Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

God, I love this video.

He's not my favourite, but if it a case of no-smoke-without-fire then Poch seems to be incredibly keen on him.

Isco would be a proper statement signing for us, and would finally give Eriksen some direct competition (if we're in the Champions League again next season then I think that's a must). No guarantees on how he might turn out, but the guy looks good in an outstanding Real side - so could very well turn up and have a Sanchez style impact.

Just imagine: Isco, Eriksen, and Alli as a three rotating behind Kane - tormenting defenders.
Salivating at that.

Interesting point although Sissoko was surely bought for his supposed pace and power?

It is however an area that could be improved.

I like the idea of Barkley and one of Zaha or Gray.

Let Lamela leave in my opinion.
And your opinion would turn us into Everton. We'd be giving up the only decent passer in our team not named Christian Eriksen for a bunch of guys who can't get the ball into dangerous positions.

Interesting point although Sissoko was surely bought for his supposed pace and power?

It is however an area that could be improved.

I like the idea of Barkley and one of Zaha or Gray.

Let Lamela leave in my opinion.

Poch has been looking to add pace over the last few transfer windows but none of Njie, GKN or Sissoko has worked out so we really need to get it right next time. I think Lamela has always been the one he's been looking to replace and his strange long term injury has pretty much cemented his departure IMO.

He's not my favourite, but if it a case of no-smoke-without-fire then Poch seems to be incredibly keen on him.

Isco would be a proper statement signing for us, and would finally give Eriksen some direct competition (if we're in the Champions League again next season then I think that's a must). No guarantees on how he might turn out, but the guy looks good in an outstanding Real side - so could very well turn up and have a Sanchez style impact.

Just imagine: Isco, Eriksen, and Alli as a three rotating behind Kane - tormenting defenders.
Salivating at that.

IKEA (Isco, Kane, Eriksen, Alli)

Imagine the attacks we could put together.

Isco seems like an old school Spurs signing - creative and exciting and stylish, but lacking in terms of athleticism and graft. Spurs history is full of players like that, and they are huge club heroes in some cases ... but Spurs are about more than that now.

I'd much rather have a Leroy Sane type than an Isco type.

The notion a technically good and stylish footballer wouldn't improve us because we're about "'more than that" is absolute tripe. The sort of stuff I'd expect to hear from one of the Twunts on Sky

The notion a technically good and stylish footballer wouldn't improve us because we're about "'more than that" is absolute tripe. The sort of stuff I'd expect to hear from one of the Twunts on Sky

The point he's making is a pacey, direct, destructive forward who can play wide of, or instead of, Kane would be more useful at this point.

Neither Chelsea nor Leicester, who between them have duopolised the last three Premier League titles, accomodate an Isco-type. They have Mahrez, Vardy, Hazard, Pedro, Costa, all of whom take the most direct route towards goal. Neither did Ferguson's United dynasty; the Premier League doesn't require excessive elaboration in possession.

Would Isco be an asset? Sure, but ultimately to share one role with Eriksen and in edition to the aforementioned kind of player player above. If he was the only forward-phase player of note brought in this summer, it'd be nothing short of a naive vanity buy on the club's part.

If Pocchettino is to persist with a back 3, I'd certainly look to acquire a third starting centreback to play next to the Belgians, plus maybe a veteran who's willing to be rotated in; Dier's not up to it.

Michael Keane is the most obvious fit, with only a year left on his contract, and his years in the lower leagues have galvanised his all-round defensive capability, something CCV should be exposed to. Wimmer can be disposed of for a decent price, with Davies given a fair crack at rotating with Jan to keep Vertonghen fresh.

Dier might just find himself in limbo this summer; adore him as a midfielder and would personally build the team around him, but it's clear Wanyama and Dembele have been promised the midfield when fit, and the emergence of Winks plus potential arrivals of Barkley/Tielmens might further limit his opportunities.

Mourinho is meant to be a big fan, and rather than take £35m cash to play some more transfer roulette with, it'd make more sense to engineer a swap with Martial, a player who'd justify the sacrifice and immediately improve the first 11 here; he's got Balon D'Or potential in the right environment with the right coach.

If Pocchettino is to persist with a back 3, I'd certainly look to acquire a third starting centreback to play next to the Belgians, plus maybe a veteran who's willing to be rotated in; Dier's not up to it.

Michael Keane is the most obvious fit, with only a year left on his contract, and his years in the lower leagues have galvanised his all-round defensive capability, something CCV should be exposed to. Wimmer can be disposed of for a decent price, with Davies given a fair crack at rotating with Jan to keep Vertonghen fresh.

Dier might just find himself in limbo this summer; adore him as a midfielder and would personally build the team around him, but it's clear Wanyama and Dembele have been promised the midfield when fit, and the emergence of Winks plus potential arrivals of Barkley/Tielmens might further limit his opportunities.

Mourinho is meant to be a big fan, and rather than take £35m cash to play some more transfer roulette with, it'd make more sense to engineer a swap with Martial, a player who'd justify the sacrifice and immediately improve the first 11 here; he's got Balon D'Or potential in the right environment with the right coach.
I remember when trolling meant something..

Dier has had a poor season but he's younger than Michael Keane and has far more potential imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom