Middlesbrough away - 24/9

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

FWIW Boro fans have been saying Negredo is shit, Jordan Rhodes is their only real chance of a player leading the line for them and they pretty much expect to relegated based on performances so far.
I remember when we were in for him and Soldado, and was disappointed (on reputation alone) that Citeh got him. He started well there but must have cursed a Gypsy or something, as he really seems to have gone totally Soldado since then.

Reckon Dier, Dembele and Rose will be rested. We have Waynama, Sissoko and either Davies or Verts for cover so it's not the end of the world.

I would rather we not risk injury having CSK Moscow coming up.

I've concern over today's game. The concern coming from years and years of under performance against this shit house mob. The gulf between them and us has always been there, but we always seemed to roll over to them away from home.

Must be the cold biting wind in August type atmospherics. I remember going up there under Jol and needing the win for Europe and taking a 1-0 defeat or under Ramos when we rolled over 2-1 & that score was so so generous to us that day.

I am hopeful that class will show, but with Tuesday on our minds and City next week this could be a problem. Hope not. Really hope not.

I'm in Middlesbrough now, where's everyone meeting up?

Edit - £1.75 a pint in Bar Cuda.

Last edited:
Wouldn't be surprised to see Sissoko and Wanyama as the starting holding midfielders after Dembele and Dier both went off against Sunderland. Also feels like an Onomah appearance at some point as well - really curious how much Poch rests the squad for the Tuesday match.

I've concern over today's game. The concern coming from years and years of under performance against this shit house mob. The gulf between them and us has always been there, but we always seemed to roll over to them away from home.

Must be the cold biting wind in August type atmospherics. I remember going up there under Jol and needing the win for Europe and taking a 1-0 defeat or under Ramos when we rolled over 2-1 & that score was so so generous to us that day.

I am hopeful that class will show, but with Tuesday on our minds and City next week this could be a problem. Hope not. Really hope not.
Bad runs like ours at boro often come to an end after a gap due to relegation. We had not won at St Mary's until Southampton came back up. I also think we had a bad run many years ago to MC but that ended when they came back up. These players have never played there and will not care unlike bad runs against teams they played the previous year, like not winning at Stamford Bridge.

#THFC team: Lloris (C); Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies; Wanyama, Alli; Sissoko, Eriksen, Son; Janssen. #COYS

Subs: Vorm, Carter-Vickers, Trippier, Wimmer, Winks, Nkoudou, Lamela.

Back
Top Bottom