Liverpool away - 11th Feb - 1730hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No one has 'praised' the team...

Because there was fuck all to praise, beyond Hugo.

Our defence was fucking shite, our central midfield was shite, our line of three were fucking shite and our striker(s) was/were shite (fucking shite in Son's case).

I'm not suggesting we wallow in it but we need to recognise it. I've long held the view that we're not as great as we think we are when we win, and not as shite as we think we are when we lose. Games like today certainly challenge the latter, but its still true, we're a decent top 6 club, maybe somewhat better than that even. But given the daft wanking off before both this game and the one vs City, about how going to two really difficult grounds against two really difficult teams (even given their recent form) was going to be points in the bank, the former point would appear to be very, very much true.

Last edited:
Well its the better players letting us down in games like today, not the people on the bench

Though Davies was a disaster
I agree, but we all know that players believe in their own hype which is boosted by sky who need to sell sky sports subscriptions. Even if Kane, Alli and Eriksen have recently gone missing in big games, other teams will come sniffing, sky will report interest whether true or false, then players become unhappy

I still genuinely believe that our fully fit team (including Rose and Verts) would smash that rabble.
Our first 11 (which picks itself) is like a precision, well oiled machine - until you take a component out.

My only criticism of Spurs and Poch is the gulf between the first team and when we have to adjust. I'm sure Poch is aware of this.

I still genuinely believe that our fully fit team (including Rose and Verts) would smash that rabble.
Our first 11 (which picks itself) is like a precision, well oiled machine - until you take a component out.

My only criticism of Spurs and Poch is the gulf between the first team and when we have to adjust. I'm sure Poch is aware of this.
Well with our two first choice left footed defenders, Mane wouldn't have had anywhere near as much time or freedom. So it's an immediate agree. Stick Lamela in there as well & you get a proper tackling AM rather than sonny, who almost got himself sent off in the first half for something that barely resembled a tackle, then didn't make another tackle for the rest of the game.

Poch leaving Ben Davies on an island vs Mane was a terrible tactical decision. Set the tone from the get go. Plus trying to build things from the back via the pass played into Pool's hands. Poch got the trip to Anfield all wrong.

Not sure about that. Pool outplayed Spurs at the Lane too. Sometimes you gotta give credit where it's due. Rose and JV would've helped but not sure if that would've mattered today with Poch's perplexing tactical approach.

Last edited:
My only criticism of Spurs and Poch is the gulf between the first team...

We should have strengthened in January. Either have wedged out (yes, over the odds) to try to get an Isco, Aubameyang or whoever, or look to bolster what is evidently a weak squad when you scratch the surface.

Throughout the ENIC era we've failed again and again to stamp down on the throat of weak rivals and again and again we've been made to pay for it.

I'm totally ambivalent about Levy and ENIC and all that shit, "In Levy We Trust" or ENIC Out", both sides ignore the positive arguments that the other makes, but my big criticism of our administration is just that, that we've never dared to do, capitalised on the evident weakness of all of our rivals at various points.

It's why, objectively, were still 5th out of the so-called <sick-in-mouth> "big 6" and maybe even 6th behind Liverpool in terms of international caché.

Last edited:
I agree, but we all know that players believe in their own hype which is boosted by sky who need to sell sky sports subscriptions. Even if Kane, Alli and Eriksen have recently gone missing in big games, other teams will come sniffing, sky will report interest whether true or false, then players become unhappy
If we finish outside the top 4 then yes we will probably lose our best players. Yet when we do make the top 4 we are unable, or more accurately unwilling, to attract the best players. It's the price we pay for putting profit before success I'm afraid. ( gets ready for pompey, leeds, wimbledon comparisons)

I went for a jog Post game. Put on talk shit radio while running , By the time I heard two "massive Liverpool fans" from London calling up to praise their team I felt proud again to be a Spurs man.

