Stoke City v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Stoke are in trouble.. Their biggest asset was the cheating and bending of the rules at corners/free kicks etc.. Now that has been addressed they literally have nothing.

They'll be ok...unfortunately.

They basically have an entire new XI. Once they have time to gel they'll cause some problems for teams.

City and United playing each other so its a good opportunity to gain some ground back on them.

I've got a feeling Son will start with Sissoko and Lamela being away for internationals midweek. Pace and directness could cause Stoke problems.

Lloris
Walker Alderweireld Vertonghen Davies
Wanyama Dier
Son Dele Eriksen
Kane

Vorm Trippier Sissoko Nkoudou Lamela Janssen Onomah.

Called it. Great 2nd half once we got going, Yids.

Son, Lamela, Eriksen or Alli?

Which do you drop?

Lamela has a goal and an assist and looks great.
Son has 2 goals
Eriksen has 2 assists
Ali looked on form and has a goal

Hard call. Could possibly play all 4 with Alli in CM, but then you leave out Dembele.

Good problem to have. Up until today I'd have benched both Dele and Chris before Lamela but now I'm not so sure. That international for Argentina might haunt him for a while now (in terms of Son getting starts ahead of him). We also have Sissoko raring to go, as well as N'Koudou. Good times!

QSG8pKJ6cqQ36.gif

Good problem to have. Up until today I'd have benched both Dele and Chris before Lamela but now I'm not so sure. That international for Argentina might haunt him for a while now (in terms of Son getting starts ahead of him). We also have Sissoko raring to go, as well as N'Koudou. Good times!
Lamela has too much quality. It was evident when he came on even though we were in control. He's one of our best - I do not think he has anything to worry about. One of the first names on the team sheet for me

Watching the second half again. Why were they calling for a second yellow on wanyama? He got nutmegged and then just stood his ground. He didn't step off the line, imbula just ran straight into him? Fucken dumb cunts

I think we look better with one DF in midfield . A scrappy first half but the better team and in the second the first showing of flowing football this season . Defensively nearly perfect , Eriksen coming back to form , Ali sharper but should have at least 2 , Son best game ever , Lamela coming on and looking sharp . Kane scoring and hopefully some of his swagger will return .
With Dembele back ( our most influential player ) and a stronger squad we should kick on .
I will raise a glass to all , of a wonderful Suffolk Adnams Rye IPA with my Sunday lunch ( crispy belly pork ) .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom