Woolwich (H) - The Gallas Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

RbTV3R8.jpg

NwurTXf.gif

RickyTFC RickyTFC

I thought Siggy was very good today, got us out of a busy midfield with a few decent turns and runs. Same is true for Dembele and Parker.

Dawson and Jan were fucking awesome at the back and I can't believe I am saying this, but Eunice will struggle to get back in if this keeps up.

Hugo is glorious and I've not been this calm about our keeper saving us since Ray Clemence was in goal.

Ade is becoming a pain in the arse though. I thought he'd come good today, but he was fuck awful. Need him out in summer I'd say.

As for the complaints about them not kicking the ball out when Dawson got booked - if one of them was bleeding out of their eyes and screaming they had seconds to live, I'd play on. Fuck sportsmanlike behaviour. Doesn't happen on Derby Day.

So invisible that the Scum didn't spot him threading the through ball in for the opening goal.....

yes - that was why I said he scored a point for creativity.
beyond that - can you tell me what he did that was worth having him on the pitch for?

I feel really sorry for the guy, but its hardly the right reason for his continued presence in the team, is it? Personally I would rather have seen Holtby on form the first whistle, as he seems more assured, direct and clinical.
I love Dempsey for his goal(s) against Manure, but the rest of his season has been pretty rank.

Its just an opinion, not an attempt to denigrate the player (for what he DID achive in the game,) or the manager for being forced to play him.

My gut feeling is that Holtby would have achieved more in the game

As for the complaints about them not kicking the ball out when Dawson got booked - if one of them was bleeding out of their eyes and screaming they had seconds to live, I'd play on. Fuck sportsmanlike behaviour. Doesn't happen on Derby Day.

Personally I don' think any teams should kick the ball out these days, I disagree with it. I know Ade was genuinely injured, but too often this is used to get teams off the hook nowadays and that's just not cricket. If it was the other way around we would have been happy for us to carry on. Ref dealt with it sensibly, and he didn't actually book Daws just gave him a ticking off didn't he?

Also apparently there is good news as to Dembele and Adebayor's injuries, as word is they will both be available against Inter on Thursday.

On the "Arsene Wenger, we want you to stay" chants, what on earth was he thinking with that Rosicky for Jenkinson sub? Has the man actually gone mental?

yes - that was why I said he scored a point for creativity.
beyond that - can you tell me what he did that was worth having him on the pitch for?

I feel really sorry for the guy, but its hardly the right reason for his continued presence in the team, is it? Personally I would rather have seen Holtby on form the first whistle, as he seems more assured, direct and clinical.
I love Dempsey for his goal(s) against Manure, but the rest of his season has been pretty rank.

Its just an opinion, not an attempt to denigrate the player (for what he DID achive in the game,) or the manager for being forced to play him.

Not sure what game you were watching. Siggurdson was very good. his passing throughout was exemplary, and at times he ran the ball out of midfield keeping possession for us and ensuring they did not get the ball and hold onto it. In much the same way as he did last week when he came on against west ham, he was calm and assured on the ball. It's a shame he wasn't a little more selfish when through on goal or he could have scored.

To be honest though if it wasn't Siggy I think it would be someone else, you are never happier than when being negative about something. Even on a glorious day like today you have to fabricate something to piss and bitch about.

Perhaps so, I really like Holtby's style of play and what he can do for our team. But let's not forget that Sigurdsson set up one of the goals with a great pass to Bale, so contrary to what you said - he did achieve something today. He's been quite bright in his recent substitute appearances and deserved at least some gametime today. And considering that, he didn't do too badly in a role in which he won't be at his best

On the "Arsene Wenger, we want you to stay" chants, what on earth was he thinking with that Rosicky for Jenkinson sub? Has the man actually gone mental?

I thought it actually worked rather well. They gained more possession in the 2nd half and Rosicky always plays decent against us.

Bale, for all his greatness, doesn't track back enough, and Woolwich enjoyed the majority of the possession because of it (having numbers in midfield). That said, having so many midfielders made it difficult for them to get clear cut chances throughout the match.

In a team with Ade, Bale and Lennon, Siggy is always going to have a slightly more defensive role than them.

Saying that, he got an assist, was inches away from putting bale through with a glorious ball early on, could (should) have done better when through on goal, played the cross that Bale skied at the back post(actually, was that him? forgive me if not...) and got into another couple of shooting positions at least...

Plus he had a bit of hustle about him helping out BAE...

Good game I reckon...

Back
Top Bottom