We lost. We Played shit. it's frustrating. But it happens. It's not the end of the world ( although I felt a bit like it was earlier ) but listening to them idiots cumming in their pants while they were driving home through Surrey changed my anger to pity, what utter Bellends

For me, what causes my anger most (Liverpool fans aside ) is the frustration of our players beating themselves. They are frankly better than that tripe tonight, as much as they are better than Newcastle etc. Something happens in their minds. I don't know what happens, it could actually be that they hype themselves up too much ahead of these games as much as they don't care, as I suspect they care very much.

But plenty of good sides have bad days, and Spurs are a good side with a good manager and set up, as it stands maybe they are not there at the very very top and maybe we won't ever be because sometimes it can easier to come up a little short for a group of players, that can happen more often than not and that's why some good team break up quickly.

But those questions and puzzles can't be solved by us, all we can really do is try to give what support we can and appreciate what we are and where we are, which is very much on the up overall and getting better, as tough as today is, 3 loses in 25 says a great deal more than losing 2-0 at a place where most teams lose.

As supporters we are not the self entitled cunts that support cheatski or Man Pooh. We are not the "victim" tools who live 300 miles away from their home ground like the tossers who called Talksport, we are not the pricks who want to sack Auntie Wenger because he delivers 20 years of unbroken success. And we are not the play thing of Chinese and Arab money men.

We are Tottenham and frankly what that means overall counts for more than an annual cluster fuck at Anfield, as painful as that was tonight. It's gone. It's done. They should be winning at home. Big deal. Get over yourself Klopp. Your failing overall, that's the bigger fact than one win tonight.

Onwards........Plenty of good times to come this season. 4 wins on the spin and things will look up. Klopp won't win FUCK all. Liverpool can Do one. They no longer mean anything in the grand scheme of things. They were the Chelsea of the 70's and 80's. Their fans can keep thinking this is your year. They only have the support they do due to how TV covered football in the 70's and 80's, it's laughable really.

For us I hope we see a bit of freshinging up in the next 3 games, a bit of rotation and come the next home game it might all feel a bit better.

Keep on loving the Spurs ( ok hate em a bit when they lose ) but remember thank god we aren't Liverpool fans !

Oh one PS. Thought Winks was excellent again when he came on. Hope he plays the next three games from the start. Guy deserves to.

I was absolutely gutted by today's result and the all round pathetic display. However, results like this show how important it is to grind out wins and draws in other fixtures, even if you play badly. Had we not, for instance, ground out a point against City a few weeks ago, then this loss would've caused us to drop down the table. So all round I am not that concerned by this loss as long as we bounce back in our next league game against Stoke. Certainly this result is no reason to melt.

I went for a jog Post game. Put on talk shit radio while running , By the time I heard two "massive Liverpool fans" from London calling up to praise their team I felt proud again to be a Spurs man.

We lost. We Played shit. it's frustrating. But it happens. It's not the end of the world ( although I felt a bit like it was earlier ) but listening to them idiots cumming in their pants while they were driving home through Surrey changed my anger to pity, what utter Bellends

For me, what causes my anger most (Liverpool fans aside ) is the frustration of our players beating themselves. They are frankly better than that tripe tonight, as much as they are better than Newcastle etc. Something happens in their minds. I don't know what happens, it could actually be that they hype themselves up too much ahead of these games as much as they don't care, as I suspect they care very much.

But plenty of good sides have bad days, and Spurs are a good side with a good manager and set up, as it stands maybe they are not there at the very very top and maybe we won't ever be because sometimes it can easier to come up a little short for a group of players, that can happen more often than not and that's why some good team break up quickly.

But those questions and puzzles can't be solved by us, all we can really do is try to give what support we can and appreciate what we are and where we are, which is very much on the up overall and getting better, as tough as today is, 3 loses in 25 says a great deal more than losing 2-0 at a place where most teams lose.

