Woolwich (H) - The Gallas Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

AS I said I didn't want him on the pitch, IIRC you did, apologies if I'm wrong.

Certainly many did, I just don't get it, he's a poor and often a liability. He nearly was again, stupid foul that put him and us under pressure with the yellow. I hope JD starts against Inter and Dempsey or Defoe at Anfield.

At this point, Ade clearly has proven that he simply has no business being anywhere near Spurs starting 11.

It was shocking to see JD do more in 2 minutes then what Ade accomplished in the 60 plus minutes.

And I can almost guarantee --> He was carted off the field by four men because of a injury to his EGO.

And one other thing. While we did burn AFC on the High line twice, Spurs also came close to getting burned on a few occasions as well. A quality Striker would have probably buried Giroud's chance that he had early in the first half and Vertonghen had to make a few last gasp slide tackles on the ball to avoid a few other potential calamities.

Joe Cole of all peops burned us good at West Ham b/c of it.

I just chatted to one who was so sure Spurs were going to win yesterday that he didn't bother watching it. I called him a cunt and he said that was uncalled for.

Proves that Gooners are plastic. No self-respecting Yiddo would ever not watch a match just because we thought Spurs were going to lose. Shit, I must have watched about 20 straight Man Utd losses/ties leading up to this season.

To be honest, I didnt even use "False 9" correctly. Bale is essentially playing as our number 10 right now. IE, a playmaker and scorer of goals who roams around. Though his particular attributes are unlike, say, a Riquelme, and he relies on pace and power more than traditional number 10s, Bale's role in our offense is one that most closely resembles that kind of player (akin to Messi or Ronaldo).

I also think Bale could play as the loan striker up top (we saw this during Spurs friendly with Red Bull in NYC).
In New Jersey not NYC, curious considering it says you are also from NJ...

Couple I got from yesterday, pre-game.

If I'm allowed to say so myself, I love the top photo!
imag0307f.jpg

imag0305l.jpg

20130303130214.jpg

In New Jersey not NYC, curious considering it says you are also from NJ...

Fair enough, but I try not to assume people from across the pond know all that much about American geography. People know the New York Red Bulls (maybe). Saying they played the New York Red Bulls in New Jersey may have been a bit confusing (though maybe I should give everyone more credit since they arent graduates of American high schools).

The Neviller's comments on Woolwich's comments are excellently insightful. Vermaelen just randomly decides when the defence should stop dropping and Monreal who has played alongside him only a few times has no idea when he should stop and hold the line.

The Neviller's comments on Woolwich's comments are excellently insightful. Vermaelen just randomly decides when the defence should stop dropping and Monreal who has played alongside him only a few times has no idea when he should stop and hold the line.
I had to stop watching after Neville dared suggest that Adebayor helped make the first goal happen. What does he know about football to suggest such an outrageous thing?

I think hate exact shape AVB wanted. Siggy tucked in a little bit, Azza was gonna be looking to counter. High line. Moussa deepest must be something they work on or else it would have happened a month in a row.
Pretty sure it's to reduce the chance of aggravating the hip injury and keep it at a managable level of pain

Back
Top Bottom