White Hart Lane 1899-2017

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Went to White Hart lane yesterday for the first time this season. I thought the atmosphere was still good and the Sunderland fans brilliant considering the shite they have to watch.

The scar in the north east corner alleviated by the progress of the new stadium.

I hear Coke Cola are interested in Sponsoring the ground.
'Welcome to the Coke ground home of the famous Tottenham Hotspur.'

Better than Durex Condom or Tampon stadium. Durex would at a pinch be slightly more suitable as our colour is white not red.

If only Crowd funding could be relied upon, I am sure there are enough fans globally who could raise enough money to buy the naming rights to the new stadium and keep it as White Hart Lane

200k of us pay £25 a season each and we don't have to hear "good afternoon and welcome to X Y z arena".

A pipe dream, but what's £25 these days ?

Oh well, keep dreaming. It will soon be Christmas !
With that kind of money, wouldn't it make more sense to just pay for the remainder of the stadium, ensuring that Levy doesn't have to sell the way Woolwich did with Fabregas/Nasri/Van Persie?

Isn't it because any potential stadium name sponsor wouldn't want any links to the previous name?

Wouldn't want to be forking out 10's of millions on a brand name only for people to keep calling it WHL, would you?

Because that's never going to happen, is it?

:allitongue:

Isn't it because any potential stadium name sponsor wouldn't want any links to the previous name?

Wouldn't want to be forking out 10's of millions on a brand name only for people to keep calling it WHL, would you?

Why not??
It's not like it was called Cunt Bollocks Station!
I can understand wiping out/erasing history when there is a level of offensiveness to it... (like my former school; "Adolf Saville Primary" had to...)

But this is purely money led... and WHY? In case SOMEONE doesn't buy the product the new Stadium name is advertising, 'cos the Train Station still has the old Stadium's name, and they forget about the new name in the time it takes them to walk from the new ground to the Station!

'sridicullus!

But it is the stadium that is linked to the name of the station/road, the ground isn't actually on White Hart Lane.

It's a shit idea. What next ditching Hotspur? or perhaps Tottenham?

Back
Top Bottom