West Bromich Albion versus Tottenham Hotspur - 31st January.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

funnily enough Mason and Paulinho were our two best tacklers today. Paulinho was the best with 5 successful tackles and Mason 3. Lamela made 2, as many as Eriksen and Dembele.
Lamela had the best pass success rate with 95% of his passes reaching the intended target.

More interesting is the heat map of our 6 players in midfield and attack: Dembele, Paulinho, Mason, Eriksen, Kane and Lamela: (direction of play: top to bottom)

Shows that we don't get much movement around the oppo 6 yrd box, and that we lack a little service on the right side but we worked much harder covering ground overall

and theirs:

Last edited:
There will be some players who will appear to be below par because others are perfoming so well. All the team can do (TEAM) is win the game they are competeing in. I could be critical of some players/moments but overal as a team we were superb. Please dont get into negative comments about some players ather a great team performance. I didnt feel pauliho played well but he contrbuted to the whole pereformance. Well done Spurs.
Well done Spurs. Indeed

There was a lad in row In front of Us with an SLR who looked like he was getting some good photos. Was in a blue jacket.don't suppose anyone knows who he is and where he uploads his photos? Ta

Just got home after watching the game on my friend's house. Very happy with the result and the way we are playing. West Brom might not be the best team in the world, but the progress Poch and the team are making is clearly there.

At first I was against Dembélé playing further up in the field, but after the last couple matches I think he fits really well there now that we have a proper attacking force that benefits from his attributes.

I'm happy with Walker and Lamela on the right side. Both are improving their decision making every match and don't get on the way of each other.

I think I don't really need to say anything about Kane, Eriksen and Lloris. All amazing footballers.

Paulinho had a ok-ish match. Nothing amazing but he is surely improving. I still rate Stambouli more than him.

Jayc1 do you understand the difference between the words "many" and "all."

I said many. I said in general. None of these are universal, they're majoritarian.

I didn't use the word all. Totti didn't use the word all.

Shove it up your arse, if you're going to literally make shit up. No one said all, so don't introduce it into the debate as if either of us said it. Also, binned for being insulting with no justification at all. My original post wasn't insulting or offensive to anyone.

Excellent win. We did much better than I expected, well done the team and Poch.:thumbup:

Though as I said the big news and plus for us pre-match was Lloris back after injury, far more important than whether Paulinho started, which so many concentrated on at the time.

Interesting too that Mcmanaman DIDN'T score on his debut for West Brom despite some claiming in Spursdom this was a given against us. Of course nowhere near as many as the legions who claimed that Defoe would score against us, 'easy money from the bookies' etc. Funny enough JD did score today but NOT against us.

I look forward to the next debutant against us, and see how many are claiming 'he will score, they always do', etc, etc. :coys:

I said many. I said in general. None of these are universal, they're majoritarian.

I didn't use the word all. Totti didn't use the word all.

Shove it up your arse, if you're going to literally make shit up. No one said all, so don't introduce it into the debate as if either of us said it. Also, binned for being insulting with no justification at all. My original post wasn't insulting or offensive to anyone.
Well it clearly was. No need for these kind of personal attacks ha ha. As usual one rule for you and one rule for everyone else. You are the classic 'dish it out but can't take it merchant'.

Last edited:
When Bale turned up from the Saints he took a whole year to toughen up and with Redknapps boot up his arse he transformed into the Star he is now, give Lamela the same chance and we might have strict gold twice COYS
I don't think Lamela will ever be the equal of Bale. The Welsh Wonder is a phenomenon, a force of nature. If Erik can turn out to be as good as Tony Galvin, though in a different manner, that'll do me. (No disrespect to Galvin BTW, a top player for Spurs, but not the global galactico that Gareth is.)

funnily enough Mason and Paulinho were our two best tacklers today. Paulinho was the best with 5 successful tackles and Mason 3. Lamela made 2, as many as Eriksen and Dembele.
Lamela had the best pass success rate with 95% of his passes reaching the intended target.

More interesting is the heat map of our 6 players in midfield and attack: Dembele, Paulinho, Mason, Eriksen, Kane and Lamela: (direction of play: top to bottom)

Shows that we don't get much movement around the oppo 6 yrd box, and that we lack a little service on the right side but we worked much harder covering ground overall

and theirs:
Oh look a heat map showing how our midfield play....in the midfield....stats these days are fucking amazing aren't they?

Oh look a heat map showing how our midfield play....in the midfield....stats these days are fucking amazing aren't they?
Can't beat a good heat map. This one looks a lot like a donkey.

Bvk5yx_XCYAA5_SW.jpg

image.png

Now stop being a child with the sin bin button and fucking grow up - where does it end?

Back
Top Bottom