Whens your THFC Anniversary?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just thought i'd mention that this Sundays game is my 30th anniversary of following Spurs, first game being 1981 (I was nine) also against liverpool. 1-1 draw, pissing down with rain, Hoddle scored as I remember. Think we finished 10th that year. Went with my dad, (lifelong yid). We still go to games together now, although these days it's more a case of me taking him!

Snarf from the shelf - block 27

First time I saw Spurs at WHL was vs Norwich in 92/93 season. My Uncle got me a ticket for my birthday. We won 5-1. 👏

Last edited:
29/4/00 my first game, was nearly 8 years old. We drew 1-1 against Derby County I believe, I remember crying when we went 0-1 down whilst the surrounding Spurs fans stared at me.

26/02/1983 v Norwich City 0-0 Att-23,342 me and my old man were the "2"on the end,never forget it best day of my life as a young lad.

First game ever was awaay to Watford, and we drew 0-0, it was ppor, I was seven, and I cried because I thought we lost.

First game at the lane was the final day of the 99/00 season. I handed the South West regional fans Player of the Year award out to Stephen Carr. I was 8, and thought the stadium would be full....sadly it was done at about 1pm., and my dad was pissed off cos he lost drinking time. Pretty cool though. We won 3-1, against Sunderland I think. Went to the first hoem game of next season, and we won 3-1 again against Ipswiich.

Moved to Scotland soon affter, and have only ever been back once :(

Case said:
First time I saw Spurs at WHL was vs Norwich in 92/93 season. My Uncle got me a ticket for my birthday. We won 5-1. 👏

Mine was the same game, with my dad and my grandfather (both lifelong yids). We were in the west stand, which suited their tense and silent approach to supporting Spurs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do reserve team matches count?

My childminder as a toddler was the mother of Richard Cooke and I used to get dragged along to see him play. I say dragged along, I must have been more interested in playing at the time. Probably the 1983/4 season for my first match.

Thanks to my parents moving me out of London when I was 5 or so and dragging me to the South West, I didn't get along to a first team fixture until I was old enough to head for London by myself. The defeat to Ipswich when Teddy got sent off springs to mind as the first time.

Thursday, 25 October 2007 | We lost 1-2 to Getafe, Martin Jol got sacked.

25/10/07
4 years, 9 months following this club so far. Love it.

My 25 year anniversary has just gone - 16th May. First game was the '87 Cup Final v Coventry. I was 8, lived in Birmingham at the time, my uncle lived (still does) in Enfield & had tickets. I came down to Wembley with my dad, didn't know much about Spurs obviously, but was anti-Coventry... I've been supporting the Lilywhites ever since

I can't remember my first game :cry: was too young.
Would of been the season after the 91 cup win.

Man there are some whipper-snappers on here (Reptile_16 aside!!!)

My '30th Spurs Anniversary' came and went last season...

5th September 1981

...a 1-3 thumping at home to the then Champions Aston Villa. Ricky VILLA scored our goal... against VILLA, and I remember being a bit confused.
I was 8 at the time...

Never really went as young as some of you guys as we couldn't really afford it, but i did see a few England games and a load of Potters Bar Town FC.

Started going when I was about 16-17 when I started working full-time, I remember a game in 2001 when Poyet scored an outrageous chip against Derby.

Back
Top Bottom