Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea <removed>s

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I live in Tottenham Hale near the tube station...when I came home after the game, my Mrs said she could hear us singing the Dele Alli song and Oh When the Spurs after the second goal from inside the flat! She's never heard any crowd noise from the stadium before- we were loud last night, and much louder than Chelsea when they beat us at Stamford Bridge.

sure you didn't just leave the tv or radio on before you want out?

Don't have Sky or a radio! I wondered if it could have been someone else's TV in the estate, but she said it was definitely the sound of crowd noise.

That is fantastic! Everyone who was at the Lane yesterday should give themselves a pat on the back. The atmosphere has been patchy this season but last night showed what a cauldron of noise it can be! As others have said on the tele you could hear the words to every song only a few other times I have heard it that loud.

That is fantastic! Everyone who was at the Lane yesterday should give themselves a pat on the back. The atmosphere has been patchy this season but last night showed what a cauldron of noise it can be! As others have said on the tele you could hear the words to every song only a few other times I have heard it that loud.
On TV it was pretty impressive, although when two sides of the stadium were half a verse apart on "We've got Alli..." it made it a big harder to follow, since neither side switched to match the other.

200.gif

Anyone got any footage of 'oh when the Spurs' right near the start.. It's the loudest i've heard for a long time..

Yes, but he was 'cleared'. :confused:
I don't like Juve, mainly down to some Italian bloke I knew well from Turin in the early 80's Marco. From a well to do family. His attitude was like a Man U fan, so arrogant. He was obsessed with them
It seemed to me that if he was the type of fan Juve had then the real Torinese would be Torino.
I had a dislike for them ever since.
Kind of like how, imo, the real mancs support Man City, until recently.

Absolutely spot on, mate. That's where I come from and like any proper human being from there, I am a Toro fan.

One day in my early teens, however, I have found out that one of my football idols, a certain Osvaldo Ardiles, was playing for an English club with very stylish colours and crest. The 1982 Le Coq Sportif centenary kit and a few other things did the rest, so I did fall in love with Spurs from then on

I have been living in UK for 14 years now, and Spurs are my club (unless they play Toro, of course; there are things that cannot be changed).
I am not a regular at the Lane (I must have been there not more than 20 times) but my first game was the 0-2 loss against those Nazi vermin when Mido got sent off for elbowing, so last night's game has had a very special taste for me. I hate those cunts with effortless passion (I used to even when I was living in Italy, and it;s so deep that I cannot even fully explain why).

Last night we have been immense. More than anything else, I feel that now when we play with this commitment and focus we have reached a maturity that we didn;t have last year. Yesterday we played as if we are already used to win trophies (and I am sure that we will see quite a few in the years to come), still (and even more) in our full identity. I have never been in love with this club more than now.

I rarely post here, but I read it regularly, and I want to thank everybody for the build up to the game: this thread is pure poetry, especially with regards to the general opinion about our opponents and the low lives that support them

Oh, and Erikssen has been immense last night

Last edited:
Absolutely spot on, mate. That's where I come from and like any proper human being from there, I am a Toro fan.

One day in my early teens, however, I have found out that one of my football idols, a certain Osvaldo Ardiles, was playing for an English club with very stylish colours and crest. The 1982 Le Coq Spirtif centenary kit and a few other things did the rest, so I did fall in love with Spurs from then on

I have been living in UK for 14 years now, and I Spurs are my club (unless they play Toro, of course; there are things that cannot be changed).
I am not a regular at the Lane (I must have been there not more than 20 times) but my first game was the 0-2 loss against those Nazi vermin when Mido got sent off for elbowing, so last night's game has had a very special taste for me. I hate those cunts with effortless passion (I used to even when I was living in Italy, and it;s so deep that I cannot even fully explain why).

Last night we have been immense. More than anything else, I feel that now when we play with this commitment and focus we have reached a maturity that we didn;t have last year. Yesterday we played as if we are already used to win trophies (and I am sure that we will see quite a few in the years to come), still (and even more) in our full identity. I have never been in love with this club more than now.

I rarely post here, but I read it regularly, and I want to thank everybody for the build up to the game: this thread ispure poetry, especially with regards to the general opinion about our opponents and the low lives that support them

Oh, and Erikssen has been immense last night
Great post mate : )

http://Woolwich-mania.com/forum/threads/premier-league-2016-17-matchday-20.29794/page-19

obviously replace woolwich with arsénal in the url... but boy boy start reading from page 19.
Identity crisis in full swing. Some cheering our goals. some baffled as to why they're cheering.

Debating who from us they'd like to have and who has the most punchable face. Giving more platitudes to us and Poch than you'd expect "best left back after Marcelo" one said..... Btw I'm only up to the 2nd Dele goal.

You can see the conflict in their words. glorious.
I'm to the part where they are now debating if they could play 3 at the back and what their formation would be
:dembelelol:

Swung by briefly as I thought last night's performance deserves congratulations. Great win.

As has the added benefit of blowing the title race wide open, just in time for our late surge.

Back
Top Bottom