Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Palace was a bingo hall wasn't it - I think is now a god gaff - and the place that was Ritzy's was a music venue. Lot of reggae band played there.
An uncle of mine had a club around the corner from the old bill station in the 80's too.
Websters ?? Or Eltons ?

^^^ ooooh, that's fucking Magic that is... Floodlit... Misty... grainy... sepia... memories... wonderful!
It kinda puts me in mind of this; Ladies & Gentlemen, take it away, Miss Barbara Streisand...

Memories... light the corners of my mind
Misty water-colored memories, of the way we were

Scattered pictures, of the smiles we left behind
Smiles we gave to one another, for the way we were.

Can it be that it was all so simple then...
Or has time rewritten every line
If we had the chance to do it all again, tell me, would we, could we...?

Memories, may be beautiful and yet
What's too painful to remember we simply choose to forget
So it's the laughter... we will remember
Whenever we remember... the way we were.

Last edited:
It's been posted before, but fuck it, this is a great watch from 1959/60 season, with 90% shot at White Hart Lane. Are you the kid making a bob or two on the bicycle protection racket towards the end?

Loved this. Made me smile to see the cameras used by the press; no coloured boots, no advertising disfiguring the lilywhite shirt, no football tourists, there were definite plusses about watching football then.
Although I didn't go to my first game until 1969, the WHL in this film is the one I remember. I can recall the feeling of being at home the minute I walked into the ground. It was only later that I could appreciate the history of the place. I now have my own personal historic memories of WHL - too many to recall here but standouts include UEFA Cup Final, 5-0 thrashing of the gooners and Inter Milan in Champions League. Hoping that our last season will surpass all those - winning the league should do that!

Phwoar.... that's a beaut Joe!
EXACTLY what this thread was about I reckon... especially as that particular iconic view has all but gawn now!

Top stuff... any idea what game it was from? (I'm guessing sometime in the mid-late '60s??)
These are all from Spurs Nostalgia @thfcnostalgia on Twitter. They/he/she reckon circa 1963. No info on game.

Websters ?? Or Eltons ?
That club is still there I think, forget what they call it now... I remember going to student night at the Ritzy several times in the 80s. (We weren't students but no one was asking). 50p for a shot plus juice if I remember right. The dj would put on a Cure record and the dancefloor flooded. Gotta love students :allitongue:

Anyway, is there a thread of the year prize on here? If so I'm voting for this one :dierpochhug:

That club is still there I think, forget what they call it now... I remember going to student night at the Ritzy several times in the 80s. (We weren't students but no one was asking). 50p for a shot plus juice if I remember right. The dj would put on a Cure record and the dancefloor flooded. Gotta love students :allitongue:

Anyway, is there a thread of the year prize on here? If so I'm voting for this one :dierpochhug:

Totally agree, this is my favourite thread, as it usually brings back so many memories. Please keep the contributions coming

Back
Top Bottom