Will we play at the Dons

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A mate of mine's friend spent a game in one of the boxes, and met Chivers. He was told by him that the deal had already been done for Spurs to play at least one season at the MK Dons whilst the new stadium gets built. Apparently the new Sainsburys is far bigger than the original plans, which stops the club building around the old stadium whilst the old one is being used. Other stadiums such as Wembley and the Olympic stadium have been reported as a possibility. I should say that the Wembley rumour is rubbish, as it can only be used 19 times a year, as part of it's lease agreement, and the Olympic stadium won't be ready for years either. Coming from MK, and being a season ticket holder, I can't help but have a little smile on my face. The stadium is fantastic, although only 32000. Unfortunately nearby pubs are few and far between, and the station (Bletchley) is almost as far as seven sisters is from WHL

I must admit the gap between the new Sainsburys and the current WHL looks small. But I thought the intention was to build three quarters of the new stadium, move in, then demolish the existing WHL so the rest of the new stadium can be built. In effect, the 'park lane' end of the new ground will sit where the 'Paxton' end currently sits. Like Athletic club did with their new ground in Bilboa

I must admit the gap between the new Sainsburys and the current WHL looks small. But I thought the intention was to build three quarters of the new stadium, move in, then demolish the existing WHL so the rest of the new stadium can be built. In effect, the 'park lane' end of the new ground will sit where the 'Paxton' end currently sits. Like Athletic club did with their new ground in Bilboa

That was the original plan, however, like I said the Sainsburys development is far larger than originally planned, and now we don't have the space to do it

Well, Levy says that he remains open to ground sharing so I guess it's possible. I really, really don't relish the idea though, and their ground is in the arse end of nowhere in a veritable car park next to an Asda. Not really where I want to be trekking to see my hometown club.

I dont see how Sainsburys can do this? Having the pleasure of working with planners, there are very strict rules with regards to footprint size of buildings and exact locations of infrastrcuture supporting the primary buildings.

I am not being patronising but no development can suddenly be increased without the required authorities given it the go ahead, if true then Levy has been shafted big style by Sainsburys and I am sure the local buisness's would have objected to the club having to leave Haringey for a year?

Another one from MK?! The Spurs count from this little Buckinghamshire town is quite astonishing! ..and that just among members of this forum

I dont see how Sainsburys can do this? Having the pleasure of working with planners, there are very strict rules with regards to footprint size of buildings and exact locations of infrastrcuture supporting the primary buildings.

I am not being patronising but no development can suddenly be increased without the required authorities given it the go ahead, if true then Levy has been shafted big style by Sainsburys and I am sure the local buisness's would have objected to the club having to leave Haringey for a year?

I am only repeating what I was told. The original plans were made some ago, and changed a few times since. I have heard from a few different sources that the plan to build the new stadium around the old one was scrapped a while ago. I now believe this to be true. Who knows, there is nothing to say we won't play our games in a combination of stadiums for a while !!

Wonder if the club will somehow subsidise the extra cost of travel for fans that have to get to MK from London. Or at least season ticket holders or people who live within a certain radius of white hart lane.

subsidise you say?
Ahahahahahahaahaha
:levylol::levylol::levylol::levystare:

Wonder if the club will somehow subsidise the extra cost of travel for fans that have to get to MK from London. Or at least season ticket holders or people who live within a certain radius of white hart lane.

subsidise you say?
Ahahahahahahaahaha
:levylol::levylol::levylol::levystare:

Are you really being serious, this is Spurs you are talking about. Levy sees us as nothing more than a necessary evil. Anyway, as our fan base has nothing to do with the area, I am pretty sure that a large % live nearer MK than they do Tottenham. That said, any move away from Tottenham on a permanent basis would be very wrong, even though our chairman has tried it once already.

A mate of mine's friend spent a game in one of the boxes, and met Chivers. He was told by him that the deal had already been done for Spurs to play at least one season at the MK Dons whilst the new stadium gets built. Apparently the new Sainsburys is far bigger than the original plans, which stops the club building around the old stadium whilst the old one is being used. Other stadiums such as Wembley and the Olympic stadium have been reported as a possibility. I should say that the Wembley rumour is rubbish, as it can only be used 19 times a year, as part of it's lease agreement, and the Olympic stadium won't be ready for years either. Coming from MK, and being a season ticket holder, I can't help but have a little smile on my face. The stadium is fantastic, although only 32000. Unfortunately nearby pubs are few and far between, and the station (Bletchley) is almost as far as seven sisters is from WHL
It is my understanding that that The Wembley option is viable becuase the limitations on "other events" is assuming these events are at full capacity (include 22 sports events and 15 others at full capacity). I was told that Spurs were negociating taking the Wmbley stadium but at a reduced capacity e.g. limited to 50k or less. A short term situation whereby Spurs play all their games at a reduced 50k capacity (Lower and middle tier).

As for MK Dons it is 50 odd fucking miles away with a 30k capacity, seems a very bizarre option. I've nothing against a ground share for a couple of seasons if it means we can get a new stadium built faster but surely Craven Cottage, The Valley are more viable options as they are in London, not in premiere league and have similar capacity to MK dons???

Back
Top Bottom