January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not overly fussed about him and whilst his contract expires 30.06.2017 he will be looking for a fecking huge signing-on fee... Little bugger has shown he is stubborn so bet he will hold out for £12-£15M. Is he worth it at that? Perhaps sign him on a pre-contract now (that's allowed right?) and make it performance based... Train him up, give him a run and if it doesn't work out sell him on for £15M. We would obvs need to grab him for £10m or < for it to be worth it!

My point wasn't necessarily focussed on us signing him at this point to be honest - more on the missed chance when he was in his pomp and we could have done with him. Wouldn't be surprised to see West Ham sign him for WBA last chance of a relative fee this Jan

Fuck it, cheeky bid time. Piss Everton off again....

Morgan Schneiderlin and Memphis Depay are allowed to leave Old Trafford for the right price, according to Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho.

Reports on Friday suggested that Schneiderlin was set for a medical at Everton after agreeing personal terms but it was understood that a fee was yet to be agreed.

While Memphis Depay is also reportedly interesting the Toffees boss Ronald Koeman with the Red Devils’ £20million price tag putting off the Merseysiders.

Neither player will be allowed to leave on loan as Mourinho has previously discussed but he admitted on Friday that they will be let go for the right fee.

“I will allow them to leave the club if the right offer comes,” Mourinho told a press conference on Friday.

“I don’t think about them as options in this moment. In normal conditions they would be selected for the match tomorrow, and they aren’t, because we are waiting.

“A couple of weeks ago it looked like 100 per cent, and in this moment, looks like zero per cent because we don’t have any offer that is close to the quality that they have.”

Meanwhile, Mourinho is looking forward to their FA Cup clash against Reading this weekend but is keen to avoid a replay.

“The week is good if we win, in the FA Cup, I think we don’t need to have a replay, that wouldn’t be good for us,” Mourinho added.

“The six straight Premier League victories are important because we lost so many points, we got 18 in short period of time and that’s important.

“It’s a busy time for us but we are in a good situation.”

Apparently in for Fiorentina's Bernadeschi, looked really good when we played the last season

I just don't see the need for another winger. We don't play with them anyways. Unless Bernadeschi is good defensively and can play wingback?

I think the only position I would upgrade is striker, but we know that's not going to happen. Janssen deserves more time.

Tottenham are looking at Fiorentina’s £40m-rated winger Federico Bernardeschi. (Evening Standard)

Who?

I don't think we need another striker, we need to stick with Janssen.

The one player we could do with adding is another CAM/creative midfielder, someone to give Eriksen a bit of competition.

That also doesn't mean I want rid of Eriksen, he's very much an important member of the team, a bit of healthy competition might push him on further for consistency.

Fuck it, cheeky bid time. Piss Everton off again....

Morgan Schneiderlin and Memphis Depay are allowed to leave Old Trafford for the right price, according to Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho.

Reports on Friday suggested that Schneiderlin was set for a medical at Everton after agreeing personal terms but it was understood that a fee was yet to be agreed.

While Memphis Depay is also reportedly interesting the Toffees boss Ronald Koeman with the Red Devils’ £20million price tag putting off the Merseysiders.

Neither player will be allowed to leave on loan as Mourinho has previously discussed but he admitted on Friday that they will be let go for the right fee.

“I will allow them to leave the club if the right offer comes,” Mourinho told a press conference on Friday.

“I don’t think about them as options in this moment. In normal conditions they would be selected for the match tomorrow, and they aren’t, because we are waiting.

“A couple of weeks ago it looked like 100 per cent, and in this moment, looks like zero per cent because we don’t have any offer that is close to the quality that they have.”

Meanwhile, Mourinho is looking forward to their FA Cup clash against Reading this weekend but is keen to avoid a replay.

“The week is good if we win, in the FA Cup, I think we don’t need to have a replay, that wouldn’t be good for us,” Mourinho added.

“The six straight Premier League victories are important because we lost so many points, we got 18 in short period of time and that’s important.

