Isco - the player we need

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So now I know - "Oh when THE spurs go marching in" - they are cunts too right? They fucked up their own point? I hope you never sing that song and fuck up your own point and create waste of time songs.

This is clearly not a place to exchange opinions - it is clearly not a community of spurs fans.

My experience here has been quite extreme - I posted my opinion about a few players - and have been called a cunt etc many times. I guess you aren't looking at things on this level - but that way of approaching things is pretty close to fundamentalism - and as much as I love THFC - I don't want anything to do with a community of people who think this is how to treat somebody - even if they don't share their opinion about whatever.

WTF are you thinking?
"talking nonsense or creating waste of time threads." and "cunt" etc - ffs - I thought I found a place to talk about THFC - I just wanted to chat and share an opinion.

I would be surprised if you were there when I was at the lane to see Waddle and Beardlsey destroy us when they played for Newcastle against us, to see Gazza's first game at the lane, etc etc. I was at Wembley in 87 and for the semi-final against Woolwich. I was so nervous - I couldn't even piss. My point is - I've been there too and love THFC too. I have memories and my life has been shaped by THE spurs too - ffs - whether they have aTHE or no THE !

I've been through as many painful experiences as you - I've been to Highbury enough times when we got spanked. Frankly, the way you've been aiming spite at me - is exactly what you and the Arse do - 'we beat the scum' and all that - and I really don't think is what the spirit of spurs is about. Spurs are about beautiful football, come what may. Audere Est Facere

we have had some of the best mildfield players in the world - we have had Gazza and Hoddle. We now have the best team we've ever had. I am a spurs fan - so fuck me - I have an opinion - is that alllowed here? My opininion, it may be wrong - and I don't think that would make me a cunt but anyway - is that we need a world class midfielder. So I suggested Isco. Apparently that makes me the fucking cuntiest cunt in the world - plenty of you have made that point - i may as well be sol campbell's lover. wtf happened? how the fuck is it such a big problem to suggest a different opinion here?

We get bogged down when teams play 10-0 and I feel like Eriksen can't crack through -that doesn't actually mean I am a troll or a spurs hater. Just that I have an opinion - which is probably wrong - but we're on the internet - isn't that the point - we get the freedom to give our opinion?

we have had some of the best mildfield players in the world - we have had Gazza and Hoddle. We now have the best team we've ever had. I am a spurs fan - so fuck me - I have an opinion - is that alllowed here? My opininion, it may be wrong - and I don't think that would make me a cunt but anyway - is that we need a world class midfielder. So I suggested Isco. Apparently that makes me the fucking cuntiest cunt in the world - plenty of you have made that point - i may as well be sol campbell's lover. wtf happened? how the fuck is it such a big problem to suggest a different opinion here?

We get bogged down when teams play 10-0 and I feel like Eriksen can't crack through -that doesn't actually mean I am a troll or a spurs hater. Just that I have an opinion - which is probably wrong - but we're on the internet - isn't that the point - we get the freedom to give our opinion?

To be honest, I think some people are just taking the piss now.

My two penneth worth, historically we've often been referred to as 'The Spurs' so I don't see why people are crying about that. As for Isco, he's a good player and would definitely add to the team but when it comes to signing players, particularly these days, it's not so much about the money they'd demand but more so about whether they'd fit in on a personal level, we have a fantastic harmony in the squad at the moment and I'd hate for us to sign a Billy big bollocks who thinks that he's too good to need to put in the effort of the others. I'm not saying Isco is that kinda guy he could well be a humble chap willing to graft for a place, but his personality and temperament would be a key issue before even considering wages / fees etc.

I agree to an extent about Eriksen, when he is on top of his game the whole team seems to step up a gear, Eriksen's issue is trying to maintain the top performances week in week out and when he doesn't hit the heights it shows.

He does need competition for his place, whether it's Isco or not, I don't know but it does feel like it's the final piece needed in the current squad which is the strongest I have seen in donkeys years

What planet is this? Miss a word and that means the person is a cunt? Have a different opinion and that means they are a cunt?

We support the same team - want the same thing - just have different opinions about different players.

Eriksen is a good player - fine - so I can't disagree? I just have a different opinion - that he's too inconsistent.

I am sorry - I thought this was a place to talk about THE spurs. How can you construct that sentence without THE ? wtf?

what the fuck are you people going to do when we move to the new stadium - chase the new people out with pitchforks?

I have been universally called a cunt because I don't think Eriksen and Dembele are all that great. wtf. I haven't said anything negative about Poch, about any other player ..

Are you taking the piss?

"I thought this was a place to talk about Spurs"

There you go - sentence constructed without the 'The'...

So now I know - "Oh when THE spurs go marching in" - they are cunts too right? They fucked up their own point? I hope you never sing that song and fuck up your own point and create waste of time songs.

This is clearly not a place to exchange opinions - it is clearly not a community of spurs fans.

My experience here has been quite extreme - I posted my opinion about a few players - and have been called a cunt etc many times. I guess you aren't looking at things on this level - but that way of approaching things is pretty close to fundamentalism - and as much as I love THFC - I don't want anything to do with a community of people who think this is how to treat somebody - even if they don't share their opinion about whatever.

WTF are you thinking?
"talking nonsense or creating waste of time threads." and "cunt" etc - ffs - I thought I found a place to talk about THFC - I just wanted to chat and share an opinion.

