Tottenham Hotspur vs Millwall FA CUP

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I saw some Millwall cunts being coralled slowly down into Seven Sisters station. There was a bit of
a Mexican stand off going on there.
My blood was up and them Millwall fellas were up for a fight obviously. I heard one Millwall saying,
'where was you on the high street?'. (Most of the protagonists were middle aged).

Fair enough mate I wasnt even there...didnt mean to pull you up on it in that sense

:thumbup:
That's cool mate. No probs.

There was an interesting moment between someone in the ex boxes and some fans behind us second half but that's happened before with the corporate lot, other than that moment really not sure what the big deal with Millwall is. They did not impress me vocally. Maybe it was carnage up the high road....pleased it's over. On to Wembley again. Shame for Harry Kane.

Obviously no excuse for racially abusing Sonny, that goes without saying.

However, regarding the hissing, perhaps we need to be slightly carefull. My niece (37 at the time) and brother in law (68) were at the West Brom at home game last season. They had tickets in the Park Lane, right next to the Baggies. They told me about the hissing, loads of it they reckoned. I mentioned it on a Guardian Football thread and had a few WBA who were at the game saying they weren't like that at all, it's a common Shhhhhh thing they do (like in "Can you hear the XXXXX sing... Shhhh" I suppose), they seemed genuinely mortified it had been taken the wrong way.

Now I don't know one way or another, but its a possibility...

Just to repeat, no excuse for the abuse of Son, obviously.
I'd be willing to give West Brom the benefit of the doubt on that one. It's only (to my knowledge) Chelsea and West Ham who still do the hissing, and as we've not played Millwall since Ye Olde Dayes of 2001 and their fans are generally hateful cunts when I had a very loud hissing noise coming from my telly, like the kind of interference in the TV signal you don't get anymore since the digital switchover in 2012, I assumed it must have been them "hilariously" referencing the Holocaust. The explanation that is was actually us going "Shhhh" because they were being so quiet does make sense also, though.

Vincent scoring was the most emotional I got. So want this kid to succeed.
You could see how much it meant to the players as well as him.
He must be really liked.

Millwall really mean fuck all to us. Just a south London West Ham. Only got to experience their fans 3 times myself.
However, I wish them the best in their fight to stay at their home.
I also got friendly with 4 of thier mob and they weren't that bad.
Much better than cunty gooner and Spam fans I also got to know in a neutral non football environment

Does my head in - some on here, expecting a 'Spursy' performance and talking it up as there could be a possible upset. Now its over, the same people are telling me and everyone else, how brilliant we are. WTF?

We are a very good side and todays result reflects that. Yes the Semi against a PL team will be much harder. For me, Utd are the easier option as they have EL football and may play midweek around the Semi weekend. Then i would want Woolwich in the final, see Wenger off good and proper.

As for todays result .......
giphy.gif

:coys:

Of course If Utd do win against Chelsea they'll be asked which dates would be more favourable to have their cup games played on and become the first team to play a Europa league tie on a Monday.

Meanwhile over on their forum, a little melting going on...

"personally I have come to the conclusion that every single player went out there with the focus on not getting injured for the league run in, as not a single fucking player put his foot in or got within 5 yards of a spurs player all effing game. The only time I had anything positive to say was when Fred tried to win the ball back on about 83 minutes. No excuse for getting beat like that, prem side or not, you don't give a team who can play the ball around as good as them, that much fucking space. What did Harris expect to happen? Even after 10 minutes you could see the writing on the wall but nothing changed , infact we didnt seem to change from that second before kick-off where everyone waits for the refs whistle, just stood around and watch them play pretty football.
Every neutral must have been thinking " how the fuck did this lot go 9 without conceeding".

Others may not have been embarrassed by that result and in other circumstances I would agree, but we showed nothing from the 1st to the last minute, no fight and no idea and that isnt acceptable no matter who the fuck you're playing.

