Europa League vs Gent (20.05KO)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just play trippier. May be the wrong side but that is better then Davies, who is awful. Dier is not a fucking centre back. When will poch see that seriously. If wimmer is available then he should play. He isn't great either but dier is just so bad in that position. Sorry but this 3 at the back to rubbish is not working for us. Vert and Toby together know what they are doing and we are solid. Last season we did not fuck with the formation. Swapped out injured players with ones that were natural in that position and it was fine.
Can Trippier cross with his left, though? No point in putting him out there if he can't.

Just play trippier. May be the wrong side but that is better then Davies, who is awful. Dier is not a fucking centre back. When will poch see that seriously. If wimmer is available then he should play. He isn't great either but dier is just so bad in that position. Sorry but this 3 at the back to rubbish is not working for us. Vert and Toby together know what they are doing and we are solid. Last season we did not fuck with the formation. Swapped out injured players with ones that were natural in that position and it was fine.

You have no idea what you're talking about

Sorry for being so blunt

You have no idea what you're talking about

Sorry for being so blunt

Really? So with 4 at the back how was our defense last season. We can blame the red card and is taking off Davies but our defence does not look comfortable at the best of times. 4 at the back every game thanks

I hate to sound 'old school' but the Tourist element at Wembley really does churn up the atmosphere...
If I were Spurs, I'd designate an 'away-style' home end... NOT just SAY 'if you wanna sing, book in blocks 133-135... but actually EJECT people if they DON'T!

I was in 133... and believe me, there were plenty more not singing (and taking selfies) than were singing..

I was also in 133 and I noticed there were too many "families" and tourists in the supporters blocks. A father in front of me gave me death glares for cursing in front of his daughter! Wembley is laughable when it comes to generating an atmosphere. Believe I heard three different songs being sung at once...

Nah, Roberto Carlos would have been fine at RB.

:pochfacepalm:

It's not even square pegs in round holes - it's triangular pegs that can only turn the wrong way.

343 has quite clearly been our most successful formation this season as well, and even before that Dier played last season dropping back to make a back 3 before we defined it as a 'formation' anyway.

What do you want me to do? Cheer them on? Nobody deserves unconditional support, especially not when they're the ones who continue to under perform at the most crucial times
You worthless apology of a supporter. You sicken me. If you support a team IT IS FUCKING UNCONDITIONAL. If it comes with conditions you are just an onlooker

So keep your opinions to yourself

Why do fans of Doncaster Rovers or Aldershot keep buying season tickets? For the cups and the European glory nights?

You're just a plastic copy of a supporter.

3 at the back is not working for us??? Hmmmmm what??

You worthless apology of a supporter. You sicken me. If you support a team IT IS FUCKING UNCONDITIONAL. If it comes with conditions you are just an onlooker

Why do fans of Doncaster Rovers or Aldershot keep buying season tickets? For the cups and the European glory nights?

Reading comprehension of a 5-year-old

Yes, yes, we all "unconditionally" support Spurs- none of us are going to go adopt another club or anything.
Team plays bad and people have a right to air their feelings- it's called catharsis and it helps people get past negativity and move on. So, why don't you open up a bit and admit that you were disappointed about the performance today? If you think you are going to change anyone's behavior by attempting to denigrate and bully them, I would suggest that you are trying to catch flies with vinegar- a historically unsuccessful practice. But I do appreciate your standing up for the club, of course. That is genuinely admirable.

Very disappointing, Dele fucked us and we got unlucky with having a cunt of a referee. The remaining 10 players put 100% effort into the game but we just fell short. Hopefully we can put this result behind us and get to the FA cup final and a strong run in the league. Dele completely lost it, Davies is pretty shit and certainly can't play as a wing back.

Back
Top Bottom