I would be surprised if you were there when I was at the lane to see Waddle and Beardlsey destroy us when they played for Newcastle against us, to see Gazza's first game at the lane, etc etc. I was at Wembley in 87 and for the semi-final against Woolwich. I was so nervous - I couldn't even piss. My point is - I've been there too and love THFC too. I have memories and my life has been shaped by THE spurs too - ffs - whether they have aTHE or no THE !

I've been through as many painful experiences as you - I've been to Highbury enough times when we got spanked. Frankly, the way you've been aiming spite at me - is exactly what you and the Arse do - 'we beat the scum' and all that - and I really don't think is what the spirit of spurs is about. Spurs are about beautiful football, come what may. Audere Est Facere

Seriously, you do come across as a bit of a child. You make your opinions. Fine. Some people disagree with you and challenge you - and no it isn't the fucking One Show so maybe the language is a bit more colourful - and you throw a fucking fit and melt like a middle class gooner chump crying because someone said his picnic basket was a bit shit. Don't just rock up all of a sudden and expect adoration or lots of cuddles. Seriously. Stick to C Beebies and the One Show.

Eriksen is a young man at 24 who has yet to find his peak. Not sure who you think we could get who would be more consistent than him? He needs some competition for his place, I certainly don't think he should get binned off for a £30-40m player who may or may not have experience of PL football or a cast off from another side.

Also try one of the other Spurs forums, we're pretty relaxed here, happy to cunt each other off. Try it in SC or COYS you'll get instant banning for saying something the admin doesn't agree with.

I rocked up thinking i could have a conversation. - an exchange of opinions. I was actually excited to find somewhere I could talk about THFC . For you that means I am a baby on the one show or something like that.

This is not a place for a free exchange of views about THFC - it's pretty extreme - if I even call our team THE spurs - I will be called out.

Not sure what the point of your aggression is or how it will help THFC -

whatever COYS

I like how this ill-begotten thread's been derailed. Found new life it has hmm?

Anyway, could it be that when referring to "the Spurs", with the definite article, it's being done in an exclusive way, when referring to "Spurs" alone, it's done in an inclusive way? Furthermore, use of the "the" definite article prior to "spurs" (i.e. "the spurs") helps differentiate from situations where use of the "spurs" word alone would be gramatically correct but contextually ambiguous.

For example, are you more likely to say "I love Spurs" (inclusive) or "I love the Spurs" (exclusive) or "I am a cunt"?

As another example, would you be more inclined to say "I am a Spurs fan" or "I am a the Spurs fan", conversely, would you say "I am a fan of the Spurs" or "I am a fan of Spurs" or "Am I a cunt"? Well, it would be correct to say "I am a Spurs fan" just as it would to say "I love the Spurs".

tl;dr I am talking the bollocks, I am a the cunt; but I like talking about Spurs as The Definite Article.

Why can nobody here take a different opinion? What's the pont of a forum if you don't want to talk about different points of view?

We're talking about football- we're all watching from a distance and making an opinion.

I rocked up thinking i could have a conversation. - an exchange of opinions. I was actually excited to find somewhere I could talk about THFC . For you that means I am a baby on the one show or something like that.

This is not a place for a free exchange of views about THFC - it's pretty extreme - if I even call our team THE spurs - I will be called out.

Not sure what the point of your aggression is or how it will help THFC -

whatever COYS

Perhaps you also refer to that lot as The Woolwich, which sounds totally pompous.

You're the one who has taken offence when you've been called out for your view on replacing a young player who has been a key part of our team and replacing him with another who has shown no desire to play for us or even come to us. Isco to Spurs is just a pipe dream of many fans who feel we should be spending money on 'named' players. We've done better signing Alli and Dier types, young relatively unknowns who will fight for the shirt.

Perhaps you also refer to that lot as The Woolwich, which sounds totally pompous.

You're the one who has taken offence when you've been called out for your view on replacing a young player who has been a key part of our team and replacing him with another who has shown no desire to play for us or even come to us. Isco to Spurs is just a pipe dream of many fans who feel we should be spending money on 'named' players. We've done better signing Alli and Dier types, young relatively unknowns who will fight for the shirt.

Ok fine - so you might be right.

I thought that was the point of a forum like this - I didn't know the background and now I know. So why all the fire and animosity? Having seen Isco I thought he would be a great fit - so I suggested him. I want us to get past being 'challengers' and thought he might make the difference.

Who knows? It may be a shit suggestion but I don't get the animosity.

Can I not be a tottenham fan and not be convinced about Eriksen and Dembele?

I just have an opinion - if we win the league in the next year or two we will have someone else in their positions.

Maybe should have started in the introduce yourself and forum toilet threads first? Instead of starting an Isco - The Player We Need post? Imagine your opening line being hello we should sign that Gareth Bale to replace Lamela thread :lamelaaghh::baletroll:

Of course you're allowed a difference of opinion, you'll find though you'll have the piss ripped out of you if it generally doesn't hold much water. You could be like John Thomas John Thomas who doesn't believe a single brick will be laid at the mythical new stadium. Or you could be like ole Gibbs and his team of 6ft plus beasts. Say something controversial and you'll get called out on it. I think you'll find a lot of us took the piss with regard to us signing Isco.

Last edited:
I actually joined her because I am so excited about Harry Winks - -I know everybody thinks he's on the same level as our past mids (I loved Darren Caskey) - I really think we have our cog. So for all the abuse because I am not convinced about Dembele and Eriksen - just in my opinion - I want to see Winks in the heart of our operations. - and in my fantasy world we would have HW with Delle and when we are in the new place, with plenty of money - Isco.

Back
Top Bottom