What positionings need strengthening?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What positions do you think we need to strengthen in the summer window?

I reckon, a LB, LM and a CB. Possibly a striker, as Ade is one of those, who season-wise is not consistent.

Who do you think we should get in those positions also?

I reckon, a LB, LM and a CB. Possibly a striker, as Ade is one of those, who season-wise is not consistent.

We should get: Coentrao, Griezmann, Ginter, Lukaku. Or other players of such quality.

We will get: none of those i'm afraid. Maybe if we get a top manager.

In orders of player preference, and only including realistic targets:

LB - Samuel Umtiti, Ricardo Rodriguez, Bastian Oczpipa
LW - Yehven Konoplyanka, Rafa Silva, Hakan Calhanoglu
CB - Micah Richards, Fabian Schar, Dejan Lovren
ST - Loic Remy, Josip Drmic
BTB/DLP - Jordy Clasie, Mateo Kovacic

We should get: Coentrao, Griezmann, Ginter, Lukaku. Or other players of such quality.

We will get: none of those i'm afraid. Maybe if we get a top manager.

Even with CL and LvG at the helm, some of those players would be out of reach. Great players though.

CB - Michael Richards, Fabian Schar, Dejan Lovren

You mean Micah Richards, or is it someone else? *confused*

Sure do. Wow, slip on that one but get the Turkish lad's name at Hamburg. Preeminent fail.

He's one of the only names I was vaguely familiar with, amongst what seemed like some high scoring scrabble moves there!

I miss the pre-internet days where teams would sign players out of the blue and, for the most part, you'd wonder who the hell they were

I know he's not what he was but I wonder if Rio Ferdinand might be useful for his experience and to bring some order to chaos at the back?

I know he's not what he was but I wonder if Rio Ferdinand might be useful for his experience and to bring some order to chaos at the back?

Man U's CB issues are quite central to their fundamental problems at the moment, so no thanks. Interestingly enough actually, I view both squads as having a lot of similarities in weaknesses and needs at the moment.

I assume you mean just incase we have a racial issue that needs highlighting and blowing out of proportion - that's his experience mostly, well, that and missing drugs tests and throwing toys out of the pram.

I will procure a limousine of strippers and film it for all of you if we manage to pull in Lukaku this summer. I just can't see Chelsea selling to us regardless and as I think it's likely Everton will secure CL football (because of City's likely imminent FFP punishment), I think he'd choose them over us anyway as they may have the funds consequently available.

He's one of the only names I was vaguely familiar with, amongst what seemed like some high scoring scrabble moves there!

I miss the pre-internet days where teams would sign players out of the blue and, for the most part, you'd wonder who the hell they were

And now instead you must read from some Yank halfway across the world chillin in a library (adjusts thick-rimmed glasses), disrespecting the names of your own countrymen, while having an eWank to players with names featuring letters you may have never even seen before. Behold, the absurdity and power of the interwebz.

Nah I'm just kiddin my vision's 20/20, but I have spent my entire fuckin day in a library

CB - Micah Richards, Fabian Schar, Dejan Lovren

Umtiti.. Name rings a bell .. :unsure: Wouldnt be a bad shout.
Id like Konoplyanka he did seem to be a rather good player!

Prem targets: David Marshall, Ben Davies, Patrice Evra, Caulker, Lescott, Kolorov, Milner, Richards, Dzeko, Antonio Valencia, Lallana, Rodriguez, Lovren, Remy, Hernandez, Barry, Lukaku.

Lots of guys from abroad too but too lazy to name all of them. I like Schar, Herrara, Sadio Mane from Salzburg, Inigo Martinez, and Mathieu Valbuena.

Umtiti.. Name rings a bell .. :unsure: Wouldnt be a bad shout.
Id like Konoplyanka he did seem to be a rather good player!

Maybe this'll ring that bell a bit harder:

ibwGlB8yaTthEj.gif

Back
Top Bottom