Your first Spurs game

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

First two matches...

Spurs 5-0 Burnley. :keane: got 4. I remember turning to my sister (never been back) and saying, "It won't get any better than this."

Second game...

article-1259318411703-0751D40A000005DC-967779_636x209.jpg

Away to Celtic pre season, must've been about 6 or 7 years ago now. Was in Scotland visiting some friends of my parents and it just so happened we were playing at Celtic park. Can't remember the score, Ive got a feeling we lost though.

All I do remember is that it was hammering it down, freezing cold and chanting "You fat bastard!" At home nutjob with no shirt on.

Ha, found the match report -http://www.thecelticwiki.com/page/2004-08-10%3A+Celtic+2-0+Tottenham%2C+Friendly

God our team was awful

late 60's v burnley & stood on the lower shelf with my dad & older brothers.

first game on my own was v newcastle around 1970!..then you could walk all the way round the ground..i wanted to getinto the old enclosure in the west stand but didnt want to pay the extra 5p so i told the steward on the gate i'd lost my dad &he let me in.
they used pile up ready made cups of tea on the counter ready for half time & you used help yourself,never realised you had to pay.
first away game was v qpr
& first european away trip was feyernoord uefa cup final.

Another one with Villa as the first game.

0-0 - First game of 01/02 season.
Starting 11: Sullivan, Taricco, Ziege, Doherty, Bunjevcevic, Clemence, King, Freund, Poyet, Ferdinand, Rebrov.

Crazy to think how far we've come in ten years.

Starting 11: Sullivan, Taricco, Ziege, Doherty, Bunjevcevic, Clemence, King, Freund, Poyet, Ferdinand, Rebrov.

Wow!!! this was my first game too! I remember thinking that Bunjevcevic was going to be the new Beckenbaur.

late 60's v burnley & stood on the lower shelf with my dad & older brothers.

first game on my own was v newcastle around 1970!..then you could walk all the way round the ground..i wanted to getinto the old enclosure in the west stand but didnt want to pay the extra 5p so i told the steward on the gate i'd lost my dad &he let me in.
they used pile up ready made cups of tea on the counter ready for half time & you used help yourself,never realised you had to pay.
first away game was v qpr
& first european away trip was feyernoord uefa cup final.

I would love to be able to go back in time and see the old WHL, before any of the West Stand redevelopment. I haven't seen many decent photos of how it was back then, nor in the Shelf. Maybe I should have shelled out on an Opus...

Starting line-up from my first game (1st page of thread)

Tottenham Hotspur: Walker, Edinburgh, Howells, Calderwood, Fox, Sheringham, Armstrong, Wilson, Campbell, Sinton, Dozzell

I win

:avbcringe:

Spurs 1-1 Middlesbrough, 8th April 1996. Shocking team...

My dad & uncle took me for my birthday - after 85 minutes of zzzzzzzzzzzz Chris Armstrong scored, only for Boro to equalize a minute later! We were in the Park Lane, and I remember the drum constantly banging for the whole game - must have been the atmosphere that got me back, it certainly wasn't the football!!

I would love to be able to go back in time and see the old WHL, before any of the West Stand redevelopment. I haven't seen many decent photos of how it was back then, nor in the Shelf. Maybe I should have shelled out on an Opus...

have alook here fella loads of old photo's & archive video you wont have seen anywhere else!..feck the opus!!...wonderful site

http://www.ohwhenthespurs.co.uk/

at the top are little icons,..click on "fans". when the page loads scroll down to thebottom past all the trouble on the terraces video's (come backto them later!!)&click on the enter icon right at the bottom & another page will load!..scroll & on right hand side are icons "white hart lane 60's & 80's click onthe 60's icon & a video will come of fans inthe60's...it starts with a steam train arriving at whl station...wonderful stuff that unashamedly brings tears to my eyes,

enjoy lads& ladies

Tottenham Hotspur: Walker, Edinburgh, Howells, Calderwood, Fox, Sheringham, Armstrong, Wilson, Campbell, Sinton, Dozzell

I win

I would like to submit the team from my first game, mentioned on the last page, which shows possibly the most mediocre midfield we have ever had:

Thorstvedt, Kerslake, Cuntbell, Calderwood, Edinburgh, Samways, Sedgley, Dozzell, Caskey, Anderton, Barmby.

Seeing that, not quite sure why I ever came back...

I win

I can beat that.

Walker
Carr
Cuntball
Calderwood
Wilson
Sicknote
Howells
Ruel Fox
Sinton
Allen
Teddster

Know why I win? Rory Allen scored a brace! :akabusi:

Not sure if it was 1991 or '92 but it was Everton at home I think. Was on shelf side standing with the old man and my Brother (who got me into Spurs) and had a hard time seeing anything being a wee lad and all that. We were 3-0 up at half time and drew 3-3 in the end. It was here I knew this was the pain and disappointment I wanted to endure for the rest of my life. :baletroll:

Back
Top Bottom