White Hart Lane 1899-2017

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agreed the name is derived from the road that it sits on. The name belongs not to Tottenham Hotspur for them to discard. The name belongs to community as a whole.
Exactly. It would almost be like renaming the whole area "Tottenham Hotspur" instead of "Tottenham". I would then live in "Tottenham Hotspur Hale". I love the name of our club but there is something extremely corporate and plastic about renaming an area after it.

I'm not in favour of renaming White Hart Lane station. We know who we are and where we are from. We are not a franchise from Woolwich with a need to legitimise ourselves.

But it is the stadium that is linked to the name of the station/road, the ground isn't actually on White Hart Lane.

It's a shit idea. What next ditching Hotspur? or perhaps Tottenham?

This is a disgrace!! It should keep its name forever more.

Agreed the name is derived from the road that it sits on. The name belongs not to Tottenham Hotspur for them to discard. The name belongs to community as a whole.

Wait till the club ask to change Tottenham Court Road station as well... 'cos it might confuse the Tourist Fans they are hoping to LURE to the new ground!

Wait till the club ask to change Tottenham Court Road station as well... 'cos it might confuse the Tourist Fans they are hoping to LURE to the new ground!
Having said that I knew a bloke from wales who headed for tottenham court road for his first game and who went into what was then the Tottenham pub before he realised his error.

Having said that I knew a bloke from wales who headed for tottenham court road for his first game and who went into what was then the Tottenham pub before he realised his error.
There's an urban myth about a group of Liverpool supporters who did exactly the same thing in the '80s...
(I assume they stopped at Liverpool Street Station first, in case the game was at 'home'!)

There's an urban myth about a group of Liverpool supporters who did exactly the same thing in the '80s...
(I assume they stopped at Liverpool Street Station first, in case the game was at 'home'!)
haha, i actually met the guy in question this isnt a friend of a friend. I also dated a girl once who thought piccadily in manchester was on the piccadily line!

Phwoaarrr, just look look at those core supports. Going in 25m DEEP, know what I mean ;) ... Haven't seen FOUNDATIONS like that in a while... ;) ;) Phwooaarr, those cranes are HOISTING it... Look at the CURVES on that stand........ I WOULD!!!!!!

Our core support is probably around 25k as well... kinda nice symmetry doncha think?

Danny probably planned it all... 61,000 Capacity (Double Year) and a metre core support for every THOUSAND core supporters!
:levystare:

Sweeeeeet!

Back in the 80s there were a few blokes in my local in Hoddesdon who preferered drinking in there prior to games,and driving to WHL at about 2pm(i always preferred the atmosphere of pubs around the ground).We were playing Liverpool one Saturday and an old school mate of mine (Liverpool fan) latched on to them, as they were leaving and asked could he join them in going to game. 20 minutes later they are driving up the A10 through chestnut and this clown asks " So who's at home then,Spurs or Liverpool".....

Back in the 80s there were a few blokes in my local in Hoddesdon who preferered drinking in there prior to games,and driving to WHL at about 2pm(i always preferred the atmosphere of pubs around the ground).We were playing Liverpool one Saturday and an old school mate of mine (Liverpool fan) latched on to them, as they were leaving and asked could he join them in going to game. 20 minutes later they are driving up the A10 through chestnut and this clown asks " So who's at home then,Spurs or Liverpool".....

Fucking CLOWNS... you can't keep them out of the news these days!
42751UNILAD-imageoptim-17-clowns-pennywise.w529.h352.jpg

Apparently this guy has brilliant sources...so here goes:

From Mattilda Collywobs on Glory Glory re. the Station renaming and stadium progress.

"The story is a heavy distortion of facts.

It is TfL who are extremely keen to dissolve the station name 'White Hart Lane', and to replace it with North Tottenham, 'in order that it complements South Tottenham'. At this point, it should be recognised that TfL only began discussing a name change after Northumberland Development Project had gained significant planning traction.

What is clear is that our decision to heavily invest has presented a clear commercial opportunity for TfL, and they are keen to explore that as it aligns with their revenue growth strategy. It is within that context where we would like to influence the direction of any rename as the new station will act as a major artery into NDP.

Regarding project progress, NDP is now almost bang on schedule as the construction team successfully gained time over the summer. Installation of the raker beams brought form to the site, and these will be complemented further as the first SPS spans are installed this month. Beyond, construction of Core 6 will begin in earnest in mid-November.

We cannot however influence projects beyond our control, other than to stress how important it is that promised infrastructure is there to receive and suppor

Don't dismiss this as an urban myth, I was once asked where the Charing Cross Hospital was outside Charing X Station !
The man still didn't believe me when I told him he needed to be in Fulham Palace Road, at Hammersmith!

Don't dismiss this as an urban myth, I was once asked where the Charing Cross Hospital was outside Charing X Station !
The man still didn't believe me when I told him he needed to be in Fulham Palace Road, at Hammersmith!

If you call yourself James Savage... expect people to assume you're hiding the truth!

Will the station be expanded? It get pretty crowded there on match day. Getting another platform could really alleviate the overcrowding.

What's the plan on getting the tube expanded from SS to WHL?

Back
Top Bottom