Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

am i the only one in thinking that Lukaku is a good idea? He publicly admitted he wants champions league football and I think he's 100% leaving Everton in the summer. Would be much more of a statement than Lacazette & Batshuayi, although i also wouldn't mind having either of them at Spurs.

He would be a brilliant idea. Problem being the pricing in England. We can sign British, or at least players already based in England fine, if it's up-and-coming players, but anyone already proved to be an absolute top player in the PL is most likely going to be out of our price range.

He would be a brilliant idea. Problem being the pricing in England. We can sign British, or at least players already based in England fine, if it's up-and-coming players, but anyone already proved to be an absolute top player in the PL is most likely going to be out of our price range.
But think of the Belgians :O i think £30-£35 mil would be enough to get us our man with the situation Everton are currently in. Considering the £25 mil price tags that are floating around for Batshauyi, i think it's a good idea.

But think of the Belgians :O i think £30-£35 mil would be enough to get us our man with the situation Everton are currently in. Considering the £25 mil price tags that are floating around for Batshauyi, i think it's a good idea.

I'd think Lukaku would surpass 40m. Also the 25m floated around most likely isn't a final price. Especially as Levy works, any deal for someone like Batshauyi would be a smaller fee up front, and the add-ons based on how well the player and we do. Everton will hold better cards to demand more up front than Marseille.

I'd think Lukaku would surpass 40m. Also the 25m floated around most likely isn't a final price. Especially as Levy works, any deal for someone like Batshauyi would be a smaller fee up front, and the add-ons based on how well the player and we do. Everton will hold better cards to demand more up front than Marseille.
i'd be more than happy with Bats anyway! it just depends how much of a budget Poch is given

Based on that theory we should only sign flops. A financially sound plan! Mr Levy will be very proud of you! :levywhoa:
A flop? Crickey, is there no limit to your sheer ignorance, kid?

Glad we never got rid of the flops Kane and Lamela during their early showings of utter turd

Stick to FM, son

A flop? Crickey, is there no limit to your sheer ignorance, kid?

Glad we never got rid of the flops Kane and Lamela during their early showings of utter turd

Stick to FM, son

He played 1314 minutes of league football this year in which time he managed 2 goals and 0 assists, both those goals coming in Ligue 1. In six months at Newcastle he had 3 starts and 10 sub appearances. This is a team who were fighting a relegation battle all season, and he couldn't break into our squad, yet you're trying to compare him with Lamela?

For what it's worth he averaged less than 1 tackle and interception per game last year as well.

To put it bluntly, even if Newcastle were paying us to take him, he still wouldn't be good enough for our bench.

He played 1314 minutes of league football this year in which time he managed 2 goals and 0 assists, both those goals coming in Ligue 1. In six months at Newcastle he had 3 starts and 10 sub appearances. This is a team who were fighting a relegation battle all season, and he couldn't break into our squad, yet you're trying to compare him with Lamela?

For what it's worth he averaged less than 1 tackle and interception per game last year as well.

To put it bluntly, even if Newcastle were paying us to take him, he still wouldn't be good enough for our bench.
Oh dear - player playing poorly in a relegated team - stop the press.

I'm glad you're not in charge of transfers

Oh dear - player playing poorly in a relegated team - stop the press.

I'm glad you're not in charge of transfers

This is where you show just how little you know. He wasn't playing poorly in a poor team. He was too fucking poor a player to even get in a poor team.

Do us all a favour and don't go full retard next time mate. :adethumbup:

This is where you show just how little you know. He wasn't playing poorly in a poor team. He was too fucking poor a player to even get in a poor team.
Wrong - now go play outside with your mates

Glad we never got rid of our own 'flops' based on this sound logic

He hardly got a chance at Newcastle and had good showings at Marsellie in the past

Poch has 'turned' many so called write-offs around

I was always in doubt whether you're a troll or not. Thanks for clearing that up. The formation/plan B debate and now this in a matter of days. Nobody's really that stupid :clintonohshit:

Wrong - now go play outside with your mates

Glad we never got rid of our own 'flops' based on this sound logic

You're right. Flop is the wrong word. In order to be a flop you would need to have had success elsewhere, something Thauvin has never actually had.

As for all your petty insults, I really couldn't give a fuck. If you wish to debate anything to do with the club and it's policies, I'll gladly do it, but as for your constant goading and looking for arguments, it's all gotten a little bit pathetic.

You suggested a player who is nowhere near good enough to play for us, and the second people point that out and give stats to show why he wouldn't be a great signing, you ignore it and insult them personally. You're the sort of poison this site could do without really.

You're right. Flop is the wrong word. In order to be a flop you would need to have had success elsewhere, something Thauvin has never actually had.
He was League 1 Young Player of the Year few years back - if you can't deal with debate on a football forum, then perhaps this isn't the place for you?

Back
Top Bottom