The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston "not famous anymore" Villa

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not pretty but good last 20 minutes and solid enough over the 90. Much better with the change of tactics when Janssen went off, but I still wont blame him. Could have been the same if we took Son off for Alli to be fair.

Big difference between our second string and Liverpool and arsenals. Depth of squad is very impressive

Alli sub changed the game, N'Koudou sub allowed us to take advantage.

Pochettino got them spot on. Onomah coming on was nice for him to get more experience and nearly repaid the faith with an assist at the end.

well that was a first for me for the first time in ages .... watching a home game live on the Beeb, from my sick bed. Did what we had to do to win the tie, avoid a replay and we're in the hat for the the next round. Not the most exciting of games, especially the first half, but it takes two teams to make a game and Villa came to frustrate us. Vincent didn't help his cause, but love GK, hope he gets a few more chances. Job done.

Did anyone else pick up on the commentary at the start: ' the new stadium looming over the park lane end'
Nobody corrected him.

well that was a first for me for the first time in ages .... watching a home game live on the Beeb, from my sick bed. Did what we had to do to win the tie, avoid a replay and we're in the hat for the the next round. Not the most exciting of games, especially the first half, but it takes two teams to make a game and Villa came to frustrate us. Vincent didn't help his cause, but love GK, hope he gets a few more chances. Job done.

Your sick bed, hope you perk up Mrs P.

Really, really sick at the moment. Some mad fucking virus that have had about 3 times on and off for the last 3 months. Can't shake the fucking thing.
Lamping it, and stink like a West Ham fan

Has to be said things rapidly improved when Vinnie got canned, hopefully we get a soft 4th round draw otherwise chances are running out fast for him.
I'm still not expecting anything this season... it's taken Sissoko half a season to turn up and he's played here for years... still, it's not very encouraging.

Back
Top Bottom