New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm wondering if the reason they always seem to wear the away less than the third is that the third is always exclusive to Spurs shops, and maybe the club makes more money when they sell it direct
And yet when everyone loved last year's third kit, we actually wore the away one a shit ton.

As I said before, I'm starting to think they push whichever shirt sells less as our away kit of choice - it'd explain why we've played in gold so many times when the navy one would've sufficed.

And yet when everyone loved last year's third kit, we actually wore the away one a shit ton.

As I said before, I'm starting to think they push whichever shirt sells less as our away kit of choice - it'd explain why we've played in gold so many times when the navy one would've sufficed.
Same question as on previous post regards purple 3rd shirt,how many times have we worn this seasons navy away shirt?

I bought an original on eBay about 6 years ago for way more than its sensible to spend on a football shirt. So much that I'm too scared to wear it.

However, there's some decent reproductions (fakes) with the Hummel branding on on eBay too, so I bought that to wear instead:Tottenham Retro 1985 Home Shirt New White All Sizes/Sleeves | eBay
I have that top with long sleeves, got it a couple of years back for £18 I think. Really good copy, I would go as far to say that the material is more hard wearing and better put together than a lot of the recent Under Armour stuff.

Yep. Never got why we wore gold against boro when monaco wear the same colours and we wore navy then. Doesn't make sense

That is why I am surprised we wore the gold at Sunderland.
Nah Sunderland makes sense to me. They wear black shorts and socks so there is a bit of a clash there (with our navy (black) shorts and socks). Stoke and monaco wear mostly white with a decent amount of red on it. Woolwich wear a red (and a bit of white) top but their white shorts and socks don't clash with our navy ones so our home is fine as there is no real clash.

this one??
AR10018-001

When you see them side-by-side, you can clearly see they tried making an homage to that '70s Classic!
Yes. That's the one. Although the one before that was just as nice.
Yet I like this one for nostalgic reasons.

My very first kit, I lived in it even though the polyester was as itchy as fuck. Still have it somewhere...
Yeah that Admiral stuff was bollocks.
That pic is a cotton jersey.
I remember getting hold of an actual England red shirt from a relative from the England Brazil game when I was a kid and amazed at the difference of the fabrics.

Did anyone watch football mavericks on ITV 4.
Hoddle was featured. About the travesty that was him and England.
Then after Nicholas, who complained about the bypassing of him and midfield when at Woolwich. Don Howe coaching style.
Then a sort of Arse Fan TV from the late 70's where all,the gooners were bemoaning the dreadful way they were playing for Charlie, not accommodating his skill.
They all had their hair cuts like him, he came down and they expected skilful stuff and got served up the same shit they had always had from Chapman, Mee, etc, with their latest, judas Neil.
They all got mullets for fuck all as he was a flop.
He was more interested in hosting page 3 girl of the year shows, wearing leather strides, posing, getting pissed down the cally on week nights and west end weekends.
Cunt.

Seem to recall we played Coventry one year and had to wear the Coventry away shirt.

Yes I vaguely remember that - it was yellow, around the time of mid 80's when Coventry wore hummel light blue/white (Denmark-esque) half n' half and we had a white Hummel home & light blue away (must have been before the all navy classic)

I can picture Ossie in it tackling Mickey Gynn, it looked so odd (Spurs in another club's shirt, not short-arse Gynn).

Back
Top Bottom