Why it’s a good thing they won

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We've been a 'victim' of bad timing on numerous occasions...
when we finished 3rd (yes 3rd) in the late '80s, English clubs were banned from Europe...
who knows what a bit of decent European exposure would've done for us (remember, the UEFA Cup was still quite prized back then, Fifa'14 fans)
The likes of Lineker, Gazza & Waddle (had he not have already left) would've absolutely graced that competition...Still, I guess we'll never know...
same as we'll never know what we could've achieved (a right royal spanking) HAD we rightfully qualified for the CL a second time two years ago...

fucking Didier fucking penalties fucking Bayern fucking Munich!

I agree with the idea that we should take cups seriously, just hurts to relate it to them winning anything.

Winning trophies should be objective 1 with finishing top 4 2nd. Obviously finishing 15th and winning the league cup would be a bit shit.
:paulinhobored:

Neville Chamberlain school of football has never been my benchmark.

Im not appeased....I have serious issues with certain aspects of Levy's reign.

Stratford would have made me quit being a supporter of the club...I think the manager debacles are a fucking joke.

But anyone who is not an agenda driven, wannabe poetic wordsworth with at least half a brain, can see that we have improved under ENIC.

Im not appeased....I have serious issues with certain aspects of Levy's reign.

Stratford would have made me quit being a supporter of the club...I think the manager debacles are a fucking joke.

But anyone who is not an agenda driven, wannabe poetic wordsworth with at least half a brain, can see that we have improved under ENIC.

That Stratford thing was a fucking joke, worst thing out of Spurs since I can remember. Everyone talks about Redknapp firing himself but Levy's push for that move was far worse than any Redknapp balls up (England job/court case/dropping the ball with Woolwich) I would have wanted to punch Levy if he got the move to Stratford.

Can live with the rest of the nonsense at the club, we are good money wise and not to far of the top 4, the next managerial choice could make or break us though.

League place finishes 1987-2000
3rd ,13th, 6th, 3rd, 11th, 15th, 8th, 15th, 7th, 8th, 10th, 14th, 11th, 10th
Two serious relegation battles
Nearly went bankrupt
2 trophies
Stadium got smaller
Played in Europe twice (would have been three times without the ban)

League place finishes 2001-2013
12th, 9th, 12th,14th, 9th, 5th, 5th, 11th, 8th, 4th, 5th, 4th, 5th
CL run
Became 14th richest club in Europe and riches to never have played CL football
1 trophy
Building new stadium
Played in Europe 6 times

You have been on of the biggest moaners here about AVB's results yet have the audacity to start defending our record by bringing up the 90s ? LOL,Yes and that was what I said, Spurs has stalled in the league since the jol era more or less.We repeated the same thing over 8 years. Sold the best players, brought in a manager and DOF, then sacked them both and brought in some new guy to coast off the ground work put in place by those previous managers and claim glory.

Fixed it

B3V98Wj.jpg

Whilst I can appreciate where this article is coming from, SURELY we shouldn't be waiting for THEIR success to kick-start the realisation that WE need to win stuff too to be in with a shout of being taken seriously in this whole 'football thing'
....and an udder ting.... Never in the history of EVER is THEM winning stuff and being happy a good thing for us!

Well that was a horrible load of self depreciating bullshit...

I don't know how many of you have genuinely been rubbing a 6 year old cup victory in the faces of Woolwich supporters but I haven't since the day it happened. At best it has been something to cling on to while they laud continued Champions League qualification and better league finishes over us, a solitary ray of sunshine in an otherwise miserable god knows how long, but there seems to be a suggestion in the article that we have been underachieving since because of it!

So we can concentrate on ourselves now can we? Because for every season since, we have always started by saying, "don't worry about this season chaps...we'll always have '08". We've had one fucking thing we could smile about, one fucking thing we could laud over them, one fucking thing we could be proud of...regardless of how insignificant it was in the grand scheme of things. Now that is gone and we have nothing left to smile about, we're supposed to be fucking happy? Those jizz gargling fucktards from south London finally have the full set in bragging rights and I'm supposed to appreciate "why it's a good thing that they won"? Fuck right off!

I can tell you now, it's not a good thing that they won, it's not even a good thing that they even win in a fucking friendly much less a sodding cup final! You can try to rationalise this, contort it in to a positive and make it about us all you like, but it looks pathetic to suggest that this does us a fucking favour or we have gained something from those piss stained cunts lifting silverware. Spurring us on? How pathetically small-time do we look by saying we need those inbred cum stains to win a fucking cup to spur us on?!

Fucking abomination of an article.

"congratulations Woolwich" what the fuck? what has our fanbase become when some are congratulating our biggest rivals on winning a trophy.

I've seen some absolutely AIDS ridden articles recently but this takes the biscuit.

"congratulations Woolwich" what the fuck? what has our fanbase become when some are congratulating our biggest rivals on winning a trophy.

I've seen some absolutely AIDS ridden articles recently but this takes the biscuit.
You should have seen his Lennon article earlier. This one takes the cake by far - complete and utter science fiction. Shameful scenes.

We support/love a club that plays in a more competitive league than say the likes of Villareal, Valencia, Bayer, Lazio, Inter etc.
Our points achieved would have got us 3rd 4th in other "big" leagues it is just that the other ugly 4/5 have recently had deeper pockets than us. What we need to do is a Altetico - can we ?
We nearly had all the ducks lined up but we chickened out in spending that extra 20-30 mill to secure repeat CL.
So where to ? Unsure, Levy says we good enough have players of quality.
Well clearly not enough £'s so manager is the most important appt - we nearly got LVG now it has to be Benetiz. Anything less than Rafa really means Levy is dreaming.

Back
Top Bottom