Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we may end up with that Ryan Sessegnon from Fulham and then loan him back to Fulham for the season - seems to be growing that one.

I'd be furious if we spend money on Drinkwater
Jesus, can you imagine? Would be about 20 million for a player who probably can't function outside of Ranieri's system, what a nightmare. I still hope that Poch brings in another good CM to be Dembele's backup though, Alli could probably fill that role if necessary but it's a waste of his ability IMO.

What does everyone reckon to Drinkwater?

Sorry if this was discussed 400 pages ago but its bit of an odd one if you ask me. He's not gonna sign to be back up to Dembele...
Looks like he is in the middle of negotiating a pay rise nothing more than that. If you want a pay rise get your agent to drop a text to a reporter that his client is talking to Spurs. Give it a few days, new deal done and dusted.

Looks like he is in the middle of negotiating a pay rise nothing more than that. If you want a pay rise get your agent to drop a text to a reporter that his client is talking to Spurs. Give it a few days, new deal done and dusted.
It's like when Saul Niguez's agent claimed that Spurs had offered him a 6 year, 200,000 pound per week contract....don't know why so many agents think that's a convincing lie, it would make a lot more sense to say Liverpool or one of the Manchester clubs.

Got to be a good thing if rumours are flying so our own player gets a new contract, usually it's the opposite and where linked with players who want a pay rise elsewhere

if we sell Eriksen, i ssly hope we fucking don't do it, Levy has to buy a guy like Isco.
We should had gone for the armenian guy that Manure bought, a decent fee for his talent and would had fit us so well :dier:

It's like when Saul Niguez's agent claimed that Spurs had offered him a 6 year, 200,000 pound per week contract....don't know why so many agents think that's a convincing lie, it would make a lot more sense to say Liverpool or one of the Manchester clubs.
Frofl, I don't remember that one. Still, because of our transfer activity and turnover over the past few years we're very popular with agents trying to play magic tricks with the media and their player's club. Not all of them are ridiculous on the face as that. Even if the clubs knows better, probably few fans on the continent are aware of Levy's reputation, our salary cap, etc. and we all know that fans can lose their fucking minds in spectacular fashion and heap enormous amounts of pressure on the club; just look at how much of a broken man Wenger looks these days. Especially now after the new TV deal, clubs and agents just think English Club = World Record Fee.

But everyone knows we don't pay the wages. It's s daft ploy if his agent is associating drinkwater with us. He'll get more at (small club™) Leicester.

if we sell Eriksen, i ssly hope we fucking don't do it, Levy has to buy a guy like Isco.
We should had gone for the armenian guy that Manure bought, a decent fee for his talent and would had fit us so well :dier:
Be careful with a guy like mikhitarian!!!
He was at Dortmund for 3 seasons. He performed awfully for them in his first 2 seasons but they always backed him. And now after his first successful season he instantly left them for Europa league football with man utd.
I call that a bad character. Don't want someone like that at spurs to be honest.

We finished 3rd, kind of amazed that anyone needs that clarifying - also it's very doubtful that ppl we pay thousands of pounds a week can't handle more than 1 negotiation at once
Don't mind him. If we win the title he'll say we staved off relegation. A veritable ray of sunshine.

Equipe saying we are after Jean Kevin Augustine from psg. Looks like a great prospect and very versatile from am/ winger to striker. Seems to have a nice shot.

Edit: he is only 19 years old. Remember the last guy we singed at that age :)

The highest rated youngster in the game. Won't be happening.
I don't see why not? He isn't a proven world class player. A certain young Danish midfielder was touted as the best young talent going around and had numerous games in the Champions League under his belt. We managed to sign him....
This kid looks fantastic but he also doesn't play in a big League like a Pogba, so there is always a little doubt.

Back
Top Bottom