Will we play at the Dons

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It is my understanding that that The Wembley option is viable becuase the limitations on "other events" is assuming these events are at full capacity (include 22 sports events and 15 others at full capacity). I was told that Spurs were negociating taking the Wmbley stadium but at a reduced capacity e.g. limited to 50k or less. A short term situation whereby Spurs play all their games at a reduced 50k capacity (Lower and middle tier).

As for MK Dons it is 50 odd fucking miles away with a 30k capacity, seems a very bizarre option. I've nothing against a ground share for a couple of seasons if it means we can get a new stadium built faster but surely Craven Cottage, The Valley are more viable options as they are in London, not in premiere league and have similar capacity to MK dons???

It's being expanded up to 32K for the Rugby World Cup next summer, significantly bigger than CC or the Valley which are 25/27K.

Another one from MK?! The Spurs count from this little Buckinghamshire town is quite astonishing! ..and that just among members of this forum

Another here. And living within a 20min walk from the MK stadium, this would be ok by me for a season.

I'm concerned by the size being smaller than what we have but am struggling to come up with any alternatives with similar facilities and ease of travel from N. London. It's a UEFA grade 5 facility iirc, up to the standard of hosting internationals and CL final etc.

It is my understanding that that The Wembley option is viable becuase the limitations on "other events" is assuming these events are at full capacity (include 22 sports events and 15 others at full capacity). I was told that Spurs were negociating taking the Wmbley stadium but at a reduced capacity e.g. limited to 50k or less. A short term situation whereby Spurs play all their games at a reduced 50k capacity (Lower and middle tier).

As for MK Dons it is 50 odd fucking miles away with a 30k capacity, seems a very bizarre option. I've nothing against a ground share for a couple of seasons if it means we can get a new stadium built faster but surely Craven Cottage, The Valley are more viable options as they are in London, not in premiere league and have similar capacity to MK dons???

Spot on.My understanding is it will be at 50k for category b/c games and at full capacity for the scum, chavs, mancs etc.
The catch to that is don't be surprised if a temporary move to a wembley was to become permanent...so I've been told.

That was the original plan, however, like I said the Sainsburys development is far larger than originally planned, and now we don't have the space to do it
Whilst I don't doubt that a ground share is a possibility, I would question the reasons. Sainsburys being much bigger than originally thought would not be a consideration, unless of course the original planning permission drawings were revised prior to building work commencement. I mean you can't just start a building project and then half way through say, oops, this is going to be a teeny bit bigger than the original plans, just doesn't work like that. I would imagine it has a lot more to do with time constraints, getting the stadium open to paying customers, rather than footprint constraints. The whole fiasco has been about the "details" rather than the actual building process. Ie: listed buildings (empty) that nobody has given a fuck about since the 60s/70s, all of a sudden it's part of the local heritage, yeh right, and let's not forget about the greedy twats at Archway.
It will get built,and in a perverse way it will be a better stadium because of the hold ups, not in spite of them. Things change incredibly quickly in the building/design world, instead of getting a slightly smaller "Death Star" clone, we will probably find ourselves getting a much more advanced and more future proof stadium than those Gypsies down the road.

Or, it won't happen at all, after all, this is SPURS were talking about, right !

Buildings don't just end up bigger than they're planned, calling bullshit on that (if it was as surprising to Levy as is made out in the opening post).

Also Levy said in the last meeting with the Supporters Trust that he was "open to the idea" of ground-sharing, which would indicate we don't already have a deal in place with MK Dons.

I think you've been sold some lies here buddy.

any spurs fan that feels pleased about us legitimising the dongs, their shitty little club, cunt box stadium and cunt of a chairman needs to take a fucking good look in the mirror. I would rather travel to pittodrie and ground share with those dons than set foot in the winkiedome. whether temporary or not. those club stealing fuckers should have been left to rot in the fetid cunt bubbles of a long dead granny whore that even rooney wouldn't have touched. not have us playing there out of choice.

edited for extra ranting and swearing.

Last edited:
If leaving WHL for a season means the new stadium can be built quicker, more easily and cheaper then I'm all for it. What's one season? It'll fly by and we'll have a shiny new stadium to show for it. Who knows, we might even maintain our away form in the "home" games too...

For the record,
When this story was first aired (probably about 2007/8) I was working with some chump who chaired the McFranchise Supporters Group or something.
He told me about a visit of Levy and sidekicks to the McBowl.
Turns out he was only there to see how their access card system worked but that was a bit boring for the media so it got sexed up to a ground-share.
Honestly this shit gets recycled every 12/18 months. It ain't ever happening.

Wembley's restrictions only apply to 'full capacity' events. NO restrictions on limited capacity sports events. Would assume there's a deal to be done in using the bottom two tiers only, which is c. 50k I think.

Would suspect the only thing stopping this us FA greed and Levy digging his heels in.

Wouldn't go near MK Dons.

A scar on the face of football and to put any cash into Wankleman's pockets or help MK Dons out financially is beyond the realms of an acceptable ground share. They need to be wiped off the football map.

Proper AMF

Wouldn't attend a single 'home' game. Supporting those cunts is legitimising identity theft. Not to mention the fact that I live in North London and nowhere near Milton Keynes.

Can't say I fancy trekking to MK for a season, especially for night games. For argument's sake, if I decide that I can't/won't travel for a season, do I forfeit my season ticket? If so, seems like blackmail to me.
But this subject seems to be dragging on and on and on....... I can see us still discussing the proposed move to a new stadium a decade down the line!

Back
Top Bottom