Liverpool away - 11th Feb - 1730hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Again, that's the problem with fans like you. You're looking at where we can fail rather than where we succeed.

I have no qualms in saying I don't like that.
Not at all. Plenty I do like.
What I don't like is certain people on here having their comments jumped on as they're perceived to be negative.
Not everyone has to be so optimistic and upbeat as others. Maybe some on here are too close to Ty in their adoration of all things Spurs also. There are always two extremes and the former is attacked far more than the latter.

I don't think 52 years of support is fickle. My point is valid, it is factual. You clearly are happy with performances like these.
It's not about being ''happy'' with performances like these. It's accepting that we aren't going to play great every game. Not even Barcelona do that.

How many games have we played poorly in the League this year? I can think of 3. We're improving yet all people want to do is shit on the team because of one bad performance in ages.

What happened after our last League loss against United?

I'll tell you, 7 wins and 2 draws.

This is my beef, all the melters never give credit for a run like that, they just use a single result to spout their bullshit.

I choose to see the 7 wins and 2 draws rather than the 1 loss.

Nothing wrong with seeing good in the side like we all do. But the inability to criticize, or accept it from others, and your willingness to accept our place as also rans rubs some of us the wrong way.
At least you got the first part of your sentence right though
You sure I didn't edit it?

It's not about accepting criticism, that's fine. What you do is a barrage every time we lose to spout your agenda.

Yet, when we go on a 9 game run of 7 wins and 2 draws, your support is nowhere near as vociferous during that than your criticism after one off results.

Your passion to criticise is far more evident than your passion to commend.

leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif

Not at all. Plenty I do like.
What I don't like is certain people on here having their comments jumped on as they're perceived to be negative.
Not everyone has to be so optimistic and upbeat as others. Maybe some on here are too close to Ty in their adoration of all things Spurs also. There are always two extremes and the former is attacked far more than the latter.
Mate I have not seen a single post from anyone on here that has said anything positive about yesterday's performance.

The positives being taken by some are those seeing the bigger picture and where we are as a team.

Well well. I'm a fickle fan. Upset by yesterday's showing so I'm labelled with the F Word. Two words for you, my self righteous, pompous, arrogant cunt. Fuck off
Jayc1 Jayc1 is clearly a city fan so delights in our loses. But why do you love to give out these 'I told you so' posts when we lose? You hate Levy, we get it. But it seems your hatred is so all consuming that you can no longer find any joy and are just itching for us to lose to so you can be proven 'right' and have a go. At this point you should just give up, go away and support another team. You've lost your Tottenham. You've become worse than a gooner now whether you like it or not. Support the club as it is, or just have a break and come back when it is a club you can support. You are just an embarrassment of a fan these days

Fucking hell. We lost one game. ONE. Off the back of a cracking run, and it was at Anfield where we traditionally struggle. The last time we had a poor performance like that and lost (away to United) we bounced back spectacularly...why cannot the same happen again. It's done, get over it, move on and support the club you miserable bunch of bumholes.

The top 6 is close , it has been for many weeks now. Why the surprise that we are just a few points off 5th and 6th, it's no shock to me. Yes we lost and thats disapointing. Playing the way we did is hurting because we are better than that. The best I felt we could get, realistically was a point, so weve lost 1 whole point, I can get over that. Playing in a way that brings back memories from days past, hurts and a feeling of 'here we go again'. Our away form is poor and needs to be addressed. Playing the way we did is not accepable and Im sure the players, Poch and staff know this. Lets judge at tye end of the season becuse thats when all the results matter.

I like it round here. It's a cool place to let of steam. And quite funny reading posts from clowns like yourself.
Do you actually enjoy the fact that the majority of posters would happily see people like you banned permanently, for your relentless carping negativity?
Because that's how you come across.
You seem to think that you have some gifted insight that no-one else possesses without having the perspicacity to realise that you don't. You post as if you think that you are gifted with the insight and skills of a surgeon, and yet all you actually possess is the ability to poke an open wound.
And you call me a clown?

Your breed of poster is as welcome as a turd in a swimming pool.

Do you actually enjoy the fact that the majority of posters would happily see people like you banned permanently, for your relentless carping negativity?
Because that's how you come across.
You seem to think that you have some gifted insight that no-one else possesses without having the perspicacity to realise that you don't. You post as if you think that you are gifted with the insight and skills of a surgeon, and yet all you actually possess is the ability to poke an open wound.
And you call me a clown?

Your breed of poster is as welcome as a turd in a swimming pool.
That's the word of the day right there.

Mate I have not seen a single post from anyone on here that has said anything positive about yesterday's performance.

The positives being taken by some are those seeing the bigger picture and where we are as a team.
The bigger picture needs to lead to something ultimately. Just improving here and there whilst it may warm the heart at the time, will be bitter if it leads to nothing in the end.

Imo we have the best defence and keeper we've had all PL era. We cannot waste that, that defence has a league title in its capabilities. I do worry that Poch/Levy will leave us short in the coming seasons to realise that potential.

Who said what I was saying was merely related to this game, it was a general statement, negative views are lambasted on here far more than someone who's overly positive. It's great to be in February and only have 3 defeats, many other seasons we'd have 3 defeats in early September. Will ultimately mean little if we finish 5th or 6th

The bigger picture needs to lead to something ultimately. Just improving here and there whilst it may warm the heart at the time, will be bitter if it leads to nothing in the end.

Imo we have the best defence and keeper we've had all PL era. We cannot waste that, that defence has a league title in its capabilities. I do worry that Poch/Levy will leave us short in the coming seasons to realise that potential.

Who said what I was saying was merely related to this game, it was a general statement, negative views are lambasted on here far more than someone who's overly positive. It's great to be in February and only have 3 defeats, many other seasons we'd have 3 defeats in early September. Will ultimately mean little if we finish 5th or 6th
You don't understand why negative opinions get criticised more than positive opinions when we're 2nd and until yesterday had won 7 in 9 in the league?

25 games, 3 defeats - all away against top 6 clubs, still in 2nd. Criticise by all means - it's not prohibited - but please less of the 'simply unacceptable' type of comment.

Even Barcelona have lost twice this season, in 3 fewer games. No wonder other fans call us entitled.

Well well. I'm a fickle fan. Upset by yesterday's showing so I'm labelled with the F Word. Two words for you, my self righteous, pompous, arrogant cunt. Fuck off
We are all upset by yesterday's performance but somehow you allways seek to gain attention from one. Rest assured as sure as day follows night, like scum rising to the surface of a pond you post. You post the same shit too, never about the actual game, never what was bad and why and always without fail directing your bile on fellow Spurs fans. And here we are again, ground hog day, true colours shown, laid bare to whiteness. With out doubt the most boring poster on here.

Yes, finishing 5th or 6th would be disappointing, roughly where we should finish giving the finances of the club, but disappointing as we expect to punch above our weight these days. But we are second, not 5th or 6th. Maybe hold off the melting until then. Some posters on here remind of little kids that dads have made them support Derby or Wednesday but still shed a few tears every year when they don't win theChampions League. We are not Real Madrid, if you don't like that, maybe support Real Madrid.

At this point you should just give up, go away and support another team.
Oh come on mate. I was reading your post with respect till I got to this bit. If your a proper football fan you'll know I cannot support another team. It's a ridiculous statement. Childish even. Spurs is in my blood. It's been a major part of my life since I started to walk, and will be so long as I continue to breath. Maybe I'm just too passionate for you and a few others on here

Back
Top Bottom