As supporters we are not the self entitled cunts that support cheatski or Man Pooh. We are not the "victim" tools who live 300 miles away from their home ground like the tossers who called Talksport, we are not the pricks who want to sack Auntie Wenger because he delivers 20 years of unbroken success. And we are not the play thing of Chinese and Arab money men.

We are Tottenham and frankly what that means overall counts for more than an annual cluster fuck at Anfield, as painful as that was tonight. It's gone. It's done. They should be winning at home. Big deal. Get over yourself Klopp. Your failing overall, that's the bigger fact than one win tonight.

Onwards........Plenty of good times to come this season. 4 wins on the spin and things will look up. Klopp won't win FUCK all. Liverpool can Do one. They no longer mean anything in the grand scheme of things. They were the Chelsea of the 70's and 80's. Their fans can keep thinking this is your year. They only have the support they do due to how TV covered football in the 70's and 80's, it's laughable really.

For us I hope we see a bit of freshinging up in the next 3 games, a bit of rotation and come the next home game it might all feel a bit better.

Keep on loving the Spurs ( ok hate em a bit when they lose ) but remember thank god we aren't Liverpool fans !

Oh one PS. Thought Winks was excellent again when he came on. Hope he plays the next three games from the start. Guy deserves to.
Blatant 'I jog' post....

15-20 years ago, when Liverpool were top four mainstays and CL regulars, we were midtable wannabes. If we went to Anfield we are almost assured to lose and Liverpool fans saw us as, rightly, no threat and a bit of a joke. If they now see beating us as a major victory and need to phone radio shows to boast about it, it speaks volumes about just how far we've come.

We should have strengthened in January. Either have wedged out (yes, over the odds) to try to get an Isco, Aubameyang or whoever, or look to bolster what is evidently a weak squad when you scratch the surface.

Throughout the ENIC era we've failed again and again to stamp down on the throat of weak rivals and again and again we've been made to pay for it.

I'm totally ambivalent about Levy and ENIC and all that shit, "In Levy We Trust" or ENIC Out", both sides ignore the positive arguments that the other makes, but my big criticism of our administration is just that, that we've never dared to do, capitalised on the evident weakness of all of our rivals at various points.

It's why, objectively, were still 5th out of the so-called <sick-in-mouth> "big 6" and maybe even 6th behind Liverpool in terms of international caché.
More clueless nonsense. Name one top four side that was able to strengthen with an assured first team starter this past window? Folks like you seem to think there is some warehouse just off the A406 where you can go and easily pick up a top flight player off the shelf at any point during January.

This side is more than capable of beating Liverpool. Crying that we lost this game because the club didn't invest in a typically difficult transfer window is a monumental overreaction.

, but my big criticism of our administration is just that, that we've never dared to do, capitalised on the evident weakness of all of our rivals at various points
This is such a fantastic point. People harp on about how we can't compete with the others in terms of wages or transfer fees. But if we're not prepared to push the boat out once in a while, pay the wages for a top stellar name to give us global recognition, insist on such a frugal business mentality, and refuse to honour the famous club motto, then we'll always be left behind. Surely wembley has shown we have a fan base that deserves better.

This is such a fantastic point. People harp on about how we can't compete with the others in terms of wages or transfer fees. But if we're not prepared to push the boat out once in a while, pay the wages for a top stellar name to give us global recognition, insist on such a frugal business mentality, and refuse to honour the famous club motto, then we'll always be left behind. Surely wembley has shown we have a fan base that deserves better.
Why don't people like you be a bit patient? Is the massive new stadium, NFL deal and state of the art training ground not an attempt to lay the groundwork for making us a bigger global brand....which in turn would then make it easier to but the star names you're talking about?

Too many people want it all yesterday. They're not content with us making two steps forward and one step back, gradually over time getting better and better. I mean come on, compare the mid table farce we were twenty years ago to what we are now. Anyone with half a brain should at least be prepared to wait and see how the club approaches things once the stadium is done. But no...

25deb37264f024f7f52fbab75ff172a0.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom