Worst Ground I have ever been to - QPR

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I like loftus road. I like the compactness of it even though the gangways are ridiculously narrow. Qpr fans can be a right bunch of dicks but at least you know they're there, I suppose. Unlike fulham. Did lol when I saw Fratton Park get a mention. Decent atmosphere but the place is knackered now.

I was on holiday from Australia... had a membership to go see Spurs v Everton and the riots prevented me being able to see it, so I paid that much to go see a premier league game..

less then ideal :(
Oh I think i remember you saying about that. Fair enough, at least you did get to watch a game though! Shame about the riots, it goes to show how a few bellends can really screw other people's lives up ay

Can anybody remember the shithole that was Plough Lane, the best view I got of the pitch was when I took a half time piss in the away end toilets. We always seemed to lose there every year.

And don't get me started on the old Stamford Bridge, miles away from the pitch, opened to the elements, in a terrace that should have been condemned years ago. And it could get quite lively with the natives as well. Thinking back I kind of miss it.

What does anyone think of the DW, I'm heading up there with Spurs soon. What is it like?

Can anybody remember the shithole that was Plough Lane, the best view I got of the pitch was when I took a half time piss in the away end toilets. We always seemed to lose there every year.

Also Saints old ground, The Dell, and The Goldstone Ground at Brighton.

Actually thinking about it, Filbert Street in Leicester & both Bristol grounds, Ashton Gate & Eastville too.

many have been mentioned,eastville ,field mill (it was a feild!!) etc, even chelsea re when ken bates bought them was a proper dive!... but did anyone on here expeirience the old den at millwall...not just a shithole but also the most intimidating ground you'd ever be likely to visit... i've been to a few worldwide & the year of a escapades in the 2nd division looking back would be unbeleivable in todays world.
the walk from east or west down old kent road past loads of pubs full of hostile natives to ilderton road ,past their pub the canterbury & down ilderton road under another railway bridge & into the away end...a real gauntlet of hate.....absolutley great fun then with your arse not knowing what to do!!!!.

only wish some of you on here could have experienced old stadiums like that & the atmospheres that went with them & then you'd realise how sterile modern day football has become.

many have been mentioned,eastville ,field mill (it was a feild!!) etc, even chelsea re when ken bates bought them was a proper dive!... but did anyone on here expeirience the old den at millwall...not just a shithole but also the most intimidating ground you'd ever be likely to visit...

only wish some of you on here could have experienced old stadiums like that & the atmospheres that went with them & then you'd realise how sterile modern day football has become.

There speaks a fellow ancient!
Yup, Millwall away - especially as we'd just dicked them 5-Zip was possibly one of the ONLY times I'd wished I'd left my colours at home for once!

Oh, and I'll raise you a 0-0 at Hartlepool on a Wet Wednesday in the League cup when already 5-0 up in the 1st leg for classic football cliche experience!

There speaks a fellow ancient!
Yup, Millwall away - especially as we'd just dicked them 5-Zip was possibly one of the ONLY times I'd wished I'd left my colours at home for once!

Oh, and I'll raise you a 0-0 at Hartlepool on a Wet Wednesday in the League cup when already 5-0 up in the 1st leg for classic football cliche experience!

i'll match that with grimsby away early 80's ...the fucking north sea behind the stand knew we where coming & kicked up a shitstorm!.. then the locals coming out of their coronation street type housing throwing stuff at us!.........happy days.

York city, open air toilet.
Stockport county, wasps nest at the back of the terrace.
Old Wigan, grass bank

Luton. The away end (nowadays its the home end) was open terracing amongst the houses.
The old den; played for boreham wood against millwall youth there so always a 'special' place for me

Stamford bridge, they used to have a trestle table for the food/drink down the front this was '91

I've been to a non league ground where you sat on a brick wall whilst watching the game.

but did anyone on here expeirience the old den at millwall...not just a shithole but also the most intimidating ground you'd ever be likely to visit... i've been to a few worldwide & the year of a escapades in the 2nd division looking back would be unbeleivable in todays world.
the walk from east or west down old kent road past loads of pubs full of hostile natives to ilderton road ,past their pub the canterbury & down ilderton road under another railway bridge & into the away end...a real gauntlet of hate.....absolutley great fun then with your arse not knowing what to do!!!!.

"We all agree, Harry The Dog is a poodle". Loads of them wore surgical face masks, I remember. F Troop, I think they used to call themselves.

Back
Top Bottom