Bayer Leverkusen v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Odd game. Wanyama was suicidal in possession in the second half (but a unit in defence) and the passing was very loose in general. We definitely missed a calm head second half.

Glad with a point after all that.

Last edited:
We have injuries " mounting up" according to Gray Lineker in he's opening BT spill (he really is a twat). So things can only get even better then.

When we are good, we are very, very good. When we are poor, were not too bad?

I am exhuasted after that! If I was neutral I'm guessing that was a good game.

Fair play to Leverkusen, they were very impressive in the 2nd half.

Welcome back Hugo! Our back 4 this evening were superb!! Wanyama also brilliant. Alli and Son very disapointing, Eriksen found it hard to get involved, not poor but perhaps he is more effective deeper. Jansen I still really like and think he should have remained on the pitch, Son should have come off.

Have yet to see a replay, but I thought the goal wasn't offside, Jansen was off in first phase but didn't touch it, I thought he then came back onside when son played the ball.

Anyway, take that point. WE ARE HARD FUCKERS!
The flag goes up when Son touches the ball.
I agree with Son off and Janssen on bit. Our game changed once Janssen went off.

Screen_Shot_2016_10_18_at_22_36_57.png

As much as our second half performance wasn't great, I think the sub Leverkusen made at HT was a big difference maker. He began to steady their midfield and really stopped us playing.

Thought we did well to hold onto a point there. There were a few decent counter attacking chances towards the end that fizzled out which was a little frustrating, but other than that, I think you've got to be happy. Just got to work and, as I spent 90 minutes glued to my smartphone screen I have legitimately lost my vision beyond 1ft. I feel I've got googly muppet eyes.

Back
Top Bottom