Vitesse Arnhem v Tottenham Hotspur 17:45 Thurs October 21st

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Greaves was a genius level talent. Scarlett isn't.

He should be getting experience at a lower level, not his fault he's being asked to play in the first team before his time.

It's probably doing more harm than good.
I take your point, perhaps Greaves was a bad example but on the other hand plenty of other people have made debuts at age 17 to be honest. Certainly didn’t help that he was playing with team mates who are not good enough to put in any kind of performance themselves let alone protect the new boy.

Hilarious how Liverpool can play the same starting 11 against Atletico, beat them, and then likely go onto beat United with the same 11 this Sunday. They do all this with players like Salah and Mane not breaking a sweat. Meanwhile, Nuno purposely throws games to avoid getting sacked.
Nuno getting sacked is a matter of time

Fuck me these cunts are going to be playing midweek at Burnley aren’t they?! Hopefully my ticket gets lost in the post…

:mourweird:
I’ll take it off your hands for a small fee

A grand should cover it

I’ll forward you my bank account number so you can transfer the payment

Your welcome

Cant criticise scarlett as the kid is 17. He needs to go on loan and I think he will in january. He needs to beef up a bit. Too big an ask for him to be in first. Owen was 17 but is an exception. Saw game and just no creativity. Average team tonight. Thank fuck kane didnt go otherwise big trouble.

A certain Jimmy Greaves scored on his debut against Spurs aged 17 and went on to score 22 that season. How else is Scarlett gonna get experience if he doesn’t play?

I have no problem dropping him into a better functioning side, be that a first 11 or a partially rotated 11; but dropping him into the grinder abroad with a bunch of sulking blowhards is fucking cruel and not worse his time.

p.s. Not every players is destined to be one of the best strikers the world has ever seen, so Greavsie as the bar is fanciful to say the least.

Last edited:
On paper ours was a decent-ish side, certainly enough to get us a result against that lot but its like the players know they are back up and just cant be arsed. Its all really disjointed. Its not a new thing, we were turd in the Europa under Redknapp, Poch and Mourinho. This one we seem even worse. Pointless.
I dont like comparing clubs etc but youd have to wonder if the dippers put out a second team like us the difference in attitude and application towards the lack of effort and shite served up by our lot. It would be street leagues ahead

I have no problem dropping him int a better functioning side, be that a first 11 or a partially rotated 11; but dropping him into the grinder abroad with a bunch of sulking blowhards is fucking cruel and not worse his time.

p.s. Not every players is destined to be one of the best strikers the world has ever seen, so Greavsie as the bar is fanciful to say the least.
Not signing a backup striker this summer has to be the stupidest thing this club has done in the last 20 years and it has some pretty stiff competition

I would have sacked the manager in middle of august after the game in Portugal

on this game I can see want the manager may have been trying here, put out the second 11 with no help from the first team, now he can turn to Levy and the DoF and say these guys are not good enough we need to replace them all, its now down to Levy & DoF to get this lot out and new ones in

Back
Top Bottom