Spurs match day vlogger

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I
facebook-like-thumb-icon.jpg
THIS T#READ!

It would be a bit simpler if the stadium issued verbal warnings, that any videos made at the ground contravened Barclay's copyrights and that anyone seen doing it would be summarily ejected from the stadium.
Problem with that approach is that fans would see it from the perspective that their filming is a way of sticking it to the big business and the money that permeates modern football. Don't think it'd work. Much better off appealing to people's individual privacy.

Problem with that approach is that fans would see it from the perspective that their filming is a way of sticking it to the big business and the money that permeates modern football. Don't think it'd work. Much better off appealing to people's individual privacy.

...or just not being a twat and enjoying the LIVE game (that I assume you paid for) LIVE!!
...rather than experiencing it via a mobile phone screen...

Honestly, no wonder people can't communicate with each other face-to-face anymore.

*Funnily enough, I was chatting to someone on the bus the other day, and before I knew it, they left swiped my face 'cos they wanted to talk to someone else... the cheek of it!

* FAKE STORY THAT!

...or just not being a twat and enjoying the LIVE game (that I assume you paid for) LIVE!!
...rather than experiencing it via a mobile phone screen...

Honestly, no wonder people can't communicate with each other face-to-face anymore.

*Funnily enough, I was chatting to someone on the bus the other day, and before I knew it, they left swiped my face 'cos they wanted to talk to someone else... the cheek of it!

* FAKE STORY THAT!
Black Mirror, season 3, episode 1. Pretty much depicts a future world where that wouldn't have been a fake story.

Black Mirror, season 3, episode 1. Pretty much depicts a future world where that wouldn't have been a fake story.

Saw it last Christmas... agree 100%... that is where we're heading...
...and it's not even a warning 'if we're not careful' anymore, it's actually happening!

I'd f****n ban mobiles full stop. Everyone has to hand them in at the turnstiles. My mate started to record the penalty on Saturday and I quizzed him as to what the hell he was doing. Just enjoy the moment.

I get a bit confused by the PC bandwagon. This may be contentious, but you'll have to bear with me...

Yes, no one should make fun out of disabled people - HOWEVER - we're supposed to be treating disabled people as equals, not just people with difficulties, are we not?

So, when someone who may not actually be disabled (people are just judging that on his speech/appearance) actively goes out in the public domain and makes himself known to be not quite normal, why then does it become a exclusion zone?

I'm not sure there's such thing as a weird person who isn't somehow suffering from a mental condition, be it your autisms or downs syndrome, or any other social inadequacies. Surely most Woolwich fans you see on AFTV are all not quite 'normal'.

Is it not the difference between being sought out, and bringing attention to yourself - that's even based on the assumption that he isn't just an eccentric.

I'd f****n ban mobiles full stop. Everyone has to hand them in at the turnstiles. My mate started to record the penalty on Saturday and I quizzed him as to what the hell he was doing. Just enjoy the moment.

PRECISELY THAT: "Just enjoy the moment"
Just enjoy the moment
Just enjoy the moment
Just enjoy the moment
Just enjoy the moment
Just enjoy the moment!!

People seem so intent on capturing the present for the future, that they forget to enjoy the moment, as it's happening!

In years to come, when we tell our Grandchildren "We were there" they'll ask us, "Grandad (or Grandma!) What did you feel as the winning goal went in?

"Dunno Son, I was too busy getting my aspect ratio right on my phone, and then uploading it to 'YouTwat' to show/brag to all my fake online friends that I was there.... except I wasn't really there 'cos I missed the actual event!"

PEOPLE ARE FUCKING TWATS SOMETIMES, AND I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS IT!

I get a bit confused by the PC bandwagon. This may be contentious, but you'll have to bear with me...

Yes, no one should make fun out of disabled people - HOWEVER - we're supposed to be treating disabled people as equals, not just people with difficulties, are we not?

So, when someone who may not actually be disabled (people are just judging that on his speech/appearance) actively goes out in the public domain and makes himself known to be not quite normal, why then does it become a exclusion zone?

I'm not sure there's such thing as a weird person who isn't somehow suffering from a mental condition, be it your autisms or downs syndrome, or any other social inadequacies. Surely most Woolwich fans you see on AFTV are all not quite 'normal'.

Is it not the difference between being sought out, and bringing attention to yourself - that's even based on the assumption that he isn't just an eccentric.

You have opened up a very interesting can of worms!

Yes, I totally agree... treating people as equals is what we all strive for...
and yet, if someone is behaving like a twat (which this online goon is) then we're not allowed to say it, in case it offends him, and his Care workers have their work cut out next week trying to calm him down 'cos people had a go at him for doing what he did.

Either the guy is a prick (with or without ASD/ASPERGER'S/DOWNS/RIVER BLINDNESS or whatever he's got...) or he's not. My guess is, even if this fella had all his faculties in tact, he'd probably still be a bit of a tosser...
we shouldn't let disability get in the way of that fact!

He's 'OK' enough to own and operate a mobile phone... if he wasn't, he wouldn't have one.
But he does, and he goes and does that with it.

You only have to scroll down on YouTube for 2 or 3 comments on any uploaded footage before the insults come raining in... even if you upload a litter of Puppies snuggling up to a Baby Panda... you'll get some cunt who thinks they should all be shot, stuffed or eaten... so why should 'our guy' escape the flak for being a bit of a tit?

Yes. How he looks and how he speaks. It is blatantly obvious that he has what are broadly and generically termed 'learning difficulties' these days. Mentioning it out is no slight upon him or his character.

If you want to challenge that for reasons of signalling your own virtue knock yourself out, but don't use me or anyone else as a foil for said virtue simply for noting what is plain to see
I'm not looking to virtue signal (which is always a dick move imo) I'm saying this guy doesn't look "downs" or anything else to me. What he's saying, and everything he writes, seems normal to me. I'd challenge low IQ even, based on his writing. It's a lot better than the majority on here.

He slurs his speech a little and he has a fat face - I don't get the link from that to saying he has a low IQ or other "learning difficulties".

Yes, pretty sure it's not Down Syndrome, the physical characteristics are not present. I would hazard a guess that it's nothing more than low IQ. Which can have similar social characteristics to Downs (immensely trusting and difficulty assigning emotional tells to others etc)

He's definitely not Downs... just 'cos the guy's got a wonky eye... doesn't earn him a Blue badge!

he may, however suffer form Twat Syndrome... which is a common affliction these days!

even if you upload a litter of Puppies snuggling up to a Baby Panda... you'll get some cunt who thinks they should all be shot, stuffed or eaten... so why should 'our guy' escape the flak for being a bit of a tit?

Haha, YouTube comments sections are a minefield. Some of the funniest, weirdest, most disturbing, irrelevant comments to are be found on there - no idea why.

I'm not looking to virtue signal (which is always a dick move imo) I'm saying this guy doesn't look "downs" or anything else to me. What he's saying, and everything he writes, seems normal to me. I'd challenge low IQ even, based on his writing. It's a lot better than the majority on here.

He slurs his speech a little and he has a fat face - I don't get the link from that to saying he has a low IQ or other "learning difficulties".
Ok, it really doesn't matter either way, i mean no insult pointing out what I see. If you see different, no worries :thumbup:

You have opened up a very interesting can of worms!

Yes, I totally agree... treating people as equals is what we all strive for...
and yet, if someone is behaving like a twat (which this online goon is) then we're not allowed to say it, in case it offends him, and his Care workers have their work cut out next week trying to calm him down 'cos people had a go at him for doing what he did.

Either the guy is a prick (with or without ASD/ASPERGER'S/DOWNS/RIVER BLINDNESS or whatever he's got...) or he's not. My guess is, even if this fella had all his faculties in tact, he'd probably still be a bit of a tosser...
we shouldn't let disability get in the way of that fact!

He's 'OK' enough to own and operate a mobile phone... if he wasn't, he wouldn't have one.
But he does, and he goes and does that with it.

You only have to scroll down on YouTube for 2 or 3 comments on any uploaded footage before the insults come raining in... even if you upload a litter of Puppies snuggling up to a Baby Panda... you'll get some cunt who thinks they should all be shot, stuffed or eaten... so why should 'our guy' escape the flak for being a bit of a tit?

This is sort of where I'm going with it.

He's out on his own, drinking, getting public transport, using a mobile. He's obviously a responsible adult.

As much as we all might have been picked on in our lives at some point, it's often for a logical reason - behaviour that isn't socially acceptable, generally being an outlier, or doing something strange. If we can't identify what acting abnormally is, our peers normally can see it in us. Normally, a bit of grief makes us think "yeah, probably brought that upon myself".

I'm all for people having an even playing field, but I don't think this "you can't take the piss out of someone acting odd if he looks odd" is right. That lad might not have a disability, but why are we (in general life) letting people with mental conditions run around like they're untouchable anyway? What is that teaching anyone?

You see it in supermarkets, a kid treated as "disabled" because he's hyperactive, no one is allowed to comment when he runs around trashing the place, making noise, otherwise being a pain in the fucking arse. Those kids grow up not knowing their boundaries surely?

A little off-topic, but if no one is making fun of someones appearance/disabilities, that is completely different to making fun of their behaviour.

the future is that 360 advert.
One person will stand there like a knob filming it, whilst everyone else watches it on virtual reality at home.
Not because they couldn't go/get tickets either. But because it's a virtual reality and they think it's better than reality.

It's like everyone walks about living life through their phones. Some cunts would stand there and film someone getting beat up or in an accident and upload it to you tube before trying to intervene or call emergency services.
I fucked off Facebook years ago. Meet all your school mates they said, it's great I did, but then realised that apart from two I thought all the rest were dickheads anyway, and now they were just bigger dickheads..
Then a person I know from the area requested friend, and was constantly messaging me. I saw him down the road, called out and he just said ' alright' from over the road. Kept on walking. Baffled.
Then about 3 hours later he's messaging me on Facebook, what's happening, etc.
I fucked it off then.

Back
Top Bottom