Spurs Vs. Stoke (Home) - Kick off Sunday 1:30 PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

An early Sunday kick off and off the back of a Europa league game at Wembley. It's time for Poch to be smart now and respect that we are playing a formidable opponent who can hurt us at home. What do we need to do to get the 3 points here?

predicted line up:

-----------Kane----------------
Son----Dembele---Sissoko
-------Dier---Wanyama-----
Davies- Ver---Ald-----Walker
----------Lloris------------------

Sub: Ali, Eriksen, Wimmer, Trippier

And Yes we need a PLAN B and some fresh legs on the pitch, lets not pretend Thursday games don't take their toll.

An early Sunday kick off and off the back of a Europa league game at Wembley. It's time for Poch to be smart now and respect that we are playing a formidable opponent who can hurt us at home. What do we need to do to get the 3 points here?

predicted line up:

-----------Kane----------------
Son----Dembele---Sissoko
-------Dier---Wanyama-----
Davies- Ver---Ald-----Walker
----------Lloris------------------

Sub: Ali, Eriksen, Wimmer, Trippier

And Yes we need a PLAN B and some fresh legs on the pitch, lets not pretend Thursday games don't take their toll.
so why rest Dele or are you punishing him.

Big opportunity.

None of Man Utd, Man City or Woolwich are playing this weekend so a BIG opportunity for us to go back into second and create some more space. Liverpool also playing on Monday too.

Time to put the European disaster behind us. We have THREE league games at home on the bounce now I believe and we have the best home record in the league.

Problem is, I have no idea how to line up. We're almost boring without Rose - there is something special about Walker and Rose bombing down the wings but when we just have the one, it's very lopsided and predictable. This is why I'd probably be tempted to go with this:

Lloris
Walker - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Davies
Wanyama - Winks
Dembele - Eriksen - Son
Kane
Revert back to the 4-2-3-1 until Rose is back. Winks gets the start just to the fact he releases the ball quickly to the pacey wide men of Walker and Son - I'd play Dembele on the right with his ability to carry the ball, inside whilst Walker bursts down the right and cause havoc by dragging the full back out. Get Eriksen as close to Kane as possible and have Son provide the width on the left with Davies staying relatively defensive.

Wouldn't start Alli though, not after that tackle.

3 at the back....same team as tonight please.

I would actually be tempted to play Vertonghen as the left wing back and Davies (or Wimmer) as the Cb tbh. Davies is just very reluctant to get forward whilst Jan bombs forward at every opportunity.

Dele needs dropping from the squad. Even I can't let that shit go. It also won't hurt him having a rest. As for the rest of the boys, there is a big gap between Stoke and our following game. Therefore, one last big effort before they all get a rest.

-------------------------Hugo--------------------------
-----Dier------Alderweireld------Wimmer--------
Walker------------------------------------------Verts
----------------Wanyama---Winks------------------
Eriksen-------------------------------------------Son
--------------------------God---------------------------

A win. No matter how.

-------------------------Hugo--------------------------
--------------Toby------Jan------Wimmer----------
Walker----------------------------------------Davies
---------------Wanyama----Winks------------------
Eriksen-------------------------------------------Son
--------------------------Kane--------------------------

I'd love to see GKN and Janssen get some game time, but, seeing as Poch doesn't apparently rate them at all, I am calling these subs:

Sissoko -> ~60' for Son or Eriksen
Dembele -> ~70' for Wanyama
Janssen -> ~90+2' for Kane

A thoroughly professional performance (and result) like the one we put together against West Brom would be nice!

We can do it... we're perfectly capable of sweeping *anyone aside!
*See exhibits a) Man City & b) Chelsea at WHL this season

...It's just whether we want to enough!

Vorm......(Lloris dropped the ball against City)
Wimmer for Jan (Jan fired too many shots over the bar)
Sissoko for Dembele (that eye gauge on Costa still grates me, disgusting)
Trippier for Walker (fouled someone once if I remember rightly)
Janssen for Kane (glared at the ref last night. Not ok)
Pardew for Poch (he didnt bitchslap Alli as he walked off)

Teach these cunts a lesson, internet forum style

Would be worried if the likes of Dier are still starting to be honest, especially at centre half. Hideously out of depth.

Give him Millwall in central midfield.

Back
Top Bottom