Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Reason why Eriksen hasn't been "poached" yet, like Carrick,Bale or Modric, is because he doesn't stand out.

Reason why he doesn't stand out? He's surrounded by at least 5 or 6 other players that the biggest and richest clubs in the world would benefit from.

I'm sure that's true but you speak as if you know that for a fact but unless you're involved with the clubs or players first-hand how would you know?

I never said clubs had been in contact only they 'WILL' start sniffing around. Whilst media outlets talk shite, they do fan the flames and some have connections with clubs and agents, as we've seen with RM and Marca. They ran the stories about Bale and Modric to put pressure on us and make their intentions known. it happens all the time...

I would rather all our player flew under the radar, that way there is more chance they will stay

Gobbygonk Gobbygonk Multi?

Reason why Eriksen hasn't been "poached" yet, like Carrick,Bale or Modric, is because he doesn't stand out.

Reason why he doesn't stand out? He's surrounded by at least 5 or 6 other players that the biggest and richest clubs in the world would benefit from.
Those aren't reasons - they're opinions.

I have a feeling we need to crowd fund a dictionary for many folk on here.

I gave one logical justification - that's exactly what reasoning is.

Don't get sniffy with me. You used the word as a noun - not as a verb. Are you denying that?

Crowdfund a dictionary - how condescending.

He stands out here - just like our other stand out player.

You and Totti Totti would do well to get off his back imo - of course. Most chances created and distance covered I believe.

Can either of you tell me the last time we played well without him?

Okay, now care to answer the actual question?
I read your posts. You strongly give the impression that you're dying to rip into him, but you're aware that might prove to be an unpopular decision. Perhaps I'm wrong - there are many people who (unfathomably to my mind) don't rate him, but there's no accounting for taste.

I read your posts. You strongly give the impression that you're dying to rip into him, but you're aware that might prove to be an unpopular decision. Perhaps I'm wrong - there are many people who (unfathomably to my mind) don't rate him, but there's no accounting for taste.

Not at all. I like Eriksen, think he's a vital cog in the Pochettino machine and wasn't surprised to see our form improve when his did. I wouldn't be able to answer your question on when we last played well without him, because I can't really remember a game when we were without him, but I imagine we weren't nearly as effective.

He stands out here - just like our other stand out player.

You and Totti Totti would do well to get off his back imo - of course. Most chances created and distance covered I believe.

Can either of you tell me the last time we played well without him?

I know this is the Eriksen thread, but that Kane graphic makes me laugh. So many media whores spunking over Zlatan "Ze elbow" all season and Harry has 4 more goals in about 5 less games,

It's evident in this thread that we as spurs fans really need to start appreciating our players more. This team is full of players the like of which we've seldom seen the like of which (IT Crowd quote there for tv twonks). We're breaking records, we're setting new records, our players are winning awards season after season, and 9 times out of 10 we get something like "Yeah, but when he's not scoring hat-tricks, he's rubbish". "Eriksen gets run off the ball too easy." So would you if you were on the ball so much.

Let's fucking appreciate what we've got, whilst we've got them.

Copy and paste this to kill me with next year - If we keep this team together for next season and add 1 or 2 players, i believe we will win the league. There. said it.

Don't get sniffy with me. You used the word as a noun - not as a verb. Are you denying that?

I'm not getting "sniffy" - you decided to be incorrect and pedantic at the same time.

As for "noun not verb", it makes no difference - in both verb and noun form a reason is an explanation made using rational and/or logical thinking. It is fact he is surrounded by at least 5 or 6 players that would improve or interest any top team - it is therefore rational and logical that he does not easily noticeable (i.e. stand out) in our games because there are a number of consistent performers in the team.

We didn't have such a benefit when Carrick left, and certainly didn't when Modric left, and not when Bale left. All three of those players were easily noticeable as our key players.

The only time Eriksen stood out was when everyone around him was playing cack, or when he was scoring top class free kicks. The fact that he doesn't currently "stand out" isn't a negative reflection of his form or ability, nor is anyone suggesting that (except you implied it) - it purely represents a positive reflection on those playing around him.

As for "noun not verb", it makes no difference - in both verb and noun form a reason is an explanation made using rational and/or logical thinking.

Utter bollocks.

reasonnoun
UK /ˈriː.zən/ US /ˈriː.zən/
[ C or U ] the cause of an event or situation or something that provides an excuse or explanation:

The reason for the disaster was engine failure, not human error.
[ + question word ] The reason why grassis green was a mystery to the little boy.
[ + (that) ] The reason (that) I'm callingis to ask a favour.
not standard The reason I walkedout was because I was bored.

reasonverb [ T ]
UK /ˈriː.zən/ US /ˈriː.zən/
try to understand and to make judgments based on practical facts:

[ + (that) ] Newton reasoned (that)there must be a force such as gravity
I spent hours reasoning out the solution to the puzzle.

Now since you like dictionaries so much please read this. Then admit you are incorrect. Actually don't or we'll be here all night. You're not the only person on here that can't grasp the meaning of simple words.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom