Spurs match day vlogger

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Haha, that's made me laugh. Messaging about being messaged.

Strangest one I see on Facebook are on the 'For Sale' posts.

People put a 'For Sale' post on there, and some cunt will comment "PM Me".

Never exact understood what exactly this means. It comes across like ringing up an ad in AutoTrader and saying "Ring me" before hanging up.

Never exact understood what exactly this means. It comes across like ringing up an ad in AutoTrader and saying "Ring me" before hanging up.

How about the spammy emoticon 'reaction' voting polls that dominate newsfeeds nowadays... Utter shit.

Who is the biggest cunt?
Like - Wenger
Love - Mourinho
Wow - Trump
Angry - Sol Campbell
Sad - Robbie Savage
Angry - George Galloway

PM me and i'll explain it!
:gallashmm::kanehand::llorishuh:

Haha, that's made me laugh. Messaging about being messaged.
Tis the modern world. The other day me and my missus were going to watch Trainspotting 2 at the cinema, in order to get in it seemed someone had to take a picture of her phone with this barcode on it which was our ticket, so there we were with this guy taking a picture of a phone with his phone...I thought what a strange world we live in.

Anyway...on the topic of the lad in question...from listening to him and seeing him, I'd just say never mind whether he has a diagnosable condition or not, there's some people who are a bit odd/eccentric, and you just think "he's harmless" and leave them alone, I'd say he fits into that category. Who gives a fuck? He loves Spurs and he ain't harming anyone. OK so if you're at the game next to him by all means have a friendly word.

Someone has written in to F365 about SpurredOn.

An insight into the corporate version
I would just like to say as well what a fantastic article you had on Fan Tv channels yesterday on your website, it was a great read and really explained the problems with fan channels being run by agencies with a only one motive.

As a 24-year-old Spurs fan and season-ticket holder of 9 years, I took a very keen interest in the SpurredOn youtube channel as I was excited that our club would have a voice for the fans by the fans. As I quickly discovered however, was such a lack of authenticity and substance to the channel and the content so cringe worthy that I could not bare to watch any of their videos. it did not surprise at all to find out that they were backed by a media agency, as the channel seemed completely out of touch with what Spurs fans are like and what we want to see and often sat there thinking that I could easily do a better job than what they do (my brother and I were also considering starting our Own channel before SpurredOn appeared).

Now as you may have noticed SpurredOn have stopped making youtube videos, in fact they have not uploaded one since November. This is because the channel was getting such low views that the people running the channel decided to move on to other things, however there is still a channel with 20,000 subscribers sitting there doing nothing. So my brother and I took the liberty to message Barnaby Slater (The former Producer and and presenter of SpurredOn, now produces the football Republic youtube channel), on twitter as I wanted to know what was happening with the channel and even to discuss the possibility of getting involved with making content for the channel or even taking it over. To our surprise Barnaby was very keen to meet us in person so he invited us to the Freemantle office in Tottenham Court Road to discuss the various possibilities. So we went to meet him and the basic points of the meeting were this:

There is no one running the channel, they would be happy to give us access to the channel to make content, Any money the channel makes we will not see, this is because so much money has already been invested with 0 return that anything the channel makes will be taken to cut losses.

Because of what Woolwich fan Tv had become, SpurredOn actively did not show any fan cams that were too reactionary or kneejerk, as to prevent making our fan base a mockery.

We would not be allowed to say the Y-word on the channel as the agencies don’t want to cause any controversy and by the same token any word worse then F**k would be censored. I had a problem with this as I felt for a true authentic Spurs channel then we would need to be allowed to say the word as it is parts of Spurs’s identity.

The people presenting the channel beforehand (Apart from Barnaby) were not real football people (I know I sound like a PFM!!) and were on the channel to grow their own brand and not necessarily to give a voice to Spurs fans.

We were told that our best hope for the channel to be successful is if Spurs start doing badly, as there might be some angry Spurs fans to show.

Now my brother and I see this as an opportunity, we want to make a real authentic Fan channel with two season ticket holders who go to the majority of games home and away and we feel we can be a real voice for the fans but we have a decision to make, do we start our own channel and struggle trying to get noticed, or do we join fremantle and take over SpurredOn and start with 20,000 but not have full control over the channel and its content.

One last point I would make is I understand that when people try to monetize things people get accused of doing everything for profits, while that is a valid point, I think we demonise people to easily when money is their motivation. It is true that in this field your primary goal should not be to maximise profits I also think that anyone trying to make some money from it can’t be painted under the same brush as the media agencies or corporate overlords. A lot of the fan channels are decent hard working football fans who just want to have fun make a channel and get some money from it as well.

Anyway sorry this mail is so long but I thought it would be a decent insight into the behind the scenes of these channels.
Simeon (Skim) Daniel

Haha, YouTube comments sections are a minefield. Some of the funniest, weirdest, most disturbing, irrelevant comments to are be found on there - no idea why.
It's very dark at times, even worse then it is on all other social networks. I do this for a living and i only ever have to block and remove comments on one of our youtube channels. There are a lot of sick puppies out of there

Now on topic, can't see why we shouldn't be able to mock him though. Loves the club, sings his heart out and all, which is great, but than he vlogs the game and as such he has set himself up for praise and ridicule equally.
If you decide to put your 'creations' to the test in the public eye, than this is what you chose for. It's not like these are the early days of youtube or social networks anymore, everyone knows what's coming when you decide to start this kind of endeavor. He might be a bit slow (i doubt that) but he surely has a few social skills that need working on. But hey, if this is his thing let him do it but who amongst us hasnt laughed at a vid of people making a fool of themselves ? And it's just what he's doing in the eyes of some/many people, up to him to see if he cares about that. Fair play if he doesn't btw, conformity is a pest.

