Spurs Vs. Stoke (Home) - Kick off Sunday 1:30 PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We don't rotate enough to get that variety though. Lamela has been crocked, Janssen and Sissoko haven't taken their chances etc.

There's still minimum 13 more games for Jan, Toby and Eric to get a header or two each

Fair enough about Lamela, we're effectively missing our 2nd top goal scorer.

But Dembele, Dier and Toby have played enough games at this point for the rotation point to be moot. Last season we were a real threat from corners, I think we ended up scoring the most goals from corners in the league. That was a real asset to our game because even in tight games where teams simply defended we could score. This season we don't have that.

That trio of players are down 11 goals compared to last year - maybe they'll score 3-4 in the next few months if they're lucky. In my eyes both of these facts are disappointing, I would love us to practise corners again and become a threat from them.

Fair enough about Lamela, we're effectively missing our 2nd top goal scorer.

But Dembele, Dier and Toby have played enough games at this point for the rotation point to be moot. Last season we were a real threat from corners, I think we ended up scoring the most goals from corners in the league. That was a real asset to our game because even in tight games where teams simply defended we could score. This season we don't have that.

That trio of players are down 11 goals compared to last year - maybe they'll score 3-4 in the next few months if they're lucky. In my eyes both of these facts are disappointing, I would love us to practise corners again and become a threat from them.

It seemed like forever that Toby was injured though (not sure he was last season?) and Verts has been made of glass this season.

Dembele has got bored of scoring I think.

You're missing the point massively.

Teams will look at us, look at how to beat us.
Yep. Stoke totally missed the "let's look at how to beat" Spurs in their 2 weeks off. Maybe we are just a good, young team with the propensity to brainfart at times? 4-0 today mate. Doesn't hide the cracks though does it?

:dembelewtf:

Performances like today show how good we really are, which is one of the best teams in the league. Ruthless throughout and even at 4-0 we didn't sit back.

Hopefully Jan and Toby are fine, and if so, with only playing once a week for the rest of the season then we should get top 4, maybe even second place.

I love a Monday after a Spurs win.

Whether people like it or not or want to accept it or not the variety of goals and goal scorers in our team has dropped.

2015-16
Kane - 28
Lamela - 11
Dele - 10
Eriksen - 8
Son - 8
Chadli - 7
Toby - 4
Dier - 4
Dembele - 4
Carrol - 3

Total top 10 = 87

2016-17
Kane - 19
Dele - 13
Son - 11
Eriksen - 8
Janssen - 4
Wanyama - 3
Rose - 2
Lamela - 2
Winks - 1
Davies - 1

Total top 10 = 64

The fact Janssen is in our top 5 scorers, followed by Wanyama, says everything imo. Toby has 1 vs 4, Dier has 0 vs 4, Dembele has 0 vs 4. Far less variety in our goals than last year and Kane scoring a hat trick and Dele chipping in today doesn't change that.

Happy with the result, but we need more goal scorers in our team. Some teams will triple or double mark Kane and Alli out of games and at that point we don't tend to score at all.

How can you judge a full season against 2/3 of a season?

64 / 26 then x by 38 is 94 goals anyway......

Whether people like it or not or want to accept it or not the variety of goals and goal scorers in our team has dropped.

2015-16
Kane - 28
Lamela - 11
Dele - 10
Eriksen - 8
Son - 8
Chadli - 7
Toby - 4
Dier - 4
Dembele - 4
Carrol - 3

Total top 10 = 87

2016-17
Kane - 19
Dele - 13
Son - 11
Eriksen - 8
Janssen - 4
Wanyama - 3
Rose - 2
Lamela - 2
Winks - 1
Davies - 1

Total top 10 = 64

The fact Janssen is in our top 5 scorers, followed by Wanyama, says everything imo. Toby has 1 vs 4, Dier has 0 vs 4, Dembele has 0 vs 4. Far less variety in our goals than last year and Kane scoring a hat trick and Dele chipping in today doesn't change that.

Happy with the result, but we need more goal scorers in our team. Some teams will triple or double mark Kane and Alli out of games and at that point we don't tend to score at all.
Bit disingenous...you are comparing 38 games against 26.

Who got the assists for Kanes goals? Anyone know?

Yeah, spurs fans know.

r1wGrCEZ4zTeU.gif

Back
Top Bottom