Woolwich (H) - The Gallas Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Vertonghen was incredible today. 10/10 performence. one of the best CB's performence i have seen possibly.

oh and....
hellyeahahm1j.gif

One side today attempted to play football along the deck, scoring by breaking open the defence with passing and pace. The other side injured players, hoofed the ball to their lanky striker and could only score from a corner with their lump of a centre half.

If we beat Liverpool next week we will definitely be 10 clear (the Scum don't play).

If they then lose away to Swansea (very possible), then a win at home to Fulham puts us 13 clear.

Also with all this talk of Chelsea and Spurs...Everton are now 2 behind them. Woolwich had better hope a big club wins the cup or there may not even be Uefa Cup football on offer next season.

Having just watched the game on Faxx Sackerrr

I am not sure what I enjoyed the most - watching us win
or watching Piers Morgan air his total ignorance of anything to do with football (including his choice of team to support) on a public forum.

The man is a total LOMBARD Merchant

If we beat Liverpool next week we will definitely be 10 clear (the Scum don't play).

If they then lose away to Swansea (very possible), then a win at home to Fulham puts us 13 clear.

Also with all this talk of Chelsea and Spurs...Everton are now 2 behind them. Woolwich had better hope a big club wins the cup or there may not even be Uefa Cup football on offer next season.

What happens if we draw with liverpool, they draw with swansea and we draw with fulham?

Dont get carried away, thats the key.

AVB refused to be complacent, I like that.

There is basically a 5 into 3 race going on, and we are in a fantastic position - but the finish line is some way off still.

11 points between Everton and City is not a massive amount. Of course I dont expect Everton to surpass City, but with 5 teams encompassed in that points range there is room for a lot of manouvre yet

Dont get carried away, thats the key.

AVB refused to be complacent, I like that.

There is basically a 5 into 3 race going on, and we are in a fantastic position - but the finish line is some way off still.

11 points between Everton and City is not a massive amount. Of course I dont expect Everton to surpass City, but with 5 teams encompassed in that points range there is room for a lot of manouvre yet

im just glad there is no more harry and his england job bullshit this time round...

Two comments I really enjoyed:

1)
[tweet]https://twitter.com/iainmacintosh/status/308270781077520384[/tweet]

2)
Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas: "That was very important. It meant a lot for our fans - we wanted to get this one over Woolwich and create a distance between us. Seven points is not big enough in the Premier League, because this time last year Woolwich came back.
"We aim to continue doing well, but we have difficult fixtures coming up against Manchester City and Liverpool. We will try and push on and qualify for the Champions League.
"It's not over until the last game of the season. It's a good, important win against a top club who are fighting for the same objectives."

Is Sigurdsson really capable of persuading anyone that he is capable of playing at this level?

The major benefit of Dempsey being unavailable for selection is that the (advanced) centre midfield is no longer congested by the hamfisted (footed?) cunt and it allows talented footballers to capitalise from the space to actually do something better than knock some half hearted long range wanky shot at a pretty much untroubled keeper

I LOVE THIS CLUB, I watched it with Brummy supporters, loads of Man U supporters, Gooners, Saints, Chavs. Bloody jumped 4 ft from a sit down position.

Also, I had a friend who is a Spurs fan who has two season tickets, (somehow, he's 15) train cocked up, and he wasn't able to get to the game, then I find out his step-father has a net worth of £260 million.

Back
Top Bottom