“It’s a busy time for us but we are in a good situation.”
I would offer 25 million for Memphis in a heartbeat. I don't think MUFC are dumb enough to take it though. They need him out of England, so he can't hurt them in it.

Pisses me off we aren't going in for Schenierderlin ( however you write it), Makes perfect sense to me. It's the type of transfer that could put us closer to winning the premier league title
I am not sure he adds that much to us now. We have Dier, Wanyama and Dembele. Is he better than those 3? I don't think he is. And I don't think I want him blocking Winks from getting minutes, either, as our Winksy looks really special.

Pisses me off we aren't going in for Schenierderlin ( however you write it), Makes perfect sense to me. It's the type of transfer that could put us closer to winning the premier league title
Surely he'd be behind Dier and Wanyama though...?

If Wanyama hadn't turned out to be as good as he's been, I'd agree, but surely Schneiderlin wouldn't want to come here to spend more time on the bench?

I would offer 25 million for Memphis in a heartbeat. I don't think MUFC are dumb enough to take it though. They need him out of England, so he can't hurt them in it.
Would totally take Memphis, so long as he came here knowing he'd have to work his bollocks off.

If people thought Zaha was fucked around at United, I reckon Depay would be the same and then some.
Only chance we'd have at getting him would be if United really do think he's shite - they'd probably try and be cheeky cunts and start tapping up Kane/Alli too.

Would totally take Memphis, so long as he came here knowing he'd have to work his bollocks off.

If people thought Zaha was fucked around at United, I reckon Depay would be the same and then some.
Only chance we'd have at getting him would be if United really do think he's shite - they'd probably try and be cheeky cunts and start tapping up Kane/Alli too.
They might, but I don't think Harry or Dele would feel like that move. If MUFC think he's shite, then I think that says more about them than him. Before his move, everyone looked at him and thought "Nailed-On Superstar". The stuff he was showing in Holland was better than Suarez at Ajax. If he still has the hunger, I am pretty sure he still has the talent to be a really fucking big deal.

But London isn't abroad from Birmingham, so in our context it sounds more like £10m+
Not a chance. He has barely played in two years, I reckon Levy could argue it down to around £5m... but that wasn't the point in any case. Point is, they have completely fucked up and he may well leave for practically free.

They might, but I don't think Harry or Dele would feel like that move. If MUFC think he's shite, then I think that says more about them than him. Before his move, everyone looked at him and thought "Nailed-On Superstar". The stuff he was showing in Holland was better than Suarez at Ajax. If he still has the hunger, I am pretty sure he still has the talent to be a really fucking big deal.
Aside from potentially getting a very good player - I'll be honest, it'd be even more delicious to bring in Memphis and spin him into gold where United had absolutely no luck.

Would wind them up no end.

Aside from potentially getting a very good player - I'll be honest, it'd be even more delicious to bring in Memphis and spin him into gold where United had absolutely no luck.

Would wind them up no end.
Yup, it would be great. And it's even sillier since they're throwing him away in the same way they did to Pogba. And look how that's turned out. Essentially MUFC did the biggest loan deal in history with Juventus.

I don't think we need another striker, we need to stick with Janssen.

The one player we could do with adding is another CAM/creative midfielder, someone to give Eriksen a bit of competition.

That also doesn't mean I want rid of Eriksen, he's very much an important member of the team, a bit of healthy competition might push him on further for consistency.

I think now that we have Sissoko in the mix, Lamela is the guy who can play the central role if needed. Get well soon Coco!

Mourinho "sold" Mata to United though, and he's had previous for selling players to "rivals" I'm sure.

Not a chance. He has barely played in two years, I reckon Levy could argue it down to around £5m... but that wasn't the point in any case. Point is, they have completely fucked up and he may well leave for practically free.

I don't think they have fucked up.

Staying in the league is worth near £100m these days, and whilst he's getting splinters in his arse, he's not winning points for another PL team.

Back
Top Bottom