Tottenham Hotspur vs Millwall FA CUP

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Boring thread: I just spent 15-20 mins reading this supposed "classic thread", yet all I have managed is a yawn or two barring a chuckle gained from one of my own.

Sorry we couldnt be more entertaining.....but seeing as the match is still 4 days away, there's not much happening yet

:carrollwtf:

----------------------Vorm----------------------
Alderweireld-Wimmer-Vertonghen
Trippier-Sissoko-Wanyama-Davies
------------------------Alli------------------------
--------------------Son-Kane------------------

It,s got 2 - 2 draw written all over it. You like to give it Billy-big-bollocks - we're the mighty spurs - but in reality you always flap ;) Spurs 2 Millwall 2 (AET) Lions win 3-4 0n pens - ALL London Semi Final MILLWALL v Woolwich and we'll do those wankers too!!

Hull City was a 'flag' day. It was a FA Cup 4th Round game involving a PL club, so a lot of the nationals picked up on it, especially as it was the same season as the West Ham trouble.

Millwall took 2,284 that day, including many of the 'serious' hooligans. Yes, it did get nasty. But again, no more so than the match the other night between Wolves & Birmingham City.

I don't want to sound like an apologists for the hooligans. However, I am an apologist for the club.

If Burnley played with a couple of miles of Fleet Street (and now Canary Wharf), instead miles away, it would be they with this 'scum of football' reputation, as they have been just as active as us over the years. Same with Cardiff City or Swansea City.

And while they have reputations, it is Millwall's location that has really cemented our place as number one trouble club. You may even bring up events like the Luton riot, yet that very year there was a death at a match between Birmingham City & Leeds United. At the actual match. But, because our game was beamed around the country it is us that people remember.

Success plays a part too. Or lack of. West Ham have every bit as 'interesting; hooligan past and present as us...yet, have a 'cheeky cockney' persona. The reason? A lot of reporters etc are West Ham fans. Many attracted to the club because of their 'sexy' sides of the 60s, 70s and 80s. The academy & all that nonsense.

Take Manchester United too. Their fans were a disgrace in Barcelona. On the rampage. However, they did win the most dramatic ever CL final, so that kinda stole the headlines.
I have it on very good authority that Burnley have the most active hooligan element in the PL. which doesn't surprise me. It's a strange, strange place. Even shopping there on a Saturday afternoon (once done, never repeated) is "edgy".

It,s got 2 - 2 draw written all over it. You like to give it Billy-big-bollocks - we're the mighty spurs - but in reality you always flap ;) Spurs 2 Millwall 2 (AET) Lions win 3-4 0n pens - ALL London Semi Final MILLWALL v Woolwich and we'll do those wankers too!!

Sounds like something a Billy big bollocks would say.

You could have and perhaps should have lost at home to Wycombe. You came close to blowing it at home to Everton..... you showed what utter melts you can be during last seasons run in- especially at Chelshit and Newcastle; You're too far up your own dirt boxes to realise that you are about to go OUT of the FA cup!!

MMMiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ;)

Yep great logic, "we always flap" you mean apart from the 8 times we won the FA Cup, I suppose we flapped then?

I have it on very good authority that Burnley have the most active hooligan element in the PL. which doesn't surprise me. It's a strange, strange place. Even shopping there on a Saturday afternoon (once done, never repeated) is "edgy".
Been up there twice for games. I asked a bunch of hyena faces where the Fishwick stand was -

"All you Tottenham cunts is down that way" was the helpful reply. So not charming, but not violent either in my experience. Left the car on the street and that was ok.

Back
Top Bottom