Tottenham Hotspur vs Millwall FA CUP

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The squad isn't complete shit, we are 6th in Div 1 not second in the Premiership, and we do have some technically good players. That said the game against MK Trump was poor until the last twenty minutes or so, this was due to the way the manager sets us up, sit deep and hit it long, the thing is we are 17 unbeaten with this style, that includes three premiership sides.

When comparing Millwall to Spurs think about what we have spent on transfer's in the last ten years nearing eleven now, it's 1.5 million, that's actually spent not a balance. So 150k a year, probably what some players are earning a week at other London clubs. I'm not crying about, it's just the way it is and in context pushing for promotion out this poor league coming to WHL for the last FA cup game in the quarter finals is not so bad.

That's roughly what our net spend is :levylol:

The squad isn't complete shit, we are 6th in Div 1 not second in the Premiership, and we do have some technically good players. That said the game against MK Trump was poor until the last twenty minutes or so, this was due to the way the manager sets us up, sit deep and hit it long, the thing is we are 17 unbeaten with this style, that includes three premiership sides.

I can agree with the way MK set up, they played a very high line and the referee missed about 20+ fouls. Mill's defense is decent, but the wing play was cringeworthy. First touches and routine passes were atrocious. I just can't see them scoring on our defense assuming Poch starts the first team, regardless of who we have in goal.

Own goal from Harry is the best shot :kanehand:

It looks daunting for us, however we have thought the same each time we have played prem sides, I suppose we look at the second string Belgium side that had success against you (I didn't see the games on TV) and think there could be a way.

You may be surprised at the way we up our game-lots of lower clubs do against decent opposition-particularly young Fred (we can't pronounce or spell his surname) who is out of contract in the summer uses the stage for selling himself.

Put aside the one dimensional negative nonsense that is reported about us and you will find an archaic old fashioned football club that still represents the people of the area, and is yet to be changed by the money that sloshes around other London clubs. Sort of makes us feel different, not better just different.

Finally, to show I really do look to our past rather than the future, I was actually at the home game in 1967 where you were lucky to come away with a 0-0.

unbeaten in 17, conceded 1 goal in ten and beat Bournemouth, Watford and Leicester without conceding a goal on their way to the 1/4 finals of the FA cup is a record that deserves respect so we better turn up in game mode if we don't want another embarrassment this season.

It looks daunting for us, however we have thought the same each time we have played prem sides, I suppose we look at the second string Belgium side that had success against you (I didn't see the games on TV) and think there could be a way.

You may be surprised at the way we up our game-lots of lower clubs do against decent opposition-particularly young Fred (we can't pronounce or spell his surname) who is out of contract in the summer uses the stage for selling himself.

Put aside the one dimensional negative nonsense that is reported about us and you will find an archaic old fashioned football club that still represents the people of the area, and is yet to be changed by the money that sloshes around other London clubs. Sort of makes us feel different, not better just different.

Finally, to show I really do look to our past rather than the future, I was actually at the home game in 1967 where you were lucky to come away with a 0-0.

Onyedinma isn't a difficult name to learn. But he's black so who cares, right? :deledoubt:

That's what West Ham fans say.. Come to think of it, it's what all teams who win fuck all say..:walker-scream:

Can't wait to get Sunday over with, beat these wankers and then let them slip back into non existence again until they either want everyone to help them save the den, or get a big draw in one of the cups.......:pochserious2:

Massive game, they cant be taken lightly, barring any injuries I would go for this;

Vorm

Toby, Wimmer, Verts,

Trips Davies

Winks Wanyama

Alli Eriksen

Kane

Subs- Lopez, Sissoko, Janssen, Dembele, Dier, Son, Walker

Would be harsh to drop Vorm considering his played all the other cup games, feel like Trippier is due a game after being so impressive when playing lately. I would play Wimmer, as I feel Dier has been very poor lately and needs a rest. I feel like Millwall will play deep and that mean needing someone to pick there time apart, which would suit Winks better than Dembele. Other than that, the usual first team.

We've won at least one trophy in every decade since 1900 except the 10's, 30's and 40's.....personally I blame World War 1 and 2 for that.

What's your excuse?
ha ha comparing winning things to little ol millwall bit small time aint it
My main team is Man utd , want me to put the trophy count up
Wheres your European cups ?(not the 2nd rate one btw) oh hang on .........
By the way just out of interest did you know seeing as you mentioned the war that millwall were the 9th best supported club in the uk up to when war broke out ! hard to believe a
They and man utd one of the few clubs also had their grounds damaged in the war from bombing
Ref to game im going 5-1 to the spurs

Can't wait to get Sunday over with, beat these wankers and then let them slip back into non existence again until they either want everyone to help them save the den, or get a big draw in one of the cups.......:pochserious2:
Cup(S)
Your only in 1 have you forgotten a little Belgian side knocked you out of one cup last week
Keep up

Back
Top Bottom