Vitesse Arnhem v Tottenham Hotspur 17:45 Thurs October 21st

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To be fair there are few here who've hated Aurier, Sanchez, Sissoko, Ndombele with all they have but somehow they cant get themselves to slate dier, winks, doherty and davies who have been equally bad or worse in doherty and winks cases. Maybe its a coincidence.
Davies isn't fantastic but he's been a decent player for us, and fine in a pinch.

I'm not sure how you can honestly say though that Dier, Winks, and Doherty aren't slated. Dier has been better this season so it has been quieter, but the level of vitriol he has received over the past 2 years has been immense.

Hilarious how Liverpool can play the same starting 11 against Atletico, beat them, and then likely go onto beat United with the same 11 this Sunday. They do all this with players like Salah and Mane not breaking a sweat. Meanwhile, Nuno purposely throws games to avoid getting sacked.
Thats because Champions league and the Mantud game are both very very important.

You think Klopp would play his best 11 against some lower league team in the league cup 2 days before he faces manutd? Nope

Exactly,

We are heavily relying on Kane and Son, our squad is absolutely fucking pitiful. Even the likes of Everton have better depth than us. You have to point the blame at both Levy and the scouting policy which has brought in so much dross its unreal.

I'm probably in a minority but Gil for me is so ridiculously light weight, he is never going to cut it in the PL.
Bergwijn and Lo Celso maybe have 6 quality performances between the pair of them.

There is just no recruitment plan or squad balance at all, it's all just throwing cheap darts at a board and hoping one of them turns out to be quality.

If only it was the "cheap darts" that don't deliver for us...... :(

A certain Jimmy Greaves scored on his debut against Spurs aged 17 and went on to score 22 that season. How else is Scarlett gonna get experience if he doesn’t play?
Greaves was a genius level talent. Scarlett isn't.

He should be getting experience at a lower level, not his fault he's being asked to play in the first team before his time.

It's probably doing more harm than good.

i'm not sure the big picture is lost but it's more a dissapointment that a squad full of internatials were shit and they didn't give it everything. We all know the league is more important but why aren't these players pulling up trees trying to fight their way back into the first team. have they given up or feel this comp is benieth them? Either way it's the wrong attitude from a so called professional.

I would be asking each one of them:

1. is that the best you can do? If it is then leave
2. did you not give a shit? If so them leave

A sh!t competition. I really don't care and how people think.players will get motivated in a game they know they are playing in because they are 2nd eaters (in the main) I do not know.

Not bothered mate.

Davies isn't fantastic but he's been a decent player for us, and fine in a pinch.

I'm not sure how you can honestly say though that Dier, Winks, and Doherty aren't slated. Dier has been better this season so it has been quieter, but the level of vitriol he has received over the past 2 years has been immense.
I didnt say that.

I don’t think this one’s on Nuno.
He made a reasonable judgement to play his second eleven, but including some first team players. The trouble is, they were just not up to it. Winks, GLC and Dele were totally ineffective. They had a chance to show what they could do but they didnt turn up.

But that's the problem - they HAVEN'T been thrown together. They should have been training as our 2nd 11 for quite a while now. Several of those players and the manager need to be given a verbal warning - In any other job they'd be deemed not to be fulfilling the terms of their contracts.

They have been thrown together, this team is made up of an 11 of the rest of those left out, you're not gonna see any consisteny or cohesion from them in a match game no matter how many practice sessions they have together.

the second 11 are going to cause us some big problems this season
Who plays in the LC & FAC ?
Who plays in the rest of these ECL games ?

They have been thrown together, this team is made up of an 11 of the rest of those left out, you're not gonna see any consisteny or cohesion from them in a match game no matter how many practice sessions they have together.
But we could see a decent effort and spirit

Back
Top Bottom