Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've seen a lot of people commenting on how bad/thin our bench was yesterday and then claiming we need to bring in 3-4 more players. But we weren't even at full strength yesterday. When you look at our actual bench we have:

Vorm, Wimmer, Davies (or Trips), Wanyama, Mason, Son, Janssen

The only real upgrade I see happening is at Mason's spot. I just don't see where we have room for 3-4 more signings. Even with selling Chadli, Bentaleb and Yedlin. I think we'll bring in one more midfielder and call it a day.

Looks like he has improved immensely. Would be a mistake to sell him imo. Loan by all means. I think he has more potential than Trippier and is 2 yrs younger.

I like his attitude. He has improved a lot. Obviously he still has a lot to learn but considering his performances in the last world cup I think another loan would be great. We need pace, really hope N'Koudou gets done soon.

I'm happy with the squad to be honest.

Mids: We haven't had a chance to see anything of Njie so I've no problem with seeing him stay and get a run. Edwards will start to apply a little pressure on the AM slot as the season progresses and keep Dele and Erikson honest. I expect to see an improvement from Son and Lamela looks like he'll be in beast mode this year. Dier/Moussa/Wanyama is good options

Forwards: Kane / Janssen is going to be one of the best attacks in the Prem imp. Harrison to deputise... No problem there.

Defense: one of the best CM pairings in the country, Wimmer stepped in and it looked just as solid and we have a real talent in CCV coming through with minutes this year. Two competent FBs on both sides.

Where's the problem?

Pace. It's not so much a problem, more of a missing ingredient or piece of the jigsaw. Overall I agree though, I'm happy with our squad and the second half on Saturday (as soon as Janssen came on) looked like we were almost back to our level last season. I'm hoping N'Koudou will add pace and be as good and quick on the ball as the rest of the squad .

Only 2 weeks left. Will be a strange relief when it's all over!

Expecting Nkoudou... After that I dunno maybe a lovely levy surprise

Isco/Tielmiens/Bofual?

Unlikely but I can dream

Bernardo Silva. please. Would be fantastic and not cust that much
it's not a rumour, i'm just saying it :levyeyes:

he is fantastic tho :pochserious:
I read a paper report that we are considering him as a replacement for Eriksen. This is ridiculous and with the fee mentioned he should be bought and Chadli sold if Silva is any good. I cannot comment on his ability as I have not seen him play but as Chadli is out of favour and Eriksen still has no credible replacement then if Poch wants him, buy him and sell Chadli.

Cheeky bid for Fabregas?

What the actual...... I don't even know which gif / meme is the best response to this????!?!?

Maybe all?

TheShiningNotSureIfSerious_zps4767e5fb.jpg

tumblr_mkqimsIvr61ruw1vso1_500.gif

ndt-shaking-head.gif

Joffrey-gets-slapped-3.gif

Back
Top Bottom