Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

First of all, when you net it all out it was a good window.
There are 3 things that just look like mistakes, 2 of them things we did and 1 thing we didn't do.

1. Selling Ryan Mason when we have so many games of different kinds to play, from League Cup to Champions League. He could easily have started 15 games and done a good job in them if he had stayed.
2. The fee for Sissoko is just ridiculous for the player he is and where our squad is at. He is not going to be a first team starter ahead of any out of Dembele, Dier and Wanyama. So he is looking at League and FA cup games and minutes off the bench here and there. Within 3 months he will be bitching and looking for a move.
3. The thing we didn't do ... bring in someone who can challenge Eriksen. That is where the Sissoko money (fee and wages, which are probably stupid) should have gone.

There are 3 things that just look like mistakes, 2 of them things we did and 1 thing we didn't do.

1. Selling Ryan Mason when we have so many games of different kinds to play, from League Cup to Champions League. He could easily have started 15 games and done a good job in them if he had stayed.
2. The fee for Sissoko is just ridiculous for the player he is and where our squad is at. He is not going to be a first team starter ahead of any out of Dembele, Dier and Wanyama. So he is looking at League and FA cup games and minutes off the bench here and there. Within 3 months he will be bitching and looking for a move.
3. The thing we didn't do ... bring in someone who can challenge Eriksen. That is where the Sissoko money (fee and wages, which are probably stupid) should have gone.

I think Sissoko could challenge Eriksen or anyone in midfield. Can't do any fucking worse than they have in the first few games

To be honest, I would prefer to keep Chadli than spending 30m on Sissoko. I'm not too sure if he is even considered as a attacking midfielder. He doesn't even score more than the inconsistent Chadli.

On your third point, i think they really went for Isco but the player himself doesnt want to come to England i think

Squad looks stronger after yesterday both physically and wholistically. We've bought 2 players who have athleticism and energy and take players on.

I for 1, am excited.

It says Sissoko played 133 times for Newcastle in 3.5 years. This means he did not miss many matches. However only 12 goals is not a good return. 44caps for a big International team is not bad either.

I think all this Sissoko-bashing is just people jumping on the bandwagon. He's a really good player.

Yes he was in a relegated team but so was Wijnaldum, who is quality, and went to Liverpool for £5 million less, so was Scott Parker who was Player of the Year in the season West Ham went down.

He's a regular for one of the best national teams in the world, is versatile as fuck and along with Nkoudou gives us DESPERATELY needed pace.

For those saying we've just signed bench warmers I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. As said before Eriksen and Alli are very much droppable on current form and they will have to be on top form to keep Sissoko and Nkoudou out of the team.

I think they'll both make very strong claims for the first-team very soon.

I think all this Sissoko-bashing is just people jumping on the bandwagon. He's a really good player.

Yes he was in a relegated team but so was Wijnaldum, who is quality, and went to Liverpool for £5 million less, so was Scott Parker who was Player of the Year in the season West Ham went down.

He's a regular for one of the best national teams in the world, is versatile as fuck and along with Nkoudou gives us DESPERATELY needed pace.

For those saying we've just signed bench warmers I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. As said before Eriksen and Alli are very much droppable on current form and they will have to be on top form to keep Sissoko and Nkoudou out of the team.

I think they'll both make very strong claims for the first-team very soon.
I honestly think Sissoko will be awesome! I like to think he didn't want to be at Newcastle anymore and his body language/off performances reflected that! Hopefully under Poch and Lloris as captain we get the best out of him, he clearly has the talent! I think the media plays a big part in hyping up the attitude! Believe only half of what you see and nothing that you hear!!!
Here's to hoping anyway! haha

I also think the idea that he was a panic buy is ludicrous.

He was obviously a Pochettino target and Levy was just trying to get Newcastle to budge on price. He knew we were willing to pay £30 mil but thought he could get a few shaved off if he waited till deadline day.

Newcastle held firm so he payed up and backed his manager. Simply spending big on deadline day doesn't necessarily make a purchase a panic buy.

Marcus Alonso on the other hand...

I must admit this time yesterday I thought the squad was being left very threadbare with the sales of mason and chadli.

But overall poch has brought in players in exactly the areas I believed needed strengthening at the end of last season.

I openly admit to not knowing anything about just how good the players are that we have brought in as i only follow the form of spurs players but if they can fit in and be improved by our manager then all bodes well

Defensively we remain strong, with great back up in every position, handy to have players like dier and Davies who can play more than one position and our midfield now has genuine competition for places, eriksen and alli now have to prove they are good enough for a starting place.

And a year on we have attacking alternatives which will take pressure off Kane.

'Man of the match - Moussa Sissoko (Newcastle)
The Newcastle skipper was a phenomenal force in midfield - he provided an assist, won the penalty and could have scored two more'
A quote from the match report on BBC web page for Newcastle's last match of the season when they beat us in a match that had no meaning to them.

Hahaha Merson throwing his toys out of the pram.

Suck it you cuntnugget :dembelefingers:
Paul Merson is a hypocrite. We wanted to sign his son. Agreed a deal, spoke to the player and sent through contract to him for him to sign.
His piss head dad talked him out of it and persuaded him to sign for someone else.

He's a cunt

Back
Top Bottom