Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Living in Leicester, I've certainly had to endure any cuntiness...

But before a ball has even been kicked this season, their title-winning side is being picked apart and it's pretty obvious they'll drift into irrelevancy astoundingly quickly.

So forgive me, but I struggle to hate them more than Chelsea or United spunking money up the wall to obtain probable success - despite their best efforts to be utter shit last year.

Players signed

Ahmed Musa
Luis Hernandez
Nampalys Mendy
Robert Zieler
Raul Rubio
Bartosz Karpusky(in Leicester now for his medical)

Outs
Kante

Seriously doubt we will struggle, Losing Kante is a major blow, so I think we will go 4-3-3 next season

The front 3 being Vardy/ Musa(who is quicker than Vardy) plus Mahrez that will frighten a few defences.

A midfield of Mendy, Drinkwater and Demari Gray/ Amartey with the same back 4 as last season, or Hernandez coming in for Huth and maybe Chilwell coming in for Fuchs.

On paper that is very good side.

As for the title, I think you will win it, you have bought well and your young side will have learnt a hell of a lot from last season.

As for the title, I think you will win it, you have bought well and your young side will have learnt a hell of a lot from last season.
05d.jpg

Players signed

Ahmed Musa
Luis Hernandez
Nampalys Mendy
Robert Zieler
Raul Rubio

Outs
Kante

Seriously doubt we will struggle, Losing Kante is a major blow, so I think we will go 4-3-3 next season

The front 3 being Vardy/ Musa(who is quicker than Vardy) plus Mahrez that will frighten a few defences.

A midfield of Mendy, Drinkwater and Demari Gray/ Amartey with the same back 4 as last season, or Hernandez coming in for Huth and maybe Chilwell coming in for Fuchs.

On paper that is very good side.

No disrespect but that's an OK front 11 that's no stronger and arguably weaker than last seasons that massively overachieved with no injuries and nothing but the premier league to focus on.

You've got CL to worry about this season which you will have to play at full strength to not get embarrassed (as we will too) and then you'll be relying on second string to see out PL games.

And all that's assuming you survive the window with Mahrez etc on the books.

Players signed

Ahmed Musa
Luis Hernandez
Nampalys Mendy
Robert Zieler
Raul Rubio
Barely heard - or not at all - of all these players.

That's a lot of additions that "aren't PL proven". If if they're all eventually successful, chances are some or most of them will struggle with the change in scenery next season, which could really hurt LCFC.

They're probably good signings for the money, and you fellas have proven that you can stitch a decent side together, but striking lightning more than once is really difficult, and especially more so when your finances are even further off of the "big teams" than we are, and any signings that work really well are going to be very vulnerable to being snapped up.

Would be happy to see Fazio land somewhere permanently. Couldn't be easy for him going to captain of Seville to the unsettled situation he found himself in here.

Just saying from what I've seen Edwards shows a lot more promise and is already at least as good as N'Koudou

N'Koudou has more talent and pace than Sterling, is more skillful than Sturridge or Wellbeck and more evasive to tackle than Rashford (though he is older, i will give you that). This kid could, just could be what Poch was looking for in Son and or Clinton but i feel can deliver at this level.

A stunning buy of it comes off.

N'Koudou has more talent and pace than Sterling, is more skillful than Sturridge or Wellbeck and more evasive to tackle than Rashford (though he is older, i will give you that). This kid could, just could be what Poch was looking for in Son and or Clinton but i feel can deliver at this level.

As if I wasn't feeling impatient enough about this transfer already.

:chadliblow:

As if I wasn't feeling impatient enough about this transfer already.

:chadliblow:

The same people said Son was lightning quick and would be amazing...How much do you think Preacher really knows about the French league?

For what it's worth, his stats are bang average and I'll compare him to Chadli for comparison.

N'Koudou 2015/2016 - 28 apps, 5 goals, 3 assists. Hardly the next Messi.

Chadli 2015/2016 - 29 apps, 3 goals, 2 assists.

So Chadli has been awful last season, almost matches this random and the random is then godly good?

His stats in the Europa League (7 apps, 4 goals, 2 assists) flatter to deceive. He scored against Slovan Liberec, FC Groningen and Braga. So a team from Czech Republic, Holland and Portugal - fair play to him for the Braga goal but the other 2? Hardly a challenge.

Don't expect much, if anything. Personally I think Njie and even Pritchard are better players and find this transfer baffling, but if Poch can get him shitting golden eggs, then by all means go for it.

Living in Leicester, I've certainly had to endure any cuntiness...

But before a ball has even been kicked this season, their title-winning side is being picked apart and it's pretty obvious they'll drift into irrelevancy astoundingly quickly.

So forgive me, but I struggle to hate them more than Chelsea or United spunking money up the wall to obtain probable success - despite their best efforts to be utter shit last year.
If it wasn't for them Woolwich would have won the league
Much rather it was leicester than the other teams around us.

The same people said Son was lightning quick and would be amazing...How much do you think Preacher really knows about the French league?.

I allowed people to get my hopes up about son. The hype on here made me think we had a great player on our hands.

I guess we all do it though.
I've only seen janssen a handful of times & I think he is going to be a very good signing.
But I'am only guessing on what little I've seen like most of us do.

tumblr_mtq7clXDuL1rikwsko1_400.gif

You don't sell used cars do you?

Preacher is the ultimate Happy Clapper.

"Gimme a hell yeh"

Back
Top Bottom