Your first Spurs game

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My first trip to the lane would of been either late 91 or early 92 when I was about 6 months old, to pose for a picture with the FA cup. I don't exactly remember my first game, I was about 1 and a half, all I know is I sat on my dads shoulders and at half time he went somewhere for a bit and I sat on someone else's shoulders.

M first game at the lane that I actually remember, was against Wimbledon, and I know that we lost, so I think that makes it the 2-1 loss on the 25th of February 1995 when I would of been 4. Typical that we would lose though. Think I sat in the Paxton and it was quite high up.

Michael Dawson......TIME TRAVELER!!!!!!!

Uq2P0.png

Another time traveller wearing a hoody & baseball cap in the early 60s?...
mtIio.png

I was due to see my first Tottenham game when I was holidaying in the UK (from Australia) last July.

Tottenham Membership - check
Tottenham vs. Everton tickets - check
Tottenham Riots - check
Tottenham cancellation - check

had to go to QPR v Bolton instead as I was staying in West London..

still yet to see my beloved Spurs :(

Spurs vs Forest was my first at the Lane in 1985 with my dad. After reading these other posts I'm feeling like a really old cunt.

Went on a Premier League tour in April 2009. I land at Heathrow at 8:00am, get to my hotel by 9:30, and get whisked off to White Hart Lane shortly thereafter to see us beat West Ham 1-0 thanks to a Pav goal. Block 16. Row 2. West Lower. Right in line with the corner flag and where Spurs took warm ups. It was surreal to see everyone that close to me.

Next 2 were April 2010 when we beat Woolwich & Chelsea back to back in 4 days.

Last one was last game of 2012 season where we beat Fulham 2-0

Point is, if we desperately need a win v a London club, I suggest a fucking collection to fly my ass over there & get me into the ground somehow.

:levyeyes:

So delighted that after many years of searching I've finally located some footage of my first game. 1990/1 v Nottingham Forest in the league, just before the FA Cup final. It's just 38 seconds but from an era when not many games were televised I'm thrilled to just have that.

I always knew it was the first and only time I got to see Gazza play in the flesh, happy to see he got the assist here! I was 6 or 7 at the time so couldn't recall much about the game.

1967 ish....

Depends which year it was we beat West Ham 5-1, (I recall mackay walloping hurst...
bit of a myth that he never did anything dirty btw)

and / or Liverpool 2-1, with greaves scoring direct from a corner.

Or it could have been some other game

I'll have to dig the programmes out to try and remember !

My first game as a supporter (too young to attend) we beat Everton 10-4...
and drew 4-4 with Pompey who were bottom.

1-1 Away to Watford in 2000. Went with my dad and his Watford mate who got the tickets so sat in the Watford stand, the only corner of the stadium not covered by a roof. It rained all game and being right next to the away end watched the Tottenham fans chant at laugh at us as we got soaked through. Until Chris Armstrong scored and pretty much the whole area went mad as it was all Spurs fans who hadn't managed to get tickets in the away end.

3-1 win against Portsmouth in 2005. It was Mido's debut and he scored twice - I remember thinking he was the best player ever

November 97 against Leeds.

Back before flights became affordable enough for a weekend trip. So a few hours by car, a rock rocking ferry for 18-20 hours, a few hours by bus to arrive a few hours before kickoff and leave straight after the match to do the reverse trip!

George Graham was manager....of Leeds, and he made sure it was a real bore which we lost 0-1. That's how I recall it anyway.

Despite the dull match, whoever amongst you who were there with me in the stadium made it so memorable that I took the 48 hour round trip several times more, later on flights countless times, and even moved to London for a while :dierpochhug: All to follow this great club :pochohshit:

Bristol rovers away in our last season outside the top flight. We won 3-1. I was taken by my dad for my birthday. We had already played them at home and won 9-0. (nine fucking nil) . Mind you, I think we only got promoted on the last day of the season with a 0-0 draw at Southampton.

Mine was march 1999 against villa we won 1-0 good old dim tim sherwood scored for us right at the last knockings other than that it was like watching paint dry , that day i lost respect for all things football related and my nokia 3310

Wounded
Fuck u tottenham

Back
Top Bottom