Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Interesting. Who determines the book value, if you know?
Ok i had a look at the club accounts (I know, I know, I'm on a long train journey...). The club listed intangible assets as being worth £108.5m last year. That's basically the clubs value of the playing staff. Doesn't sound like much, but the players' values are adjusted for the length of contract. So if you have a player valued at £10m on a five year deal, his book value is £10m/5 = £2m. They will also apply the principle of "prudence", meaning they will basically undercook a players value to mitigate against the risk of loss of value due to injury or loss of form. It's all accounting Mumbo jumbo to me, but sort of makes sense. The accounts don't break down each players assessed value, but the board will know.

Apologies for being OT. I'll get my coat. :(

I definitely think Gotze would improve us, he's a great little player. I just don't see us moving for him as there are probably better fits for our team. He is a truly fantastic player though, moving to Bayern was probably his undoing though.

Some of you have been asking for a special player to join our ranks.
That man could be Franco Vasquez of Palermo.
I love his languid style. So much better than Son.

Last edited:
I definitely think Gotze would improve us, he's a great little player. I just don't see us moving for him as there are probably better fits for our team. He is a truly fantastic player though, moving to Bayern was probably his undoing though.

Would be great for us but do we spunk that money just because we can? think there are a few other areas we can strengthen and improve. He's in a depression at the moment as none of PSG/Juventus/Woolwich need him anymore but they were all clamoring for him at one point so his only real options (from the teams who are actually interested in him) are Dortmund which he's probably dreading due to the fans reaction and Liverpool which is a miserable shit hole of a club with no CL.

"Won't get my hopes up" "Can't attract top players" "Can't compete" "We will buy no one good" "Don't expect us to spend £25mil+" etc. People have had the small club complex since I've been here.

That's not a small club complex at all. We likely won't spend a lot of money. We likely won't sign a lot of players. We likely won't buy many big name players. Those often aren't the players Poch likes to go for, doesn't mean people are saying we can't, it means people are saying we won't, which is likely true.

From the big timer who brought us melting moments such as this Jayc1 Jayc1 you've got a nerve...

We've lost all sense of composure.

Crowd been shit, not done anything but moan.

Game over, title over right now.

For the record, I was singing about Tottenham being the greatest team the world has ever seen a long time ago. I don't have any time for pissing and whinging.

I don't believe we shouldn't try to buy good players but just don't believe there is an appetite for silly transfer fees when players like Kante and Payet can be found. I find the whole FM / top trumps approach to player recruitment odd when there doesn't appear to be a strong correlation between "fee paid" and "performance". Just my two cents....

Back
Top Bottom