How about the spammy emoticon 'reaction' voting polls that dominate newsfeeds nowadays... Utter shit.

Who is the biggest cunt?
Like - Wenger
Love - Mourinho
Wow - Trump
Angry - Sol Campbell
Sad - Robbie Savage
Angry - George Galloway

I refuse to use those reactions only any post. What a load of shit

PM me and i'll explain it!
:gallashmm::kanehand::llorishuh:

Like this - is this council house lexicon now?

Untitled.png

Now my brother and I see this as an opportunity, we want to make a real authentic Fan channel with two season ticket holders who go to the majority of games home and away and we feel we can be a real voice for the fans but we have a decision to make, do we start our own channel and struggle trying to get noticed, or do we join fremantle and take over SpurredOn and start with 20,000 but not have full control over the channel and its content.
First of all that is fucking brilliant news to hear the channel failed!! It has restored my faith in Spurs fans, it's what makes us different, celebrate that folks. There are loads of City's and Utd's only one Hotspur!

What I still don't fully understand is the urge for someone (the bloke who has written in) to be compelled to do one. The fella says he wants to make an "authentic fan channel". What is authentic about a fan channel?

FWIW I thought that the Barnaby fella wasn't too bad, I like the fact he acknowledged not trying to go full WoolwichFanTV. That other bloke however, Mitch(??) was an utter cunt and a complete embarrassment, one week wearing a Man U shirt the next Spurs. He shoved a mic in my face as I left a game at Carrow Road, wanted so much to deck him.

Anyway...on the topic of the lad in question...from listening to him and seeing him, I'd just say never mind whether he has a diagnosable condition or not, there's some people who are a bit odd/eccentric, and you just think "he's harmless" and leave them alone, I'd say he fits into that category. Who gives a fuck? He loves Spurs and he ain't harming anyone. OK so if you're at the game next to him by all means have a friendly word.

You're just too nice and sensible for this forum!

But yes, the guy is Spurs, and as such we should embrace and welcome his support... it's just there's ways of supporting the team other than gurning into your mobile phone and telling the world about it!

I think he'd be much better suited singing his heart out ('cos he can clearly do that) and not worrying about who's watching... after all, that's one of the rare pleasures of going to a game...
sing like you don't give a fuck...!!

The old adage of 'sing/dance like no one's watching' is never less relevant for todays' generation of Vloggers... 'cos you want people to watch... and as such, they're gonna form an opinion that you may, or may not like!

Thing I love most (is being a Yid) ...but the other thing I love most about matchdays, is that you can sing, shout, swear (within reason) along with 30,000+ other like minded fans, all with the same purpose in mind... to help inspire the team onto greater glories with our support....
...not
do it just to generate some 'Likes' on Facetwat or YouTool!

Problem with that approach is that fans would see it from the perspective that their filming is a way of sticking it to the big business and the money that permeates modern football. Don't think it'd work. Much better off appealing to people's individual privacy.
How about a sniper on the roof to shoot the worst offenders?

How about a sniper on the roof to shoot the worst offenders?
I think all you'd need was some guy online, generating an exorbitant number of 'THUMBS-DOWN/DISLIKES' ...that would hit them where it hurts, and be WAY more painful than a mere snipers' bullet!!

I think all you'd need was some guy online, generating an exorbitant number of 'THUMBS-DOWN/DISLIKES' ...that would hit them where it hurts, and be WAY more painful than a mere snipers' bullet!!
Yeah, if only we had some way of meeting and organising a number of people to do this together...

First of all that is fucking brilliant news to hear the channel failed!! It has restored my faith in Spurs fans, it's what makes us different, celebrate that folks. There are loads of City's and Utd's only one Hotspur!

What I still don't fully understand is the urge for someone (the bloke who has written in) to be compelled to do one. The fella says he wants to make an "authentic fan channel". What is authentic about a fan channel?

FWIW I thought that the Barnaby fella wasn't too bad, I like the fact he acknowledged not trying to go full WoolwichFanTV. That other bloke however, Mitch(??) was an utter cunt and a complete embarrassment, one week wearing a Man U shirt the next Spurs. He shoved a mic in my face as I left a game at Carrow Road, wanted so much to deck him.

They also had Emma Storey on as well, she's a proper yid.

However yes I'm glad it failed. Clearly there are some that feel the need to put their faces out there and want to go around with a camera getting their own as well as other fans voices onto YouTube.

He shoved a mic in my face as I left a game at Carrow Road, wanted so much to deck him.

I had someone from Nuts TV interview me before a game at the Lane once (Bolton?). They asked me about Chelsea. For some reason i cannot fathom to this day, they never used the piece despite the cameraman whispering to me 'great answers'! Strange.

:sonhmm:

They also had Emma Storey on as well, she's a proper yid.

However yes I'm glad it failed. Clearly there are some that feel the need to put their faces out there and want to go around with a camera getting their own as well as other fans voices onto YouTube.
A "proper Yid" who once tweeted that she wanted Woolwich and Chelsea to win in Europe as they're English clubs.

Back
Top Bottom