***THE MIGHTY TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR V BRAIN LEVERKUSEN ****

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spurs are the team that can beat City convincingly and then go on a run like this. They are also the team that can be on a run like this and then smash that horrific club down the road. Which is why I can't give up hope, is why I know we can do it and is why I bloody love them. COYS.

If my description of Sissoko is "interesting" & your curiosity involves querying whether I would say the same thing about a "white guy" then I'd be happy to hear why you weren't laying down a race issue. It's fucking obvious where you were going with that & I wasn't the only person to notice it. From memory Jayc1 Jayc1 made a comment & he's the last person who'd bring race into any conversation about Spurs. Now wind in your neck boat boy. I couldn't give a shit about you or your family. But don't come on here being a cunt & then pretending it was part of some social experiment.
The reason I asked is that I believe more black players than white players are described using such dehumanising language. I believe it's to do with habitual collocation rather than conscious racism. That's my position. There's not secret and there's no trolling intent.

So that's 0 wins in 7, with one goal from open play. Add to that our shocking form at the end of last season and it starts feeling really uncomfortable. I'm wondering how long until :bow:Levy:bow: starts to sharpen his knives

Tbh watching it live I really didn't think Sissoko was that bad. Defensively we looked very naive and made numerous bone head mistakes. In an attacking sense we didn't do enough to get anything from it.

Agree Sissoko wasn't that bad - people around me moaning when he sliced it wide.....completely missing that he'd 100% made the chance for himself

Son has lost his spark since the last International break, just not chasing down any balls now.

We need to play our strongest team on Sunday, no worrying about injuries imo:

Lloris
Walker Alderweireld Vertonghen Rose
Wanyama Dembele
Lamela Eriksen (In his right position!!) Alli (In the position where he scored all his goals last season!!)
Kane

The reason I asked is that I believe more black players than white players are described using such dehumanising language. I believe it's to do with habitual collocation rather than conscious racism. That's my position. There's not secret and there's no trolling intent.
That's your problem, & for you to deal with. What is dehumanising about calling someone (whatever the colour of their skin) a "physical specimen"? It's admiration, not racism.
If you don't see that all footballers are (compared to us) are physical specimens on a pitch, & some happen to look even more physically superior than others (regardless of skin tone) then you can take your habitual co location theory & put it in the same place as your conscious racism. Neither of them have any place on here Rick. I'm actually stunned that you would lay down an overtly provocative comment then crawl back up your own arse trying to justify it. Several times. You called me out & asked me if I'd call a white person a physical specimen. Yes. I would. So what difference does it make that the player I'm talking about (because he is playing like shit) happens to be a black man? I don't get it.

Realistically we could lose 3-0 to Woolwich, and find ourselves 6th going into the international break.

Come back and lose to West Ham and we could be 9th, before we play Monaco.

Lose/draw at Monaco and we're out of the CL.

Then we play Chelsea, a game we find impossible to win.

It can get far, far worse. This could easily turn into a full slump/season over.
... and I could come home and find my wife getting banged by the old guy next door

Because even he can't believe he's £30mil down for that.

Pretty sure Sissoko wasn't the problem tonight.

Also, the amount if times the Sissoko transfer fee is brought up is weird. We get it, Levy overpaid for a guy that Poch (supposedly) wanted. This isn't a cap system.

Pretty sure Sissoko wasn't the problem tonight.

Also, the amount if times the Sissoko transfer fee is brought up is weird. We get it, Levy overpaid for a guy that Poch (supposedly) wanted. This isn't a cap system.

To be fair I agree. Sissoko wasn't the complete disaster a lot are saying. I just still really want more from him, because I belive it's there.

Got in late so have just finished watching it.

Extraordinary performance from Spurs, confidence vanished, form absent all over the park; simply awful.

Qualification still possible though, just the 6 points required.

Piece of piss imo.

Back
Top Bottom