Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's funny as one of his biggest attributes makes him less valuable. He is shy and mostly keeps out of the media. Clubs sign players partly for their global reach and exposure they can bring to the club. So yup would put him high on value for on the pitch stuff (more important) but his value drops because he isn't a social media whore. £28m - final offer...
Imagine if he could dab, Man United would have bought him for 50 million by now.

I reckon Levy knows China is a cashcow... We've already offload one for silly money. I bet he has taken him for far less than the publicised £30m but has let that price run in the press so he can get top money in the summer. Bought for £18m sold for £25m. A cool £7m profit to pay for some new toilets. We can then all think of Sissoko when unloading in the new stadium - perfect.

Are the toilets called Pissoko's then.?

"Doesn't do enough for me"

Screen-Shot-2017-03-08-at-13.46.20.jpg

:eriksenserious:

if he has the best stats at the end of the season wont RM or another big team will snap him up for 60M+ like Modric...

...hasn't he had stats like this for the last three seasons? And only just got a reasonable pay rise and within that period nobody approached him? I don't think he should be hung out to dry but there are a few things in his game that need to improve for him to be the finished article:

1. Get stronger in challenges, rarely puts a foot in and when he does it like he's testing the water and often finds it is too hot
2. Stay back on the training pitch like Beckham, Bale, etc. and practice those set pieces
3. Work on shooting (like Kane does), he has the most missed shots in the prem at the moment

I like his ethic, how he is low key on social media. He works hard and seems to run forever but there needs to be more purpose in some of what he does...

I still think for what we paid and his salary he is a fantastic player but there are better out there. If he is really the best midfielder in the league, would we be happy with his performances if he cost £60m? I have a feeling people would expect a little more.

if he has the best stats at the end of the season wont RM or another big team will snap him up for 60M+ like Modric...

...hasn't he had stats like this for the last three seasons? And only just got a reasonable pay rise and within that period nobody approached him? I don't think he should be hung out to dry but there are a few things in his game that need to improve for him to be the finished article:

1. Get stronger in challenges, rarely puts a foot in and when he does it like he's testing the water and often finds it is too hot
2. Stay back on the training pitch like Beckham, Bale, etc. and practice those set pieces
3. Work on shooting (like Kane does), he has the most missed shots in the prem at the moment

I like his ethic, how he is low key on social media. He works hard and seems to run forever but there needs to be more purpose in some of what he does...

I still think for what we paid and his salary he is a fantastic player but there are better out there. If he is really the best midfielder in the league, would we be happy with his performances if he cost £60m? I have a feeling people would expect a little more.

1) Watch the game. It's not his job to fly into challenges because it's not his strength. He forces opposition players into positions where our press is effective, leading the way for Alli, Dembele and Wanyama. There's a reason why he runs the most of ANY player in the league.

2) That's what he's always done. So many people have noted during his time here, that he's the one who stays around after training practicing. Kane said it 3 days ago ffs. Sherwood once said that Kane's biggest help at the club was staying behind after training with Sigurdsson and Eriksen. Practicing shots, finishing and modelling himself on their professionalism.

3) See two.

Why doesn't Real Madrid or the likes come in for him? Because they wouldn't be able to get him for what they paid for Modric, he hasn't kicked up a fuss and yes, there's parts of his game that needs to improve. Specifically, he struggles to dominate games against better opposition as Modric could. He runs the show in a lot of games against lower and mid-table opposition, but not against the best.

Also talk over here has always been that plenty of clubs have had feelers out for him during his spell with us, but they've always been turned away.

That might explain something I've never understood, why a giant hasn't been in for him for 45m or why we got him for 12 in the first place.

We got him for £12 because he was loyal to Ajax. Instead of letting his contract run out, he agreed to an extension, even when he wanted to leave, only for the club to receive a fee for him.

Our attack has been great after the switch to the 532. I think it's hard to argue we struggled earlier this season when playing 4231. Still think Dele should play cm instead of Dembele and we should look to bring in another attacking midfielder

Why drop Dele back to cm? He's turning into almost a second striker and it's working well.

1) Watch the game. It's not his job to fly into challenges because it's not his strength. He forces opposition players into positions where our press is effective, leading the way for Alli, Dembele and Wanyama. There's a reason why he runs the most of ANY player in the league.

2) That's what he's always done. So many people have noted during his time here, that he's the one who stays around after training practicing. Kane said it 3 days ago ffs. Sherwood once said that Kane's biggest help at the club was staying behind after training with Sigurdsson and Eriksen. Practicing shots, finishing and modelling himself on their professionalism.

3) See two.