Read more: Millwall Forum - Spurs do this to Prem sides

Vincent scoring was the most emotional I got. So want this kid to succeed.
You could see how much it meant to the players as well as him.
He must be really liked.

Millwall really mean fuck all to us. Just a south London West Ham. Only got to experience their fans 3 times myself.
However, I wish them the best in their fight to stay at their home.
I also got friendly with 4 of thier mob and they weren't that bad.
Much better than cunty gooner and Spam fans I also got to know in a neutral non football environment
Hope he gets a start next match. Put him in a two up front with Sonny, even a variation on an old 442, god knows. If it's not working, fuck it, hook him on 50 mins and sling Sissoko Goal Machine on, but to drop the lad now could finish him.

God knows I've slagged him off like everyone else but the best possible outcome is that he comes out the other side a decent Spurs forward

What was with the old Bill after the game, I got stuck between the millwall fans and the police walking up the high road at a snails pace, didn't make any sense at all to keep the spurs fans and Millwall both walking in 2 separate groups next to each other! Why not hold the away fans in the ground for half hour first....

how good was Winks, the kid's a marvel
shrewsbury gag was good but overall who cares

a superb professional performance and Cup send off for WHL.1
Dembele's finally got some competition!
winks is good in possession & also very calm & composed on the ball. Very mature for his age.
He can partner either of dembele or victor & learn so much from them both.
He can be what carroll threatened to be (not tiny tim in the spurs xmas panto. With levy as scrooge of course).

Having a kid break through every 3 or 4 years is pretty good going these days.
We seem to have 1 nearly every season which I don't think any other top team in the premiership is doing.
Not sure if there is a mastermind behind it or if its down to quite a few people.
But they are doing a great job.

Edwards could be the 1 to break through next season.

What was with the old Bill after the game, I got stuck between the millwall fans and the police walking up the high road at a snails pace, didn't make any sense at all to keep the spurs fans and Millwall both walking in 2 separate groups next to each other! Why not hold the away fans in the ground for half hour first....

Because a whole lot of Spurs fans would just wait around for them outside?

Happened in the past with Chelsea, WH and Woolwich.

In fact, in that unspeakable game back when the scum won the league at our ground the Park Lane was packed with people literally waiting for hours to greet the scum fans on their way home. Can someone confirm that one?

...and, lest we forget... what a way to send off the Old White Hart Lane!
a 6-0 win will go down in the history books... no one can take that away...
no one is gonna ruin that for us now... it's set in stone.

The final FA Cup tie to be played at the old White Hart Lane, was a comprehensive, wonderful, showstopping performance. One that the old ground can be proud of!

...and now, to Wembley!

:dierno::kanehand::pochshock::pochfacepalm:

Interesting from their forum

Lee - at least we didn't do the hissing thing, like Chelsea do. Dismal day, though.

I reckon it was us saying "shhhhhhhhhh". Can anyone confirm?

I can see you have asked around and got nowhere, I 100% heard the same on the TV, was only when Son touched ball and mainly first 25 mins.

It sounded like Shhhhhhhh and don't buy the fact it was our fans responding, makes no sense as happened in first 3 mins

Because a whole lot of Spurs fans would just wait around for them outside?

Happened in the past with Chelsea, WH and Woolwich.

In fact, in that unspeakable game back when the scum won the league at our ground the Park Lane was packed with people literally waiting for hours to greet the scum fans on their way home. Can someone confirm that one?

I agree they need some segregation but to walk the spurs and Millwall fans up the high road side by side is a first for me....
what was the plan today, get both of fans safely to seven sisters and hope they don't cause any shit on the tube?

I agree they need some segregation but to walk the spurs and Millwall fans up the high road side by side is a first for me....
what was the plan today, get both of fans safely to seven sisters and hope they don't cause any shit on the tube?

I was quite close to the Millwall fans and definitely heard hissing from the away fans......

Back
Top Bottom