Why it’s a good thing they won

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bardi Bardi

not sure I entirely agree with your line of thinking or conclusions, although I certainly like you see their win as a proverbial shot in the arm for our own attempts to win cups/competition's.
Not sure one can reduce fourth place to simply meaning the 4th best team in the country and bank statements on levy's desk.
Sure its not a cup or league win but what it does do is A. earns us MUCH more money, B. allows us to attract and pay top players and C. gives us a chance to win the premier club cup in the whole of Europe.
My guess would be in the modern era there's a huge correlation between cup success and being consistently in the top 4, they are not mutually exclusive they are mutually inclusive. Gaining top 4 in essence will allow us to compete more consistently for the cups that you crave
Cheers for the article though..

agreed, we need to focus on ourselves to become better, we aren't a top club. not even close this season. Woolwich beat us again. Nothing new here. They had one of their best seasons in years, could of been even better if Ramsey and Walcott never got injured. That has nothing to do with us tho. We were shite and need to focus on OUR club and OUR group of players. If we sit here and are upset about them winning the FA cup or any competition we are straying from the fact that they won because they are better, and they either beat us or someone else did, which only means one thing. WE need to focus on ourselves and OUR CLUB to make US better!!
COYS!
OY VEY!

tumblr_ms6v4cPPzx1sfevwyo1_400.gif

I agree but for a slightly different reason, imo Wenger is holding them back and winning the FA Cup has guaranteed him at least a couple more seasons.

If they'd lost to Hull and he'd resigned I would be very worried they would get someone who could win them the league.

Not happy they won, nor do I wish to devalue our victory of Chelscum a few years back.

That said, I wholeheartedly agree that it's not to have a refreshing break from all that "years since Woolwich won a trophy" crap. It was astonishingly cringe-worthy and made us look like right mugs. They have a trophy again, they have the CL yet again, they have their detestable St. Tottrewhatsitsname Day over us yet again and they have a manager they don't need to sack every five minutes. As hard as it is to accept, the harsh reality is that right now we have dropped back away from them.

Now that the one small thing to gloat about has been removed let's forget about those cunts and concentrate on supporting our players to go on and win another trophy for us and get us back into the CL.

This is one of the dumbest articles I have read in ages, How will this help us win? Other than being more unhappy than we already are.Levy is a uselesss ******. We progressed under him until 2006, past then we have been in some strange state of limbo fluctuating on the fringes of a top 4 finish but ultimately falling short. Some like to romanticize the failure and say it's the football gods and 'bad luck', While some like me see a depressing systematic failing from top down.
Where the transfer strategy has been amateurish , Where there is too much change and little stability, managers not given enough time and persistently failing to reinforce the squad in key areas. Some want to pull the wool over our eyes saying we will do a leeds , even though net spending is zero ,while others keep citing wages and stadium size. A leftback in January, that was the target once again, everyone will keep acting clueless as to why our defence was a shambles.

Levy is a uselesss ******. We progressed under him until 2006, past then we have been in some strange state of limbo fluctuating on the fringes of a top 4 finish but ultimately falling short.

We had never finished top 4 prior to 2006.....and finished top 4 twice since 2009, reaching the CL quarters in between.

We also won a trophy in 2008...and qualified for the EL regularly from around the same time you claim the decline started.

But carry on...Im sure you will find a way to make the pure bollox make sense in your head.

Last edited:
I agree but for a slightly different reason, imo Wenger is holding them back and winning the FA Cup has guaranteed him at least a couple more seasons.

If they'd lost to Hull and he'd resigned I would be very worried they would get someone who could win them the league.

Maybe the only silverlining, Wenger will get what ever money he wants but being Wenger he will not spend much and the team will remain roughly on the same level and we can catch them still. Can you imagine if Woolwich got rid of Wenger, appointed De Boer and he bought 3-4 world class players, they would be back in the title hunt and we would be miles off.

Not sure if sammy is an ENIC fanboy or just dosen't have a life, maybe both?:gallashmm:
Or maybe he's right and we have progressed under ENIC. Unless the midtable guff under Sugar is no worse.

No we aren't winning titles or in the CL every year, but to say that we aren't beyond where we were under Sugar is laughable and simply, factually incorrect.

Last edited:
Agree generally with the story but don't agree that we are (or should be) a cup team and not a league team. I still wouldn't trade FA Cup victories for a consistently high finish in the league. I don't ever want to see the bottom half of the table again. A healthy balance for league and cup would be nice, and feasible I feel.

Maybe the only silverlining, Wenger will get what ever money he wants but being Wenger he will not spend much and the team will remain roughly on the same level and we can catch them still. Can you imagine if Woolwich got rid of Wenger, appointed De Boer and he bought 3-4 world class players, they would be back in the title hunt and we would be miles off.
What has De Boer done that makes him a title contending manager in the Premier League? Particularly more-so than Wenger?

trifficTotnum - you really do come out with some absolute shit sometimes. You can hate ENIC all you like, but you can't deny facts.

Back
Top Bottom