What positionings need strengthening?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Any time you bring in as many players as Baldini brought in you're bound to have some flops.

Not necessarily. If the decision-makers adequately and prudently tailor their acquisitions to squad needs, it shouldn't be a problem. We just bought wrong players at the wrong positions in the wrong system. What has occurred since was almost inevitable.

Left Back, Left Wing, Centre Back, Striker and maybe a CAM depending on who we sell.

LB: Ben Davies/Santon
LW: Konoplyanka
CB: Caulker/Richards (would be competition/cover for Walker at right back too)
ST: Remy/Lukaku/Dzeko
CAM: Lallana

Straight away I'll say that Lukaku and Lallana are both unrealistic I think but I'd have them in a heartbeat. I don't think that Dzeko is too unrealistic though, he'll want more football and with us (most likely) selling Adebayor due to his wages we could probably afford to pay Dzeko's? But I really don't have a clue who LvG (or whoever the manager is next year) is going to want to buy...

This welbeck shit had better be a joke, signing welbeck is tantamount to saying 7th position is our greatest ambition.

I find it funny that, as we know, you can't buy 7 new players and expect them to gel...

...yet in this thread people think "hmm, well we'll just buy 5 more then - that'll work alright"...

I find it funny that, as we know, you can't buy 7 new players and expect them to gel...

...yet in this thread people think "hmm, well we'll just buy 5 more then - that'll work alright"...

Of the players I'd like to bring in, there are only three positions maximum where I think we need an immediate introduction to the starting eleven (four if we've no choice at CB). LW, CM, and LB optional. I think with a LW that can actually fulfill the role's responsibilities, a dynamic BTB/DLP type in CM to distribute, and Eriksen in his favored position of CAM, we arguably wouldn't even need an immediate swap at LB. Kaboul looks like he's feeling better and more confident in his knees, and if Vertonghen stays as well then there's no urgent need for a CB swap.

Contrast this versus starting the season in August with five new players and a sixth in an influential role he had barely played at Spurs (Siggy at CAM).

And then new manager comes in and says, "Nope. don't want him, him, him or him."
Falls out with chairman and fans for alienating high profile signings.... Oh, wait...

In orders of player preference, and only including realistic targets:

LB - Samuel Umtiti, Ricardo Rodriguez, Bastian Oczpipa
LW - Yehven Konoplyanka, Rafa Silva, Hakan Calhanoglu
CB - Micah Richards, Fabian Schar, Dejan Lovren
ST - Loic Remy, Josip Drmic
BTB/DLP - Jordy Clasie, Mateo Kovacic

Yes. I would 100% be for Umtiti, he can also step in for cb is needed. I like Fryers and think he will develop into a starter for us but Umtiti can step right in.

Yes. I would 100% be for Umtiti, he can also step in for cb is needed. I like Fryers and think he will develop into a starter for us but Umtiti can step right in.

Everytime I see this, I think...

EveURMJ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom