White Hart Lane 1899-2017

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Alright folks,

Not been able to get to the Lane for some time and have been offered someone's season card (obviously for a cost) for Sunday. Just wondering if there is anything in place to stop cards being passed around or sold on? Can anyone point me in the direction of what the season card looks like this season so i know that it is genuine? Wouldn't usually buy tickets in this manner but really want to say goodbye to WHL.

Thanks

Stu
If you'd like to send it to me then I'll happily inspect it for you.

I'll even try it out and let you know if it works if you'd like me to take the risk for you?

Great photo, aiming to recreate the old '61 staff photo.

Anyone know who the big guy behind Levy is?
C_nclsxXsAQuFEE.jpg

I think I have sat/stood in every part of the ground, apart from the executive boxes (although I did see one NLD from the corner of the Park Lane where the press box is, after having lunch in the hospitality lounge). Suppose best time for me was standing at the front of the Shelf, definitely the best view - near halfway line so no distortion of where the ball is, which you get when watching from behind the goals; up high so you can see the flow of the play, but not so far away that the players looked like ants. I did like the enclosure though, sure that you paid an extra 2 bob (10p ) for that. I remember the peanut man. I remember that awful day when we witnessed the fences going up around the ground and rejoicing when they took them down. Games too many to mention - some good, some bad and some plain ugly. But considering I have been going to the Lane for 47 years, I still get a thrill going through the turnstiles ..... can't say the thrill is still there at the end of the game! But all said and done, you just can't beat being there in person, and I am going to miss the old place.
To be fair though Mr P - much of the stadium you go to now isn't the stadium you first went into all those years ago.
Its a bit of a Triggers broom - in reality.
And the new stadium isn't that far away, as some of the original footprint is still being shared with the new place - a spiritual contact across time, so to speak.

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone would agree with me on this but I like the fact we are not making a big fuss and song and dance over every single game we play at The Lane will be the last against xxx. It's business as usual, 3 points move on to the next. That shitshow the pikies put on last year was horrendous, bugging up every fucking home game.

Am I alone in this, or would people want/expect a song and dance?

Last ever game only, and all it needs is to be THE loudest its ever been for the entire game. A fans effort...dont want any fireworks or legends wheeled out....just a classic send off.....

not-tonight-luv-jpg.8754

Getting to the entrance for the Paxton now means you look up and round and see the skeleton of the new ground - it's like the Coliseum!!! And if that doesn't move you, the hoardings around the ground on the High Street will surely bring on the tears. TBH, I don't really want to move, as have so many memories (good and bad), but assume too difficult to develop each stand separately. But I know the new stadium will knock our socks off, and we will make new memories.

Back
Top Bottom