White Hart Lane 1899-2017

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If only Crowd funding could be relied upon, I am sure there are enough fans globally who could raise enough money to buy the naming rights to the new stadium and keep it as White Hart Lane

200k of us pay £25 a season each and we don't have to hear "good afternoon and welcome to X Y z arena".

A pipe dream, but what's £25 these days ?

Oh well, keep dreaming. It will soon be Christmas !

Last edited:
If only Crowd funding could be relied upon, I am sure there are enough fans globally who could raise enough money to buy the naming rights to the new stadium and keep it as White Hart Lane

200k of us pay £25 a season each and we don't have to hear "good afternoon and welcome to X Y z arena".

200k is a lot of people imo, 100k @ £50 looks good in my eyes, why not give it a go?

200k is a lot of people imo, 100k @ £50 looks good in my eyes, why not give it a go?
I think it would take someone more connected than me to generate the interest needed. Maybe it's something the pod cast team could consider ? Really, on a global basis it could be done, but getting it done is a whole different thing....

Pebble Watch raised over $10 million. With the Spurs global fan base....well it's possible

Last edited:
I think it would take someone more connected than me to generate the interest needed. Maybe it's something the pod cast team could consider ? Really, on a global basis it could be done, but getting it done is a whole different thing....

Pebble Watch raised over $10 million. With the Spurs global fan base....well it's possible
Never going to happen mate

So 5 Million then. One off. :levylol:

We'll be looking for 10/20 times that. Every Year. At least.

Fans complain about the price of a fucking balti pie, mate, try to get even 10 to donate 250 bucks a year to keep the name and i reckon you'd have done well!

Last edited:
:dembelewtf: Way to be positive !

Lol. Just kidding, but the idea is possible if not probable
Haha, I just can't see Spurs fans putting this amount of money together. There are bigger clubs than us that have probably tried and it just seems way too hard to organize and execute

On Saturday I was in a different part of the ground from usual; due to the building work they've moved our STs from Block 55 (where I was for 18 years) to Block 52. Block 52 row 22, which is directly behind the goal in the upper tier of the Paxton, high up, is approximately where I sat/stood when first watching Spurs as a child.

Watching the game from there was reminiscent of those first memories of Spurs. I think my first game was in 1992 (a 3-3 draw with Everton on the last day of the season, since you ask, we were 3-0 up at half time so a fitting beginning; my dad said we might still fuck this up, I said you've got to be joking, his pessimism remains the same to this day) but the first time I was mad about it was 1994/95 season when we had Klinsmann and the "famous five". When our goal went in it felt a bit as though I was watching Spurs back then, and the joy I felt as a child seeing us score a goal. That was when the Paxton had wooden seats before it was redeveloped, and people tended to stand up, I'd stand on my seat to see the game.

It's interesting seeing the game from a different part of the ground, it feels as though you get to know White Hart Lane a bit better, the only stand I've never watched a game from is the West Stand.

I have watched games in all 4 stands at WHL. My first game was in the corner of the old west stand where it meets Park lane. Whilst the feeling isn't as strong as the first few times, I still get an emotional tug when ever I first see the pitch when walking up the stairs. It never goes away

Last edited:

It'll always be The Lane to us, and that's all that matters really.

I have watched games in all 4 stands at WHL. My first game was in the corner of the old west stand where it meets Park lane. Whilst the feeling isn't as strong as the first few times, I still get an emotional tug when ever I first see the pitch when walking up the stairs. It never goes away
Wish I could like this twice. It's true it never goes away. Seeing the pitch, walking towards the ground and seeing it, seeing the pitch under the lights at night.

You all remember when away games were shown on the Jumbotron? (as the club then called it!) I watched a few games there in the late 90s. I can remember a 0-0 draw away at the scum where everyone who didn't get a ticket turned up there. The whole of the Park Lane was full of yids and they were turning people away because they didn't have enough stewards to open up the rest of the ground. The atmosphere was great and before the game people were singing all sorts of anti-Woolwich songs I'd never heard before, and which are nowadays rarely sung. It was when the Wenger song was just catching on as well.

I also watched the FA Cup win at Barnsley there when Ginola scored that goal. If I remember correctly it snowed at the Lane after the final whistle and you could see the snow falling on the empty pitch. I walked home after the game and all the pubs on the High Road had messages like "We're going to Wembley" in the windows (just before the 99 league cup final).

Only place I haven't sat is West upper, done lower when going to youth games.

Nice idea.
As the season goes on and the end comes closer,i can see this being a popular thread :)
Cheers

Iam acutely aware that the pilgrimage to see white Hart lane one last time from Spurs fans all around these islands and the world has already started.

I will be in bits when I walk out the place for the last time next year. I've been blessed to be a season ticket holder for nearly 20 years.

Last edited:
I think it's apt that the name White Hart Lane is retired along with the stadium, but I would love the new ground to have a great historical name like 'Bill Nicholson Park' or something like that. Unfortunately it's going to be more like "Hyundai AIA Stadium Park".

Back
Top Bottom