Why doesn't Real Madrid or the likes come in for him? Because they wouldn't be able to get him for what they paid for Modric, he hasn't kicked up a fuss and yes, there's parts of his game that needs to improve. Specifically, he struggles to dominate games against better opposition as Modric could. He runs the show in a lot of games against lower and mid-table opposition, but not against the best.

Also talk over here has always been that plenty of clubs have had feelers out for him during his spell with us, but they've always been turned away.

1. I never said he should go smashing into players, we have others who do that but he doesn't look committed to challenge. I appreciate the 'Modric' factor and some things on the pitch are less obvious however he still needs to do a bit more - in my opinion.

2. Apologies, i've only read about a few staying back after training to work on their game and his name was never one I recall but I haven't read everything out that. I did read several things that Sherwood said but he did also have a habit of talking bollocks so I take what he said with a pinch of salt. I do however remember an article and it was a wider subject on professionalism and about how to conduct yourself on and off the pitch, not specific to extra training. Kudos to him if he does do extra, can't knock his ethic – that has never been in question but his accuracy is very poor.

3. RM bought Modric for 33m five years ago, the market has gone crazy since then. If De Bruyne is £55m then Modric would be WAY more on today's money. We've seen it time again, if a team really wants a player they will get them. Our man is clearly not what they are looking for. City took a risk on Kevin, it would have been easier and perhaps cheaper to come knocking on our door but they didn't. Their loss and our gain

We got him for £12 because he was loyal to Ajax. Instead of letting his contract run out, he agreed to an extension, even when he wanted to leave, only for the club to receive a fee for him.

I was saying he was cheap, by signing an extension at Ajax he kept his value high to ensure they got market value. Good lad but this shows his market value was only £12m. For us a bargain, but not a cheap out of contract player.

I don't want him hung out to dry but of all our players I guess he frustrates me the most but I also appreciate he hasn't cost us £30m, keeps his head down and has many other qualities. I just want him to do a little bit more and make more of an impact in the bigger games.

Without him we dont dictate games him and dembele controls the game for me dembele keeps the pressure on teams with his possession and erikssen controls the flow of our attack with his passing

Without him we dont dictate games him and dembele controls the game for me dembele keeps the pressure on teams with his possession and erikssen controls the flow of our attack with his passing
I'd just add to that, Eriksen is human. He will have off days. The team performances nose dive when he isn't on form. In such games, it's for the players around him to "up their game" &/or for Poch to change it round. It's a team game & a poor Eriksen performance shouldn't mean the whole team goes to shit.

I've seen it all now.

Using the fact that Real Madrid haven't bid as a stick to beat one of our players?

LOL

No, i'm not trying to beat one of our players down although it does sound like it – wasn't my aim although I appreciate it sounds that way.

I was just saying that when a player performs as a league winner, other teams higher up the food chain start sniffing around. We're not there yet so run the risk of our top players (Toby, Kane, Ali, Hugo) attracting attention. I've not seen CE mentioned. That was my sole point, perhaps others aren't convinced by him? Lucky for us perhaps... That was all.

I am honestly a fan, I know it doesn't sound that way. Just get a little frustrated by him at times.

No, i'm not trying to beat one of our players down although it does sound like it – wasn't my aim although I appreciate it sounds that way.

I was just saying that when a player performs as a league winner, other teams higher up the food chain start sniffing around. We're not there yet so run the risk of our top players (Toby, Kane, Ali, Hugo) attracting attention. I've not seen CE mentioned. That was my sole point, perhaps others aren't convinced by him? Lucky for us perhaps... That was all.

I am honestly a fan, I know it doesn't sound that way. Just get a little frustrated by him at times.

They haven't bid for any of the players you listed.

giphy.gif
:eriksenlol: x

I've seen it all now.

Using the fact that Real Madrid haven't bid as a stick to beat one of our players?

LOL
I'm very happy for our key players to not get the credit they deserve.

The media has been fairly kind this season in that regard as they seem to have the short term memory of Dori from finding Nemo - we're simultaneously 'over-reliant on Kane and Alli' while they previously covered how Rose and Walker are the best fullbacks in the league, Lloris is up there with the best, Toby is a rock, Wanyama is a beast, and Eriksen leads the league in assists.

I prefer this to the usual transfer-touting of our best talent to Europe's mega clubs. In that regard, the heat is only really on Alli.

They haven't bid for any of the players you listed.

I'm sure that's true but you speak as if you know that for a fact but unless you're involved with the clubs or players first-hand how would you know?

I never said clubs had been in contact only they 'WILL' start sniffing around. Whilst media outlets talk shite, they do fan the flames and some have connections with clubs and agents, as we've seen with RM and Marca. They ran the stories about Bale and Modric to put pressure on us and make their intentions known. it happens all the time...

I would rather all our player flew under the radar, that way there is more chance they will stay

Back
Top Bottom