Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yep he is amazing can see why we went tooth and nail for him, could have altered our season. I just hope we keep this team together long enough to get a top class AM and complete our team and properly go for the title, we are nearly there as a squad.

Think we can all get Isco out of our minds though. He's finally getting game time for Real Madrid and he's doing very well for them. There are attacking midfielders out there, it's just about scouting them. I think Pochettino probably knows it's an area we struggle.

I usually try and keep a balanced view of opinions on here but I'm starting to see why the 'anti-melting' brigade get so frustrated sometimes. This thread is nonsensical and should be closed. Sometimes I wonder whether some people understand football at all.

Giving an honest opinion on how a player has performed so far is not having a pop

He could score 30 goals this season, he could score 2.

I'm judging him on how he's done so far not how he could do

I find the fact people are comparing him to Henry Bergkamp and Drogba as a bit pathetic to be honest.

Stupid to compare him to Drogba or Henry, they ain't got nothing on our vince, we should really be comparing him to the likes of Jimmy greaves.....:pochohshit:

Giving an honest opinion on how a player has performed so far is not having a pop

He could score 30 goals this season, he could score 2.

I'm judging him on how he's done so far not how he could do

I find the fact people are comparing him to Henry Bergkamp and Drogba as a bit pathetic to be honest.
We're comparing their starts, not the players themselves.

That's quite obvious.

so vince is already being compared to the likes of bergkamp, henry and drogba... why don't we start comparing him to diego armando maradona?
You said Armando.

You must be super serious.

IMG_0116.jpg

Not sure why people think Janssen is the problem, he starts, holds the ball up from 2 defenders then lays it off to Eriksen/Lamela/Onomah etc who do nothing with it.

We have a player who can bully any defender yet have no runners playing off him, Liverpool would have a mountain of goals with Janssen up top laying the ball off to Mane and Couthino 25 yards from goal.

As I keep saying Kane or Janssen are not the problem, the problem is in our AM's who offer little to no threat (Son excepted) despite the donkey work done by our striker/s.

If you want Janssen to get in the box more and shoot then our other attacking players need to raise their game and do more work further forward in support. Janssen has come from another league, is not yet fit enough and is still in the adaption phase yet his actual play is better than many of our longer term players and we are moaning.

We need a world class attacking midfielder far more than a replacement for Janssen.
To start , Im a big fan.
Hes not complete and needs time to adjust. Janssen sometimes gets in the wrong position . He finds himself isolated at times and needs to find a pass whereas he needs to be in a postion to go for goal. Hes got a great ' football brain'' and has shown this. I find he make clever runs but dosnt get the pass. When in and around the area,, you either shoot or give it to someone else to shoot. He needs to be that someone else?

1 in the league and 2 in the LC right? Fact is he's cost nearly double and has not to dissimilar stats. Neither are starters for their respective sides.
But Batshuyai isn't getting any chances in the league whereas Janssen has been in the starting line up quite a lot. Can you not see the difference?

I thought penalties didn't count.

In all seriousness, it's a worry how similar the comparisons are on a high level - big money, dark haired striker, struggles to score, but can put away a good penalty....

aUPRX6a.jpg

Last edited:
Agree with the others on here- I think Janssen is a great signing and has been playing very well for us. He is unbelievably strong for his size- I think we may have a legit target man in him for the next 4-5 seasons.

Unfortunately, our AM's can't seem to get him any decent service at the moment. Janssen rarely gets a quality cross on his head and doesn't get the ball played into his feet that often, either. Maybe the team isn't used to playing with a back-to-the-goal type striker, but it is a luxury to have a big man of such quality, and one that we are squandering a bit right now : S

I thought he was pretty good today, probably the best I've seen him. And against that pair of fucking lumps in their defence, today has me more convinced he'll do well for us.

I thought he was pretty good today, probably the best I've seen him. And against that pair of fucking lumps in their defence, today has me more convinced he'll do well for us.

He suits games like today. Defenders who have no intention of defending a football. Janssen played them at their own game. It was most certainly his best game in a Spurs shirt and I am glad he got the goal.

I agree he has something about him, I'm hoping we can learn to play with Vince and Harry in the starting 11!

Back
Top Bottom